Hotel Miramar
US$314
US$203
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$163
Wangz Hotel(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$127
Agoda.com
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$157
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
US$409
US$243
  • Pool
Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$94
US$120
US$83
Hotel G Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$90
Hotels.com
US$151
US$127
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
1,007 results
All reviewsclarke quayhop on hop off bussingapore airlinessingapore rivernon smoking roomriver viewstopover hotelnight stopoverorchard roadhospitality roomstayed here for nightsfrom australiaa free shuttle busbars and restaurantsgood sizetravel agentminute walk
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The Miramar is a very good value hotel if you need to simply wash and sleep well when in Singapore for a short stopover. We liked the location, very close to the hub bub of Robertson and Clarke Quay and we enjoyed the 15-20 minute walk to the MRT. Note that you could also hop on the river cruise at the Clarke Quay stop off ( only a 10 minute walk from the Miramar ) and cruise to Marina Bay and other riverside attractions.
We were given a late check out at no extra charge ( without requesting it ) because we booked via Singapore Stopover Holidays ( very efficient ) and this was a great surprise and very much appreciated. Thankyou. We slept well in our river view room, waking refreshed to enjoy our planned sightseeing. The staff at this hotel were very nice and made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: River view upper floors best
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dotty P
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Miramar in November 2011 on a 3-day stopover in Singapore. Hotel was reasonably priced, and accommodation comfortable. Older hotel, but has everything you need. We were very happy with the location and price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nikkel58
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The Miramar is a bit pricy but this was a return visit and when you know the standard you can expect, I chose it. This is away from the centre and quieter. Although on a busy main road, there was no traffic noise. Clarke Quay is about a 20 minute stroll along the riverbank - very pleasant. I arived after midnight, greeted by pleasant staff and a very quick check-in. My room was very large, pleasant and equipped with fridge, coffee maker and room safe. Buffet breakfast was not included for me, and offered a good range of Asian and European foods. I did not like their very strong coffee and have receivd a written apology from the manager saying they will consider changing their coffee brand. Singapore is a good stop-over point when flying from Australia to England and I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for river view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank female-tourist
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Miramar for one weekend when we were in Singapore. The hotel is very reasonable for this type of hotels. The room is not fancy, but it is comfy and has sufficient amenities. I would have to say the shower is very good. If you're looking for a luxury hotel, then this is not for you. However if you're looking for a place to rest while exploring Singapore then this is the one for you considering how pricey all Singapore hotels are.

It is also located near Clarke Quay where there are some restaurants and bars. If not Orchard Road is a 5 min cab ride away. A note to those who are driving, the hotel offers free parking to guests. Just ask for the voucher when you check out.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ytravel18
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed at the Miramar for a short getaway as part of a package from Escape Travel. I paid $200 a night but stayed 4 nights for the price of three.

Pros: -most of the staff were very friendly (except for one tour booking person who was really quite rude and one bellman who couldn't care less)
-most bell staff and desk personnel were very efficient
-they let me check in very early after an early am arrival...with no extra charge
-there is a shower and change room you can use free if you have a late flight
-there is a mall within ten minutes' walking distance

Cons:
-The 'deluxe' rooms are definitely not four-star, as the Miramar bills itself (although I understand the 'premium' rooms are a bit better)-the rooms are worn around the edges and in need of some renovations
-the housekeeping was so-so (note to staff--you need to clean under the rim of the toilet bowl too...eww)
-despite what some others have said, this place is not that central...it is not that close to any major points of interest. It is a hike to get anywhere on foot, and there is no MRT station nearby. There is a bus station outside the door of the hotel, but if you don't already know your way around it is a bit of a chore to figure out.
-i asked for a late check out as I was going on a tour all morning, and they said the best they could do was one extra hour...for a charge.

All up, although the Miramar definitely has its drawbacks, there is a pretty good vibe here and some of the staff were outstanding. If it had some upgrading and the prices were just a bit lower, I would stay here again. Now that I know the lay of the land though, I will probably be looking for a more modern, more central hotel the next time I come to Singapore.

Grade: C+

Room Tip: I heard the premier rooms are better than the deluxe rooms (which are a bit of a misnomer)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo