3,174 results
All reviews the executive lounge orchard road diamond member rooftop pool ion orchard business trip breakfast buffet an upgrade location is excellent late check mrt station shopping gym concierge shoppers renovation taxis
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Location of hotel is good. Beds are large. Very rundown bathroom till I was wondering what's the star rating of the hotel. usually Hilton is 3.5-4 star in the US, but in Asia, it's usually 5. Very far from the 5 star rating considering the state of the bathroom, Very difficult to get taxis there. Most of the time, it's only available when someone's coming in to the hotel, so it's usually a long wait or the attendant would just call for a taxi and we have to pay the 'on call charges' which would add an extra 30-50% to our taxi charges if our trip is not far. We had a very interesting attendant when we tried to get a taxi to the airport, he looked so bored and just put up his arm once or twice lifelessly as if hailing for a taxi from near the steps of the lobby which is at least 12 meters away from the road.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear Ep65,

Thank you for your review of Hilton Singapore, I am disappointed that your recent experience fell below your expectations.

Your comments regarding our Bellhop service has been duly noted and we have since addressed this to our team members. We continue to work hard to ensure that all our guests receive the warm and attentive service and hospitality at all times.

Do stay with us again in the future, you can be assured that we will do our utmost to deliver the quality experience that our guests expect of the Hilton brand. Thanks again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

It's an average business hotel starting to look and feel a bit dated in the rooms. Check in wasn't super quick and when I got to the room after a long journey I really just fancied a cold beer and so was annoyed to find the mini-bar unstocked with a little note telling me I would have to call to get it stocked. Phoned up and was initially told there would be a $6 delivery fee on querying it I was told this would not apply to putting beers in the fridge. About half an hour later the beers arrived but they were warm and so would need several hours to cool down. I can understand having the mini-bar unstocked but surely it is not beyond the wit of man to have a standby by pre-cooled set of drinks?

Also, my pet peeve. You had to PAY FOR WIFI. Come on.. it's Singapore in 2018...

Breakfast was above average.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear cfmonk,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Hilton Singapore, we appreciate hearing back from all our guests.

Whilst we are glad that our breakfast buffet spread was a positive element to your stay, we sincerely apologise for the miscommunication of the minibar delivery fee and are reviewing our processes to ensure all our team members carry out requests efficiently. With regard to WiFi access, all Hilton Honors members receive complimentary WiFi during their stay and enrolling into the programme is free. Once you are a member, you may take advantage of all exclusive promotions and benefits with Hilton Worldwide.

We hope that there would be another opportunity to deliver a better stay experience to you in the future. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We actually stayed here in March 2017 but didn't realise we hadn't submitted a review. We stayed here for 3 nights. Location was excellent. We actually ate at a local food mall directly across the road which had some amazing food. There's also many English chains like Jamie Oliver etc round the corner, although these weren't halal. There's lots of shopping malls on that road. The room was very good with excellent amenities. Toiletries with Peter Roth toiletries. They left us a beautiful bouquet of flowers for our wedding anniversary and a selection of nice chocolates.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear rizer007,

My team and I are delighted that your stay from last year remains fresh in your memory. Thank you for your generous review and for letting us know what highlighted your Hilton Singapore experience. We look forward to welcoming you back for more anniversary celebrations.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

A few days before checking in, you may receive an email offering Add-ons, including a High Floor Location and Orchard Road View. These sound like upgrades, but you just end up paying for nothing.

I was allocated the 13th floor. Rooms only go from the 7th-22nd, so half way would be the 14th or 15th floor, so my "High Floor Location" upgrade didn't even get me to the half-way point.

Any my "Orchard Road View" was just an ugly building across the road. From the rooftop pool, the view over the gardens on the other side looked much nicer.

When I commented about this on check out they did agree to refund the "Orchard Road View", but insisted that I had the highest floor for my room category and so I had to pay it. Not worth the money.

One night I wanted to order room service, so I used the in-room dining menu. These prices are only available in-room, but they come with a very hard to find $7 delivery fee. When I asked where I can purchase the food at that price without the delivery fee they told me that it was a health and safety requirement to pay the $7 delivery fee, on top of the already over-priced food (and before the service charge). A $34 burger becomes $45. McDonald's is next door.

Also annoying - house cleaning knocked on my door and asked if they could clean the room. I said yes, and went for a swim. When I returned over 45 min later, the room hadn't been cleaned. When I called house keeping, they said that it would be cleaned immediately, so I went to lunch. Nearly an hour later, the cleaner was in my room, playing with his mobile phone and the room still wasn't finished.

Overall - the room was nice. Obviously an old room which some renovation, the bathroom felt old, and only has a shower over the bath rather than separate. Toilet seat was thin and a bit sharp to sit on.

There are no change rooms at the Pool or Gym, so you have to walk around the hotel in your swimmers.

Room tip: Don't pay for any extras.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear bradhall71,

I am sorry to read of your less than satisfactory experience at Hilton Singapore. Please be assured that your feedback helps us to focus on what is important to our guests and we are taking steps to review all the points you have brought up.

Our Housekeeping team apologises for the service shortfall and inconvenience during your stay. With regard to the S$6 delivery fee for in-room dining, all our guests will find this printed clearly in the menu alongside Service Charge and GST charges.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we sincerely hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Singapore.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I really fall short of words to describe the level of opulence that Hilton Singapore has to offer.do visit this amazing and truly hospitable hotel.The staff is super attentive and take care of everything.i would recommend this place very highly both for work or leisure

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear sharjeelcool,

We are truly heartened by your generous compliments to our team members, who were integral to your memorable experience at Hilton Singapore. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.