Hilton Singapore is located on a very busy section of Orchard road, and a 10 minute walk from the St Regis (a hotel that I really like) as well as the Hyatt (Scotts road) and Marriott (Orchard Road) the Orchard Road MTR (subway) station.
Getting here: A taxi from Changi Singapore airport is only about SIN $25 (~USD 20) unless you arrive late and there is a 50% surcharge after midnight. It is only about a 20 minute ride in. The MTR (subway) is a lot less expensive and will drop you off at Orchard Road station which is a 5 – 10 minute walk to the hotel, but will take longer than a taxi.
This hotel has fairly large rooms and updated furnishings and carpet in the rooms. The bed is very comfortable and after a bit of jet lag it feels great. The bathrooms are small, probably due to the age of the building.
The hotel is on a busy section of Orchard road and there are lots of restaurants and shops within easy walking distance. It is a good alternative to the St Regis hotel which I think is a nicer and more posh hotel, but given the price gap between the Hilton and St Regis it was impossible to justify the St Regis on this trip. If the prices are the same, or close, I would take the St Regis every time.
The executive lounge is located on the 22nd floor, and breakfast is more limited than the full breakfast down on lobby level. The lounge has very good hours from 06:30 to 23:00 daily.
The one complaint that I have is the last two visits I have had rooms that face Orchard Road and there is a deadly combination of jet lag and street noise. I was on the 18th floor this time, and even on the 22nd floor executive lounge, you can hear the street noise. It isn’t horrible, but I have to wonder if better windows would help. As an alternative, ask for a room that doesn’t face Orchard road, especially if you are a light sleeper.
Nicer than your “typical” non-Asian Hilton hotel, the staff delivers solid and respectable service levels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Orchard Road, Singapore's popular entertainment and shopping district, Hilton Singapore is close to both ION Orchard and Takashimaya shopping centers. This award-winning Singapore hotel is a convenient 20-minute drive from Singapore Changi International Airport and close to Singapore's popular attractions. Try the Opus Bar & Grill's prime-cuts that are dry aged in-house for 14 to 36 days and grilled over an open-flame charcoal grill, or sip on a cocktail inspired by Asian food at the bar. For authentic Italian cuisine, il Cielo is known for its high culinary standards using organic produce. Perched on the 24th floor of the hotel, the Sky Bar is the perfect oasis to relax over drinks while taking in sunset views of the city. Revitalize with an organic juice and healthy lunch from the Glow Juice Bar and Cafe. For the sweet-toothed ones, the D9 Cakery offers an impressive six-meter showcase of delicious cakes, pastries and more. Enjoy shopping in luxury boutiques without leaving the hotel in the Shopping Gallery. Stay active during your stay at this Singapore hotel. Swim laps in the rooftop pool, work out in the fully equipped fitness center or indulge in rejuvenating beauty treatments. Make business easy at the Hilton Singapore hotel. Stay connected with colleagues and catch up with work with contemporary business amenities and secretarial services. Hold business meetings or conferences in our versatile meeting rooms accommodating 18-550 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Hilton International Singapore
- Singapore Hilton International