Lowest prices for your stay
C$194
Hotels.com
C$205
Fully refundable before Thu, Apr 25
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Made my booking through Agoda on the last minute, with consideration of the location. The Location of this hotel is truly convenient, very close to the Chinatown MRT station Exit E, very easy access to explore the city. The surrounding neighborhood has everything you are looking for: cheap meal, convenient store, shops etc. everything are just a stone throw away from the doorstep.
I would consider that this hotel is a hassle free hotel, upon check in all the formalities were done in a breeze. The hotel doesnt provide breakfast or dining restaurant, but who would need it anyway, you can find lots of eating place nearby.
The room, I might say so small indeed, very cramped, but if you came to Singapore on a simple sightseeing basis, it was very enough. The hall way smells of cigarette, but overall this hotel is clean. My advise if you choose this hotel, dont bother to bring big heavy suitcases, just travel light, the space is too small even to open your personal luggage, once you open you suitcase, it would be nearly impossible to open both the bathroom door and the room door. Absolutely not recommended for those who have phobia to small places. Luckily I got a room with windows, but since it was not openable and based on the very tiny size of the room, It was only helped a very little bit to ease the cramped feels.
My room price comes with free wifi, all you have to do is asked the front desk for userid and password, every day, because they are lasted only for 1 day. Compared to the other hotel 81, this one a little bit pricey, but based on Singapore's standard, the location,the access and the cleanliness, I think I really get what I paid for. If you're up to full sightseeing/ budget wise business trip, with literary very small shopping, this absolutely the right budget choice.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank sahattuap
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Never had such a bad experience: pay cash and in advance! No receipt! No change money! The check-in start at 2 p.m. and if you arrive earlier, you have to pay 15 Sd each hour! The room is so small, you cannot literally walk around the bed. No wardrobe in room. Shower without any curtains around, so the bath become a mess after use. And EXPENSIVE.Why go there?

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank tonicopo
Reviewed May 5, 2012

This hotel is typical of budget hotels in Singapore with small rooms and no windows at all. I requested one with window. We were given a small room with window that can't be opened and even covered with pieceof wood. There is not much space to move around. The toilet is likewise small. Toilet bowl and shower next to each other. Water from the shower spills all over the floor. Quite expensive for the size. Reception desk staff are fairly ok. But one thing good on this hotel is its location. We stayed here a week before Chinese New Year. The greets surrounding the hotel are all dressed up with Chinese lanterns and decors. The area looked vibrant with red colors all over. The hotel is also a minute-walk from the Chinatown MRT station. Convenient indeed to go in and around the city. Within the hotel area are many food stalls serving dishes till the wee hours. Night market is a plus for this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Chloe27_12
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Made last minute reservations here. Good thing they had vacancies despite an international convention in Singapore. it is very near Chinatown. Wifi is ok but a pass issued expires in 24 hours which means u have to go down to the lobby to get another pass. Our room was at the 5th floor but the elevator is only up to the 4th floor so this might prove inconvenient to those not up to climbing two flights. Those at the Front Desk, especially Maricar, were warm and accommodating. :)

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank SindanganBossy
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I had to make a last minute reservation for Singapore and this was one of the convenient hotels considering the prices and location. However, the room was tiny, didn't have a window, and as it was a smoking room had a heavy smell of smoke (I don't smoke by the way). Although I have read some bad comments about the hotel before and somehow tried to prepare myself for it, my 2 nights there were terrible, and if you didn't stay before at a windowless room I don't recommend it at all. Even if you want to save money, stay at a lower quality hotel but not at a windowless one, after some time you feel suicidal. Apart from it, the location of the hotel is very close to the subway station (5 minute walk) and don't feel intimidated by the location of it because Chinatown is beautiful. Although I have before read some comments on it, the hotel staff was very helpful and I didn't experience any bad attitude. Overall, it was a poor, if not terrible, experience for me, but if you can have a room with a window, yours can be just better.

Room tip: Prefer rooms with a window.
Date of stay: February 2012