“Singapore, end of March 2012”

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #43 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
A TripAdvisor Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The Royal Plaza on Scotts Road is a solid hotel. The rooms are all non-smoking, a very positive aspect of a hotel stay in Asia. Check-in staff is efficient, the rooms are clean and everything works. The "free" minibar and coffee/tea availability in the room are fantastic. Considering the location and the amenities available, this hotel is good value for money. Singapore is expensive across the board; you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear cheaprooms.com traveller,

I am pleased to be one of your preferred hotels in Asia.

Being the first hotel in Singapore to be 100% non-smoking is our pride. I am glad that this initiative is appreciated. Thank you once again for your wonderful review and see you soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We have stayed at the Royal Plaza On Scotts now for the 4th time and I will say it is a great place to stay when in Singapore. We stayed in a Deluxe club suite 1526 on the same floor as the club room here breakfast, afternoon tea and supper and cocktails are served every day. This is well worth the extra money. All the staff in the Club are fantastic and very helpful and friendly. Eve was great and always so interested in my daily purchases of shoes and handbags, not that I got too many. The singapore slings in the afternoon are a great starter for a big night and coffee is served in the club up to 11pm. The rooms are very comfortable and toiletries great quality. Check in and check out was quick and easy in the club not downstairs with the crowds. All the facilities at the hotel and 1st class and quality. Free mini bar replenished daily is also a bonus. Close to Orchard rd and all the main shops, bus-stop at the doors step and SMRT 5 min walk and taxis at the door. Will be staying here again next year....

Room Tip: Book a club room for the extra money its worth it...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Wendy F,

4th stay with us and many more to come…

I am glad you had such a great time for each of your stay. Our location right in the heart of Singapore’s most popular shopping belt certainly makes shopping hassle free.

Royal Plaza on Scotts is looking forward to many more refreshing and enjoyable years with you!

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Best value for money at this location which has some of the big brand hotels in Singapore. The property is right in the middle of the shopping paradise of Singapore - Orchard road & Scotts road. The rooms are quite comfy & spacious and the mini bar comes with the price of the room. The restaurant & bar serves really good food & wine but is certainly expensive. Orchard road & Scotts road are also nice places to hang around and spend time with friends. Overall, it's a nice place to stay if you are looking for shopping destinations within walking distance and if you have deep pockets.

Room Tip: All rooms are quite ok but there is no view outside the windows.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear Varad_G,

I am glad you found some time to relax amidst your busy business trip.

Thank you for your compliments for our award-winning buffet restaurant, Carousel. Our team of chefs are glad to know that their efforts to whip up the most delectable dishes is appreciated.

Thank you for your efforts to share your experience here on Tripadvisor. We are ready to welcome you back any time.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Room Great. Loved th coffee machine and th buffet breakfast. The pool was just average. Location is perfect for shopping etc. For cheaper prices and great food go to Chinatown or Far East Plaza. "the queue is the clue "

Stayed: March 2012
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear jacnmok

Thank you for your review.

I appreciate your time to share with us how you loved the Nespresso Coffee machine and the buffet breakfast.

I am sure your clue on getting the best deals and delectable delights will be beneficial for future travelers!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

In my travels, this is the first hotel that offered me a real upgrade to its Club Deluxe Room. Earlier I had indicated that we would be celebrating both my husband's birthday and anniversary at the same time, and we were surprised with a lovely (and the most delicious) orange cake in our room. I cannot stop singing praises about this hotel... everything was lovely, from the service to the staff, to the ambience and the rooms, and the cleanliness and the surroundings, everything was really 5 star. I had such a good experience that I am now using L'occitane shower products at home to remind me of the good time I had at the hotel. Although it is a really luxurious and pricey for my husband and me, we would definitely be saving up again to have another rendezvous at this hotel :)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Azranan,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!

I am delighted to hear that you and your husband had a wonderful stay. We, at Royal Plaza on Scotts, understand that every moment should be a celebration. Thus, we try our best to create a memorable and meaningful occasion, filled with surprises.

Thank you for your compliments for our staff. I look forward to having you back to celebrate again with us!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We were upgraded, so the room was very nice. The room was immaculate, bathroom spacious and quiet. A perfect 1 day stop-over on our way to Bali.

The location is good as it is close to shopping.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear donjoz,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to know you appreciated the upgrade and found the room in great condition. Having a nice place to relax with convenient access to the shopping havens is the best way to enjoy your holiday. I am happy to provide that for you.

I hope you had a wonderful time in Bali and see you again at Royal Plaza on Scotts!

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Good hotel that is in a central location - rooms are fine but bathroom was tight. Staff helpful and friendly would recommend this hotel . The pool is great and breakfast is varied and of a high quality.

Room Tip: Dont expect a view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear alicia18,

Thank you very much for your recommendation.

Your compliments for our staff are deeply appreciated. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and your time at the pool area. Having a spacious bathroom would definitely be a plus. However, I hope the service very well compensated for the shortfall on the bathroom. All feedback from our guests are valued greatly by us. I will definitely take your feedback into consideration for our future plans.

I look forward to having you back at Royal Plaza on Scotts!