All reviewsbudget hotelbus servicebalestier roadfront desk staffvisit singaporeroom was cleanmrt stationstoiletconvenience
Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is really good and higine and available at affordable price, with good Wi-Fi connectivity. The staff in this Hotel is really good,polite and friendly nature. Hotel maintains higine and neatness of its guest room every day . How ever this hotel should have included a dining hall for breakfast for guest which is the only thing missing "No Break Fast". Rest coming to transportation you have a bus stop just 30 mtrs from the hotel.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
GlobalPremiumHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Fragrance Hotel - Rose, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2017

Dear Arun K,

In view of space constraints at the hotel site, there is no food and beverage establishment that caters breakfast to the hotel guests. However, the Balestier district is known as a food haven, where travellers can take a 300m walk to Whampoa Drive Food Centre or visit the many non-air-conditioned eateries lining along Balestier Road that offers a wide variety of local food. Alternatively, one can take a 350m stroll to Shaw Plaza Mall for fast food served at McDonald's and KFC.

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

Had a pleasant stay,comfortable and peaceful area.Was given a bad service by a frontdesk by the name of Nora during check in.She seems to be having a bad day i'll guess.Dear management kindly educate your staff to be more professional and courteous.However frontdesk by name of Sofia or Sofea...She was the one whom help me thru wif the checkout today and explain to me about the rates and etc...She made my day,Such a pleasant looking and helpful lady.Thank you Sofia/Sofea.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Greenledge_Girl
GlobalPremiumHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Fragrance Hotel - Rose, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2017

Dear Greenledge_Girl,

I had noted your feedback concerning your check in experience with the duty staff. I shall relay this matter to the Hotel Manager to conduct a review and provide the necessary briefing to the concern staff. Please accept my apology for this incident.

On the other hand, I am pleased to learn that you had enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

The overall stay was quite pleasant. The shower room is toooooo small and door knob is broken. However, the lack of speed for the wireless connectivity was a terrible experience!! Please improve it. Thanks

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ng Y
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

The staffs are very accomodating especially ate faith ang kuya ejay who assist us when our city tour is delayed. Though the room is small but we still manage to enjoy our stay in sinagpore. The hotel is also near bus stations, hawker centers and it is located near the city. I thnik the hotel is also affordable.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2016

It was my first experience in visiting Singapore and since I went with my family on tight budget I try to manage a hotel that worth its price. The hotel was 1.5km from Novena MRT Station and if you are carrying a lot of bags with you and a baby along, the road to the hotel will give you bad times especially if you are not familiar with the bus route. The bed was rock-hard, my wife and I was unable to rest and at the end of my trip I got a back pain. The service was good though.

As an overview: definitely not going back again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
GlobalPremiumHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Fragrance Hotel - Rose, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2016

Dear GalihSeno,

Well, bed mattress preference is very subjective and dependent on individuals. I am sorry to learn that you had found the bed hard, which is not to your preference.

As you are aware, while the hotel does not offer luxury comfort, it is a value-for-money accommodation choice for budget travellers. Should this be your main consideration when selecting a hotel, I hoped you will consider your stay with Fragrance Chain of Hotels again.