Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #43 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Good hotel that is in a central location - rooms are fine but bathroom was tight. Staff helpful and friendly would recommend this hotel . The pool is great and breakfast is varied and of a high quality.

Room Tip: Dont expect a view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear alicia18,

Thank you very much for your recommendation.

Your compliments for our staff are deeply appreciated. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and your time at the pool area. Having a spacious bathroom would definitely be a plus. However, I hope the service very well compensated for the shortfall on the bathroom. All feedback from our guests are valued greatly by us. I will definitely take your feedback into consideration for our future plans.

I look forward to having you back at Royal Plaza on Scotts!

Patrick Fiat

Write a ReviewReviews (4,518)

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Royal Plaza on Scotts is in the heart of the high end shopping and close to the light rail. It's also a short taxi ride to the Botanical Gardens which are spectacular. We booked a Club Deluxe room which is on a floor with it's own private lounge. The afternoon drinks and appetizers were included in the price and were fantastic. We really didn't need dinner. Breakfas was included as well and was great. Service was over the top - superb!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a "view". Our "view look out over a parking garage to some high...

Dear Crafty_Traveler

It is definitely a joy to be reading your review. I am pleasantly delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Having a great location is what we are always thankful for. I appreciate your compliments for our exclusive Royal Club Lounge. Some afternoon drinks and appetizers to perk you up in the middle of the day completes a well-deserved vacation.

I am glad our service was superbly over the top! I am already looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Very clean hotel. The standard room is comfortable but not much on luxury or style. The rooms are likely set up for a minimalist traveler. I found the hairdryer in the writing desk drawer. With the very short cord and having to come out of the bathroom with wet hair to dry my hair just made it quite an inconvenience. Nice perks on the free internet and the mini bar—which is not restocked. The hotel staffs are efficient but inflexible. They vetoed my request for a late check out (even for just a couple hours) but they politely offered an un-air conditioned sauna/change room on the 5th floor for showering which I accepted. I was dripping with sweat again after the shower inside the 90F+ room. I appreciate the gesture but think I’ll pass on it next time.
There are lots of shopping malls around the hotel if you like that sort of thing and a plethora of breakfast or other meal time options in the vicinity, so no need to feel like you are limited to the restaurants on the premises. I got the best exchange rate tip on a recommendation from a local, the Lucky Plaza, a sort of bargain basement venue. You’ll get a better than posted currency exchange rate if you bargain with the shop sellers.

Room Tip: Higher floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Siobhan X

Dear Vat S

I would like to say thank you for your review!

I am happy to know that your overall stay was good. Having a comfortable room during a trip is what I always want to provide for our guests.

However, I understand that you had some hiccups along the way during your stay. I would like to assure you that the details that you have noted in your review will certainly be looked at.

Thank you once again for sharing with us your feedback. We will work harder to provide the best service possible on your next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Only had four nights at the Royal Plaza but was very impressed. Stayed at the recommendation of a friend who always stays here...and very happy with our decision. Rooms are modern and very clean. Mini bar was restocked each day..there are only a few items in the fridge...but handy to take when you go out for the day. The nespresso machine was brilliant...saved me going to Starbucks which is right outside each morning. The staff are very helpful and seem to go out of their way to make the stay special.
Orchard road was very busy as we stayed Fri - Tuesday...but with the MRT about a 5 minute walk we could travel all over the city.

Dear Blackjacknz

A wonderful review!

I am glad you chose to stay here with us! You’ve said it; the brilliance of staying at Royal Plaza on Scotts is having endless amenities at your doorstep.

Do pass on the word and see you back again soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We recently went to Singapore for a girls shopping weekend and stayed at the Royal Plaza on Scotts. The location is amazing. It is so close to the main shopping on Orchard Rd and the MRT. The room was small with very short beds, which might be an issue for tall people. However, it was modern, clean and well appointed. The beds were actually very comfortable. The standard rooms do not have a bath, but the shower is great. The pool and gym weren't very inspiring. The airconditioning in the gym was either nonexistent or didn't work very well. The headphones were attached to the equipment with cable ties, so guests are expected to re-use headphones. This wasn't very hygienic. Due to the small size, there is no floor space for stretching and sit-ups etc. Buffet breakfast was OK. Service was very good and staff friendly. We would stay again due to excellent location, but leave the gym gear and bathers at home.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Steph C

A therapeutic girl’s shopping weekend!

I am glad it sounded like you had a fruitful trip. It is certainly great to be located near the main shopping belt in Singapore.

I am happy to note that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful review and see you soon on your next trip!

Reviewed 25 March 2012

This hotel is wonderfully located! It is so close to the Orchard shopping area and yet far enough to be away from the busy-ness and noise of it! Of course, the wonderful thing about this area is the connectivity - you can either underground or take the overhead bridge to get to the shopping complex that you want to.
The rooms in the hotel is a bit small. I guess it ok for the business traveller - which I am. Everything in the room is in order - the drinks and snacks in the mini bar are free! So eat and drink all you want and of course there is a great coffee making machine there as well!
Service is great and the food at the coffeehouse is delicious!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ng_reggie

Dear ng_reggie

You’ve said it!

You have said our main selling points of Royal Plaza on Scotts. We have our complimentary minibar and the Nespresso Coffee machine which is constantly raved by many who have been with us.

Thank you so much for your review. I am sure many will find it useful.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Recent weekend trip to Singapore and we were lucky enough to be booked into the Royal Plaza on Scotts.
Great location - could not get any closer to the shopping if you tried!! Our room was very quiet even though it was the first one closest to the lifts which is always a no no for me....but very quiet we never heard any other guests at all and no street noise.
Room was very comfortable - Nespresso machine, free mini bar, robes, great rainwater shower head, good pillows and comfortable beds.
What more can you want?
We did not eat at the hotel but the buffet lunch and dinner looked very nice and fresh with heaps of seafood and yummy desserts!
Would definitely stay here again if we wanted to be right in the middle of everything.

Dear mytimenow

Indeed, what more?

I sure hope you did enjoy our complimentary high speed WIFI. It is my delight to be able to provide a comfortable stay for you.

Royal Plaza on Scotts is always ready to welcome you again.