“If you want peace and tranquillity this is fab! Or family gathering perfect”

Chinese and Japanese Gardens
Ranked #48 of 906 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The stunning colors of the plants and rock formations in the Chinese Garden contrast with the thought-provoking Japanese Garden.
Reviewed November 3, 2017

This place only fund via research. We had spend the day at the bird park and it was late afternoon before we made it here. We walked around part of the Japanese Gardens and I automatically fell in love. Our experiences in Singapore were all rushed and jammed packed to cram it all in, but when I was here, I automatically felt Zen. I really wished I had more time here and it had s much to offer. Word of advise for those wishing to use the toilets, take toilet paper and be warned, the ones I used, the door was so close to you, that my knees hit the door.. Please note I am a short person. If I am in Singapore ever again. I will make this a must and be spending a lot more time here. Walking distance from train station too. BTW, its FREE!!

All reviews
"free entry"
in 11 reviews
"beautiful scenery"

Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Started the day with a trip on the MRT (train) and cab to Chinese Gardens. The gardens are interesting but very large. The Live Turtle and Tortoise Museum was a disgrace.
$5:00 entry to see animals in tanks with no water, huddled at rear of fibreglass boxes trying to get out of the sun and heat. Recommend you do not take children to see this, focus on rest of gardens.
Japanese Gardens, wow those Bonsai are so old and grand. Only complaint, need signs pointing to exit of grounds.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

Catch the East West (green) line to Jurong East. On one side of the station is the garden, on the other side are two(!) shopping malls. These gardens were lovely, though we spent most of our time in the beautiful Japanese garden so didn't get to explore much of the Chinese garden. We saw little lizards, monitor lizards, turtles, and hermit crabs. I climbed the tower – it was hot but worth it for the view from the top, and the photo looking down the spiral staircase. There's a nice breeze at every level's balcony. (Once you have finished in the gardens, or before you go there, head to the first mall and up to the food court on Level 5. There is a tiny Thai place that do the yummiest Pad Thai I have ever eaten.)

Reviewed October 23, 2017

Just opposite the MRT station, the first thing you notice is the beautiful padoga. A lovely place to sit and relax, walk around the lake and admire the warrior statues. Ther are no refeshments available apart from a vending machine, so take plenty of water or buy nearby. Best of all it's free