“It lives up to the hype, and then some!”
Review of The Curry Culture

The Curry Culture
Ranked #30 of 12,644 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$30 - US$45
Cuisines: Indian, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Description: The Curry Culture, our humble ode to the ancient forms and culture of India, is one of Singapore’s best-kept secrets. Passion for traditional Indian cuisine, guest service and life is the best way to describe the Curry Culture experience. The Curry Culture offers a sophisticated Indian fine dining experience with effortlessly charming staff, discreet service and authentic Indian cuisine. A classic combination of the new India, where the traditional and the modern co-exist, authentic Indian food in a relaxed atmosphere and modern setting, without compromising on the traditional values of Indian cuisine and service. In a world that is on the go – 24×7- the Curry Culture offers a brief respite with it’s charming alfresco and indoor dining spaces for a memorable dining experience, where one can catch up with friends, family and work colleagues without the stress of daily life.
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

Well, I often wonder if a place with so many good reviews, and inside the top 20, within walking distance, dare I say, a stones throw from our hotel, lives up to the great reputation.
I must say, yes, Curry Culture emphatically does! I don’t usually write a review so soon after eating, but this is really worth the credit.
The service was exemplary, not hassling, but advisory and there when required, always without exception.
Drinks were served almost immediately, and popadoms with relishes brought out without asking.
Starters were great, including a complimentary taster of the specialty dish, which I cannot recall the name, but was very tasty.
Mains were delivered to perfection, and the Butter chicken had my daughter raving that this was the best curry that she’d ever tasted. But at 16, some could be forgiven in thinking that a little over the top, but alas, I had to agree with her. This was the best I’d tasted too. My wife’s prawn dish was very full of flavours, and excellent too, as was the Aloo Gobi and accompanying Naan breads, Pilau rice and paratha.
If I had to say, or suggest any minor improvement, then I’d recommend perhaps the use of cloth serviettes or napkins.
Overall, I have to rate this as one of the best restaurants that I’ve visited in the past several years, and my wife and daughter would agree.
It is perhaps slightly more expensive that the average, but well worth it.
I’d recommend arriving before the end of happy hour, so you can have a drink before eating, whilst reviewing the extensive menu.
If someone can say for sure that there are 10 better restaurants in Singapore, then I’d be amazed, and I would wish to visit one of those tomorrow or Thursday, so please message me ASAP.

Date of visit: February 2018
SandeepSachar, Owner at The Curry Culture, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Dear bjmXI

Greetings from the Curry Culture

Sir, a pleasure to read your feedback - Sir to be honest , we did not set out to be the best or get the hyperbole or hype ( wouldn't deny it helps though) rather we set out to be a simple place with real authentic Indian cuisine,, genuine smiling service and guests who were as passionate as us about their food - the rest as they say is history .

Sir , yes, sometimes the hype does get us as well but as I have mentioned before , we would rather focus on doing the things that we can do , right, and not worry about things like ratings , hype etc that is actually not in our control :):)

But , yes , very blessed to have passionate teams who enjoy their work and put in the hard work , be it our cuisine or our service and I guess that is what really comes across- aline that I frequently use now - " in the pursuit of excellence" :):)

Sir , have a huge respect for the opinion of teenagers ( I have one and the other is on the way) and if your sixteen year old says the butter chicken is the best , so be it

Look forward to your next visit

Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

One of the best Indian restaurants I’ve ever been to. The food is damn close to perfect, the staff is friendly and very professional. The price is on the higher side, but you get what you pay for, and Curry Culture is worth every cent.

Dear JeremyJohns

Greetings from the Curry Culture

Sir , a pleasure and I think you give us far too much credit :):) accepted with pleasure though. Don't think we ,ever, really set out to cook perfect food , I think the idea has always been to serve real authentic Indian food , but I get what you are saying :):)

Sir , I think the key for us and I have mentioned this before as well , is that from day 1, we like to cook the kind of food that we like to eat , it is not influenced by commercial factors of who would like what and I think we have , by and large stayed true to our ethos being as genuine as we can , on our cuisine and Guest service and It is an amazing feeling when you truly follow passion and it is reciprocated equally back - the love and respect that we get from almost all our diners is truly a blessing and validation of our passion as a team .

