I stayed and in fact, am still here now at the Hilton Singapore for a conference. I've been thinking that seeing I trav el so much, I suspect my expectations of hotels may be too high so for this review, I'll list all the pro's and cons and let you judge for yourself.
Generally, the Hilton isn't my first choice of a hotel chain as I can't help thinking of chucking money at a certain spoiled brat who has far too much discretionary income and I hate thinking that I'm contributing to her and her pooch! Consequently, I'm only at Silver level so aren't afforded any of the niceties like upgrade to a suite or access to the lounge.
This is my first time back to this Hilton for many years as the last time I was here, I found it too tired and in need of a refurbish. Well, it's had the refurbish but the rooms are still tiny but I guess we can't do much about that? The room itself is OK but the furniture is utilitarian and looks as if it all came from IKEA.
So, the pro's! This is easy and I'll give it to you in one word, Nordia! I needed to do some printing the other night and being technically inept, Nordia helped me and was absolutely superb and was above and beyond the call of duty!
The cons? Well, I had dinner in the restaurant the first night I was here and I thought the prices were very high, especially for the drinks at $15 for a soft drink! i ended up having a Char Kway Teoh at $20 which was OK but the meat was tasteless and the noodles tasty so obviously, the chef never mixed them while it was in the frying pan!
The breakfast is OK with the ice cream and cream puffs particularly yummy!
The room was S$290 as this was a conference price and as per my heading, comparitively OK as the Singapore hotels are veyr expensive! The ones I usually stay at here, Shangri-La, St. Regis and Sheraton Towers were all over S$500 and I could never justify that to our beanies!
Service is friendly and the conference morning and afternoon teas were great!
So, recommended or not? It's in a good location and you get what you pay for! Would I stay here again? Depends on the tariff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Orchard Road, Singapore's popular entertainment and shopping district, Hilton Singapore is close to both ION Orchard and Takashimaya shopping centers. This award-winning Singapore hotel is a convenient 20-minute drive from Singapore Changi International Airport and close to Singapore's popular attractions. Try the Opus Bar & Grill's prime-cuts that are dry aged in-house for 14 to 36 days and grilled over an open-flame charcoal grill, or sip on a cocktail inspired by Asian food at the bar. For authentic Italian cuisine, il Cielo is known for its high culinary standards using organic produce. Perched on the 24th floor of the hotel, the Sky Bar is the perfect oasis to relax over drinks while taking in sunset views of the city. Revitalize with an organic juice and healthy lunch from the Glow Juice Bar and Cafe. For the sweet-toothed ones, the D9 Cakery offers an impressive six-meter showcase of delicious cakes, pastries and more. Enjoy shopping in luxury boutiques without leaving the hotel in the Shopping Gallery. Stay active during your stay at this Singapore hotel. Swim laps in the rooftop pool, work out in the fully equipped fitness center or indulge in rejuvenating beauty treatments. Make business easy at the Hilton Singapore hotel. Stay connected with colleagues and catch up with work with contemporary business amenities and secretarial services. Hold business meetings or conferences in our versatile meeting rooms accommodating 18-550 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Hilton International Singapore
- Singapore Hilton International