New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Four Seasons Hotel Singapore

Four Seasons Hotel Singapore
Ranked #6 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“This Hotel Has to be my favorite for Singapore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I was down for the Singapore Air show, and of course its important to get a good nights sleep, and I must say the bed, and comforter in the Four Seasons is by far the best... Your sure to have a good night sleep, and not want to get out of bed to do anything..

The service, food, and location of the Four Seasons Singapore makes it an easy choice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Cliff4nier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Nicest hotel we've ever stayed. Rooms are very comfortable with everything top clean spacious and luxurious. Friendly and polite staff. Foods are good with many choices to choose. The ambiance was quite conducive to romantic mood-setting. Amazing stay here. Don't hesitate to stay here!.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank brettharris
Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

The Four Seasons is a Top Five Star Property but with a very personal touch. The hotel has 18 floors but still you feel as if everybody knows you and as if you everybody there. Rooms are very comfortable with everything top clean and luxurious. Super friendly and professional staff.
Gym is fully equipped and sauna and steam bath are modern and comfortable.
Breakfast and lunch buffet offer some of the best varieties in town. The bed is one of the best I ever had of all 5 star hotels in the world. On the downside one may mention the somewhat outdated swimming pool on the 3rd floor where the showers don't work properly-but there is another smaller pool on the top level. Then the sitting area inside next to the pool needs a revamp and really annoying is the internet charge of $35/day for up to four devices, like phones and laptop. At the rates you pay for your stay such service should be included. Everybody uses the internet for their phones and laptops theses days. Charging extra for it is like charging you for the light in your room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Norbert B
Helsinki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

What can I say, again very solid performance from Four Seasons Singapore. Great service, excellent rooms, luxurious but still comfortable atmosphere. Very friendly staff, most of them remembering your name (I have a difficult Swedish name). Service on the roof top pool (Alison) is always warm.

If I had to complain about something that would be the availability of taxis but I guess that's more Singapore problem overall than hotel's.

3 Thank krdn-ctlr
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

My husband and I very much enjoyed the Mandarin Oriental the last time we were in Singapore (nearly 2 years ago), but we decided to return to the Four Seasons this time because 1) the guest rooms had been remodeled since our previous stay (4 years ago) and we wanted to see the updates, 2) we wanted to be near the wonderful holiday lights on Orchard Road, and 3) we're generally Four Seasons fans. We stayed for two nights just before Christmas and one night just after the New Year.

We booked a deluxe room for the two nights in December and a superior room the one night in January. Both times we were put in identical rooms on the 11th floor, which is a "couples floor". The main advantage for us was free internet, which the Four Seasons usually charges for. They also brought little desserts to our room each afternoon and had canapes out most of the day on a credenza near the elevators. The rooms on this floor have loads of extra throw pillows on the bed/chair, have 4 M&M canisters full of free candy, and have photos of "romantic" things like wedding rings scattered about as well as books of love poems and such.

The room was generally tasteful but a bit too traditional for me. Even with the extra throw pillows it was bland and too beige. The four M&M canisters in bright primary colors stuck out glaringly (and, I have to say, rather crassly) as the only real color in the room. (Although I did happily eat the free M&Ms and Jelly Bellys). And the romantic photos and stuff were a bit too much for me – a little tacky.

I wish the FS Singapore had followed the example of the FS Bangkok, with sleeker Asian-influenced decor. The rooms in Bangkok have lovely pops of color, with silk throws and pillows on the beds and Thai murals over them. And the rooms at the Mandarin Oriental in Singapore are similar to the FS Bangkok.

The bathroom - also beige, of course – was large and had a big soaking tub and a shower with great water pressure. No complaints there. We had a city view from our room but it wasn't of anything that would wow you.

The fitness center is on par the better ones we've generally found in hotels, and should meet most people's needs. I had a massage at the spa and it was lovely and relaxing.

The lobby isn't terribly distinctive, but it is elegant and quiet, with a couple of little sitting rooms tucked away, as well as two restaurants, a bar, and a small shop. The Christmas decorations were attractive and festive.

Our package included the buffet breakfast, which is delicious and offers a nice selection. The Four Seasons is half the size of the Mandarin Oriental, and you feel this at breakfast for sure – the restaurant is much smaller, quiet, and relaxed – you won't get lost trying to find your way back to your table from the buffet, like at the MO.

Service is, not surprisingly, excellent. The staff knew our names from the first minute. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful. All requests (dinner reservations, directions, coffee in the middle of the night, etc) were handled quickly and efficiently. We were impressed that they sent our laundry to a same-day outside service that charged a very reasonable rate vs. the typical practice of charging a small fortune for per-piece in-house laundry service.

Overall the Four Seasons is a lovely hotel with wonderful service. I highly recommend it if you prefer a smaller, more intimate hotel and/or if you want to be on Orchard Road. But overall I did prefer the more modern, colorful, Asian-inspired room decor at the Mandarin Oriental, and the harbor/skyline views from the MO are spectacular. I also like the location of the MO just as much as the FS. So although I would be happy to stay at the Four Seasons again, I would probably choose the Mandarin Oriental next time.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank frangipani7
Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

This is a nice hotel with a very good location. Its just off the main shopping district - Orchard road so is very close to all the big malls and gives accesst o many eating options. Its also cenrally located to get to clark quay etc. This however is unlike a typical four seasons hotel or any other comparable hotel in the sense that its not top end - in the quality of stay or service.

The room I got was large and had all the ammenities that one would typically expect from a luxury hotel of this standard. The difference I thought was in smaller details that make luxury hotels different- service - disappointing accross house keeping room service, restaurants and the club. Room service phone lines never got answered - the calls were alwas answered by the operator after a number of rings who took a minute or two to find someone in room service before my order could be taken. This happened all of the 5 times I called room service. I also struggled to get room service to take back teh trays after I finsihed my meals. Two of the three occassions I had to carry the tray out myself while the third time breakfast tray was removed by the person who carried my lunch (lunch tray I carried out of the room myself).

House keeping was ok but not the usual "feel good" when I got back to the room in the evening. Other smaller deatils - newspapers are provided on request (I requested 4 times a day for the 3 days I was there but dint get one in my room), toilet ammenities are high quality but limited for a hotel of this kind. Telephone chargers - they have only one machine that charges batteries only - so one needs to take the battery out of the phone walk down to the lobby and hand it over and so on.

The breakfast is just ok - have had better spreads in singapore elsewhere. The service at breakfast was wanting. The gym is below average for a property like this. The total public place available is limited and not quite the way its described on tehir website. The green gardens etc described on the website clearly are misleading.

Overall nice hotel but not like a typical four seasons hotel. Not value for money for the price they charge. Have satyed at the Ritz Carlton and Mandarin Oriental in singapore which I would recommend any day over this hotel.

Room Tip: Try and stay away from rooms just above the tennis court (7th and 8th floors). One of my colleagues...