“Very nice”

Ranked #42 of 864 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The stunning colors of the plants and rock formations in the Chinese Garden contrast with the thought-provoking Japanese Garden.
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We have been to Singapore many times but not been to these gardens before.
Today we caught the MRT on our line to the gardens
Get off at the train stop " Chinese Gardens"
I love the culture , the buildings history etc and this was a bit of a fix for me
There were some nice pergoda's lakes statues gardens and Lakes
We wondered around for about 2 hours but you could spend much more there.
There is a cafe and a couple of places to get a cool drink
We really liked it enjoyed the gardens and the buildings

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"turtles"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We read about these gardens in a travel article before coming to Singapore and decided to take the MRT for a visit. They are right by the Chinese Garden MRT station and are well worth a visit. They are situated on a lake and if you are lucky you can see turtles and tortoises. The pagoda is beautiful and the warrior statues interesting. The stand out for us was the Bonsai Garden. Be aware there are no refreshments in the gardens so take water. The gardens are free.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I love this garden. I first spotted it as a bit of a surprise travelling on the green line to Raffles Marina. The beautiful traditional tower rising up behind the green rolling hills and trees. When I got to visit I found a beautiful, sprawling ornamental garden which was so peaceful and beautiful. The gate by the tower has some vending refreshments on a hot day and there are plenty of city bikes if you prefer to ride. It is such a lovely place to relax and quite the mind. Each area is a bit different and the statues are enchanting. I went on a mixed day where there weather started out nice and then there was a monsoon. In the flooded river I even saw a croc!!!!!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Well another day in Singapore and we have just arrived back to our hotel after another day walking around and seeing such a wonderful sight in the Chinese and Japanese gardens, such a beautiful area to sit and relax and let all your worries pass you by. This is another must do while you are staying in Singapore. Just get the green line MRT to the Chinese Gardens, it’s right at the station with a short walk to the front gate. No payments to enter, and do it at your own speed. DON’T get a tour, you don’t need to. Wonderful day. 10/10.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I came here just because i was looking something new in singapore (this is my 5th time in sg). Went by mrt, chinese garden mrt station. When we got out of the station it was all greenyard so peaceful except theres cricket game but overall it was nice, when we arrived at the front of the gate, we could see the pagoda, and i was like “this is no singapore at all” i felt like i was in some other east country. Strolling around and took some pictures and it was relaxing.