The hotel is well located (at the top of the main shopping strip leading toward Scotts Road) and was formerly known as the Ming Court Hotel (in the '80s); however, sad to say, the guestrooms and meeting room floors are tired, and dilapidated.
I had my room bookeed by the local business for arrival that I was visiting on 20th May-but when I arrived was 'upsold' to a so called 'deluxe' room package (room 1208). The package was fair in that it included Internet in the room (however, this should be free in this day and age in hotels) and breakfast in the 2nd Floor restaurant. The rate charged for the Sunday night was S$190 + S$35 for thee 'upgrade' package and for the Monday night S$270 + S$35. Add local GST to this-so not inexpensive.
The restaurant was basically nothing more than a converted large meeting room-with noisy staff that yell to each other across the room. The food was basic with regular powdered coffee -2 star quality at the very best.
The guestroom was too cold-and the thermostat didn't work--couldn't ajdust the temperature at all so had to turn off the aircon entirely! Even at 12F there was the distinct thump of a nearby disco audible (or rather actually 'felt') in the room until 0300 both nights!
For the same (or rather slightly better rates) have stayed in the Marina Square area previously-this was a huge disappointment.
The strange contradiction is that the Owner of the Hotel (Far East Organisation) who own quite a lot of properties and run an add in Cathay Pacific Studio CX extolling themselves as 'The best developer in Singapore' -ironically it was the memory of that advert that enticed me to stay there in the first place when I was given a choice of hotel locatoin by our local company. The moral of the story-Developers, you need to realise that if you make these kind of claims, then you need to follow through and actually provide the level of quality that you extol!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the entrance of the Orchard Road, Singapore's most famous shopping belt, Orchard Parade Hotel is just a 10-minute walk from Lido Cineplex and major shopping centers such as ION Orchard, Wisma Atria and Ngee Ann City. Business travellers will enjoy the accessibility of Orchard Parade Hotel, and families with children will definitely appreciate the hotel's spacious 50-60sqm Family Rooms. It is also within 10-minute walk to Scotts Road, another famous shopping district in Singapore. The same amount of walking time will bring you to Orchard MRT station, which can connect you to other parts of the city. A 10-minute car ride will get you to the Central Business District or Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre. Orchard Parade Hotel is also only 30-minute drive from Changi International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orchard Parade Hotel Singapore
- Orchard Parade Hotel By Far East Hospitality Singapore