“A bit pepper”

Founder Bak Kut Teh
Ranked #785 of 12,079 Restaurants in Singapore
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Personally for me it's a bit pepper but my friends say it's really flavorful. I ask the staff to make it less pepper but they have forgot.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

It is a bit love hate relationship with this bkt.
Haters will say this pepper water.
Lovers will say this is most flavorful soup they ever taste.
Personally I find it ok. The pepper might be overwhelming at times.
So let the fans decide

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner in the founder bak kut tehand all o can say is that this is the best bak kut teh in the whole of Singapore.

Place is clean and crowded during peak hours but food taste so delicious. Staff are friendly and attentive.

Not to be missed when you’re in Singapore

Reviewed March 13, 2018

If you like Bak Kut Teh or if you want to try local food, you should try it! We ordered the Founder and Popularity Bak Kut, Tau pok which look like tofu with a lot of soysauce, you tiao (dough fritters), vermicelli noodle and salted vegetable.

The Bak Kut taste good and better than other bak kut I've ever ate and you can ask the waiter to refill the soup (The soup taste a lot "peppery" so if you don't like pepper maybe you should avoid drinking too much)

The Tau Pok is really nice, I like the taste of the tofu and it's surprisingly not sweet at all.

The salted vegetable is a nice add on to eat with your rice/in my case is my vermicelli noodle

If you are a fans of noodle, you should order the vermicelli noodles. It came with the same soup with the bak kut.

The thing is, I came around 6.30 PM because it opens 6PM - 2AM for dinner time and the premium ribs and the premium short ribs were out of stocks. Too bad. Maybe next time I'll try it again

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

it is located in neighbors. I brought my parents from Korea and they said it is not bad but too peppery.
But worth trying? best among bak ku teh