All reviews aljunied mrt station geylang district minute walk budget hotels cheap food mini fridge flat screen tv close to the airport lobby area local food rooms are small very pleasant stay front office superior room prostitution sgd toothbrushes
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We have been to Singapore 3 times but this is the first place we would actually recommend! It’s only a 15 minute walk from the Metro station and close to a 7/11 supermarket as well as a few good Chinese eateries. The room was “compact and beaujout” should we say but it had everything we needed; a good shower, TV, comfortable bed with duvet and good wi-fi so we were super happy to chill here after a day sightseeing.

The price is good, it's quiet, the location is good - what more could you ask for??

Next time we visit Singapore, we are definitely staying here and will recommend it to our friends.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angie B
CustomerCare_Azmi, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 81 - Star, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Dear Angie B,

Greetings from Hotel 81 Star. Thank you for your kind review. We hope to have the oppotunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

Value for money. The beds are comfortable, aircon is strong, wifi is strong. No restaurants within hotel but there are a lot of affordable local restaurants and fast food nearby. Not along the bus line, you have to walk for 3-5 minutes. The MRT is 10-15 mins away. Along the red light district but its actually very quiet. It's not like the streets in Bangkok with women along the street, nope. I didn't even notice those were brothels coz there were no women around.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Shugarmarie

Dear Shugarmarie,

Greetings from Hotel 81 Star. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us. We are glad our strategic location has managed to serve you well.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

everything is really excellent except for the front office staff. I checked in on the 6th of March around 8pm. really tired due to delay flight and all I want is a bed for me to lay down. ok nvm. when I was going to check in, this F.O guy named (raihan, not sure), give me a face and expression like I owed him a million dollars? with his unsatisfied tone of voice "check in?" seriously?? and then the next guy beside him also look moody and a bit unsatisfied of working. hello?!?! if you got no intention of working as a service staff,then I suggest you work in the back office. with no greetings I don't mind but why cannot give a smile? coming to enjoy services but what I got is "this" service? if you got your personal problem or whatsoever please don't bring it to work or to your guest!!!!! TQVM

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShirleyLXY
CustomerCare_Azmi, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 81 - Star, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Dear ShirleyLXY,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

We were disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience, we certainly empathise regarding the points you've mentioned in your review especially the poor service you had received. The level of service is certainly not acceptable and will be addressed with the concerned party. We hope this isolated incident will not mar your impression of us.

Reviewed March 10, 2018

The hotel is fine in some sort but it is located near the "red light" district. Unless you really want to enjoy that, I suggest avoiding book here!
I also asked if I can store one of my luggage at the hotel for couple days, and they asked for money for doing that!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CustomerCare_Azmi, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 81 - Star, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Dear Pedram E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we always take feedback on board as it is the only way to ensure we are delivering an excellent service to our customers.

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

We stay there for 3days and 3nights.
Room is not very spacious but is was vrry clean and smell so good!

From the check in process it was very smooth and very easy, no need to wait for long time.
Staff are very helpful, they expalin well what to do.
They let us borrowed the adaptor as we forget to bring. free of charge.

Only one thing, we put the sign to clean up the room on our second day, but fortunately they dont clean.

Overall stay is awesome.
Definitely will come back and recommend the Hotel to others.

Thank you.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 31Rich
CustomerCare_Azmi, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 81 - Star, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

Dear 31Rich,

Greetings from Hotel 81 Star. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're glad our service has made your stay memorable.

With regards,