Absolutely look forward to your next visit whenever you are in these parts of the woods again

Reviewed February 12, 2018

Thanks to Trip Advisor we discovered the Curry Culture during a recent stopover in Singapore. Incredible Indian food and an excellent host, we will be sure to visit here every time we return to Singapore.

Lovely samoosa starters, fantastic butter chicken, and a lamb vindaloo to blow your socks off. Can't wait to go back and try more of the menu.

Date of visit: January 2018

Dear millerslocal,

Greetings from the Curry Culture

Sir/Mam, a pleasure and very happy that we were able to live upto/exceed your expectations :). Have huge respect for trip advisor as a forum , I think it is one of the fairest feedback forums and it is such a pleasure to be able to live to the standards that we have set for ourselves over the years , be it our cuisine or our service .

Given the nature of the business, we do understand that we may not be able please everyone ( we are human as well:):)) , but I think the one thing that we do very well is try to better the things that our in our control and I think , in life that is what matters isn't it? To be able to control the processes that you can and let go of all the external influences:)

Absolutely look forward to your next visit , now that you have had your goto dishes , maybe we can try some of the curries that are bit of the charts:):)

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Years apart - months apart - days apart always a five Star meal Lunch or dinner

Owner operator has his finger on the pulse of this friendly flavoursome Indian restaurant.

This Indian restaurant is a destination and a must to try I guarantee you will be back .
This trip we enjoyed dinner and lunch before our flight .

Dinner Vegetarian Punjabi Samosa Lamb Korma Pudina Parantha ( mint ) Kashmiri Pulao Pilaf Cumcumber Raita Black Dahl

Lunch Butter Chicken yellow Dahl Kashmiri Pulao pilaf Pudina Parantha (mint ) cucumbers.

Awesome wine list which is a rarity in Singapore
Saint Clair Sauvignon Blanc by the glass
Cloudy Bay (bottle ) red or white .

Impeccable service even she the owner is not around .

Thanks Sundeep will be sure to pop in hopefully in June .

Dear Kester O

Greetings from the Curry Culture

Mam, apologies for the delayed response , got busy:)- Such a pleasure to have met up with you again- there is , honestly. no better feeling than this - you remembered us even after a dinner that you had 3 years ago and the compliment does not get any higher :)
Mam, it has been a wonderful journey for us , as a team, and from when you dined with us previously , we have opened 2 more restaurants and , trust me , we are enjoying the ride

Mam, I think the basic ethos for us has been the same through out- authentic Indian cuisine and genuine service from the heart and I think , immensely blessed that this thought resonates with so many of our guests and I think that makes the difference . The love and respect that we get is truly a blessing

Absolutely look forward to your visit in june . Just drop me a line at sandeep@thecurryculture.com.sg

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food. We ate tikka masala, butter chicken, two mango lassis and shared one rice and one naan bread. Whole set cost nearly 100 dollars so bit pricey for main course, bread and drinks. Although food was best we ate in Singapore so that compensates prices. Service was good.

1  Thank 795pekkam
SandeepSachar, Owner at The Curry Culture, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Dear 795pekkam

Greetings from the Curry Culture

Sir/Mam , a pleasure - Singapore is a melting pot of cultures and cuisines with a huge choice of excellent dining places - for you to rate us as your best meal is a very very high compliment :) :) thank you

To be honest , yes, we are not cheap ( as in little India pricing ) but dont think we are overly pricey as well - i do think that we do offer a great " value for money" dining experience:)$40- 50 is pretty much par for the course in any decent restaurant in Singapore .Sir, i think what has really held us in good stead over the years is our commitment to maintaining the standards that we set for ourselves without compromise ; we might falter at times but i do think that we have set a high bar for trying to bring quality to the table - be it our ingredients, our food or our service, and yes , i do believe that genuine quality does come at a bit of cost:):)

Very happy that we were able to dish up a memorable meal for you and absolutely look forward to to your next visit whenever you are in these parts of the woods again