All reviews lavender mrt sharing room hostel bedroom wifi toilet hangers receptionist
Reviewed January 30, 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for an affordable hostel or bnb during your trip in Singapore, this place should be on top of your list. The location is really near with Lavender station which is behind of the station and you can reach it about two minutes by walking from there. In addition, if shopping at Mustafa center or chilling out around Bugis street (recommended place to buy affordable souvenirs) listed in your itinerary, then staying here would fit you more. The only cons is only the way of the staffs direct or guide you to something you need, they seemed a bit rude when talking, but never get offended because they don't mean to, it's the way they talk to others. Because, I found them really helpful when I was about to miss my flight back home by giving me a good advise to tackle it. Lastly it's nice and clean place to stay!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2016 via mobile

Only good point is the location to the very good MRT. The staff are very rude. There was no hot water in showers on floor 3. Complaint was made it was not fixed. The no shoes rule is a pain. You have to walk several floors to use hot shower, the toilets are soaking wet no matter what time of day you need to use it and no towel is provided to be able to dry your feet after walking around the hostel (you can rent a towel for S$3). I was caught wearing shoes by staff. I was walking through the common room. He told me no shoes because people sleep here. I was confused because we were in the common room. Basically they overbook the dorms and when they do so they put mattresses on the floor of the common room (you have to walk through here to locate anything on each floor) for people to sleep! This is disgusting! Another point is that the noise is unbelievable as other guests are NOT encouraged to be courteous. We were put in a small room on floor 3 in between the kitchen and bathrooms so were kept awake until after 1 with people outside the room talking and singing when getting ready for bed. Then were awoken from before 6 when people started getting ready and making breakfast. We actually lost 2 afternoons of our trip as we had to return to the hostel to sleep while it was a bit quieter because we were so tired! There were so many children about as it appears the dorms get rented out to families (this is definitely not a backpackers hostel) so there are doors constantly banging, conversations across the whole floor and kids running around playing. Breakfast is just tea/coffee and toast which would be fine if the toaster was provided. I had to hunt it out and found it in a cupboard on floor 2. Nobody else had bothered looking so just ate bread for breakfast?! The wifi is unbelievably awful! The free wifi in Singapore airport is far superior! If you need wifi for business, booking onwards travel or accommodation etc like we did then do all this before you get here. We did make a complaint and were told they would reset the router but it did not improve. There are lots of eating places (but no drinking) in this area, that's about the only positive thing I can think to say about our stay here. Just go somewhere else.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed December 1, 2015

if you read those review regarding shoes must off , why complaint? this hotel try to keep the place clean. thats common sense rite?, second this hotel serve u breakfast bread,coffee tea,can't complain rite this is good , i mean why do u expect? pancake,steak,baked salmon,room service? no no you miss the whole point . this is value affordable yet very DECENT Hotel!. third the staff. i don't know them including the owner, but then the day before i left.. they're all my friend, the bought me cake, and sing together. it is true blessings for me.. Thank you. i hope visit you guys again sometimes in the future.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank kurtcbn
Reviewed November 22, 2015 via mobile

The best parts are that it's close to lavender MTR and good free wifi.

However this place has much work to do to make it a positive customer experience.

Firstly the staff get really angry when you don't take your shoes off (which was hard for me since I injured my foot and found it difficult to take my shoes off and on frequently).

Secondly it says that it includes free breakfast which is basically just pieces of bread and spreads. The staff yelled at us after we pulled the toaster off the shelf and used it. Don't understand why that was a massive big deal for them.

Thirdly after checking out at 12pm we were told rudely again that we weren't allowed to chill in the common area. Never stayed in such accommodation that doesn't allow you to remain in the common room after check out.

Fourthly couldn't get any peace and quiet because there were heaps of kids running around everywhere making loud noises till 9pm then from 7am in the morning.

I'm generally pretty easy going with the quality of accommodation, but there was too many things wrong with this place that I had to write a review.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jordan W
Reviewed November 16, 2015

They make you leave your shoes on their common shoe rack outside and must walk barefoot inside the entire room even in the kitchen, bathroom and comfort room which is common. I brought with me clean slippers which I wore inside but was reprimanded for using. Despite my polite explanation that my slippers were clean, I was shown the kitchen door for me to leave it there and that I have to walk barefoot inside. I was a little disappointed but rules are rules for Gusti Bread and Breakfast. If I had known, I wouldn't have booked here because I am very particular with where my feet steps on. Rooms have no individual toilet, has a small mirror. The reception area is dark. On th good side there was Free wifi, landline, bag drop but just at the common reception area with no safety guard or safety chain and Toilet was kept clean but because of the other borders, we have to line up and wait for our turn to use the one toilet in the 2nd floor and one bath and when it's your turn its used and who knows what fell on the floor be it body fluids or what! But sadly you have to face it with your bare feet! Saddest day of my entire life. Breakfast is self service: bread, powder coffee sugar and creamer, some jam and Lipton tea. Would I come back? NO. Not my style of lodging. We should've researched more on the place but for backpackers and travelers on a budget, you might want to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family