“Perfect place for family stay”

Lanson Place Winsland
Perth, Australia
“Perfect place for family stay”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Our 5 night stay in Lanson, proved that all other reviews are true - a very nice place indeed.

The room is very well maintained, all furniture are as new condition. If not for the carpet having couple of tiny stained spots, you'd have thought it was a newly opened hotel, everything is spotless clean. Laundry and kitchen are fully equipped. They even supply you with coffee beans for the coffee machine! In-room wifi is fantastic.

The reception staff is always helpful whenever whatever you ask. There was little confusion about the payment when we checked in, but the receptionist was very patient and explained several times (with smile all the time) till we all understood. Whatever we asked for, they will deliver to our room within 5 minutes.

Location is great, right next to Orchard Road, about 5 minutes walk to Somerset MRT station.

The only few couple of hiccups during our stay would be that:

1) We asked for extra quilt but got blanket instead because they ran out of quilt so we had to turn the air condition temperature up at night (but we won't complain about that as we had total 7 people staying in a 2-bedroom apartment which was supposed to accommodate up to 5)

2) Both toilets' flush were quite tricky, we had to push the handle down and hold it for few seconds to get the flush working properly. But we can see it is the product design, not so much a faulty issue.

Overall, we are all very happy with everything in Lanson. If we plan the next family gathering in Singapore again, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank teresahuang

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Nice friendly workers, spacious rooms(besides the 2nd one), a home away from home! As for myself, it's comparable to a 5 star Hotel thru certain aspects.. Very cool.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Blue_Vortex
Mumbai
Reviewed 30 June 2011

My family of five (3 adults +2 kids) stayed here between 26th May and 4th June 2011. The rooms were ready when we arrived and the staff extra helpful to provide us with all information about the sights and services around Singapore. The amenities were more than adequate.We could get the provision from across the streets.Above all the location right at the heart of Orchard street was the greatest advantage.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank angellahMumbai
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I was there recently with my children (2), my mom in law (trying to be a good son in law) and wife. Reserving the place was a breeze, especially they still my information on their database. I just wish they can find a way to take out the hassle of having to print their e mail, sign the form and fax / scan it back to them. That was a bit of a hassle.

upon arrival, I parked at the garage which was great as they had pre registered my autopass in. Checking was fantastic and took less than a minute. The staff welcomed us back warmly.

The room which we got this time however was a bit smaller compared to the last. I believe it was because of the configuration of the room which was different from the last. so everything felt a bit cramped. However, apartment was clean, neat and still as good as last time other than the room configuration.

Overall, had a pleasant stay. Checking was again a breeze. Am glad to have chosen Lanson - good in service, good in location.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Enjoystravelling
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We stayed in the Lanson Place for a total of 4 nights and 5 days and were extremely impressed with the residences in general. We traveled as a fairly large party, with a total of 10 adults, two of which were seniors, and 2 young children.

My wife and I stayed in one unit on the 5th floor together with our young son, and three other adult family members. The residences are nestled just off the end of Orchard Road, between Penang Road and Eber Road, which means you're close enough to the action, but far enough to avoid the noise. Even though there are 2 pubs located in the vicinity, they are fairly tame and we were never disturbed by any noise during our stay.

The residences are approximately 5 minutes walk away from the Somerset MRT underground station and 2 minutes walk to Orchard Road. There are a number of shopping complexes in the nearby area together with hawker food centres, convenience stores and super markets as well as food courts. There is a bus stop just under the residences on the Penang Road side and also a taxi stand near the junction of Penang Road and Kiliney Road. Our family agreed that the location was extremely good.

The residence itself was very clean and presentable, nothing too flashy, but still very new and smart. There are a number of facilities and amenities, but we used the pool located on the roof of the residences the most. The rooms are extremely big and spacious and fully-equipped. Our room had a fully-functional kitchen with a washing machine, diswasher, coffee maker as well as the standard kitchen appliances. The air conditioning was sufficient and overall the apartment was very cosy. The lounge has a large flat-screen TV with DVD player and cable TV services. The master bedroom had an en-suite bathroom with bath-tub while the guest bathroom had a shower. We found the kitchen particularly useful and impressive, as we needed to cook food for our young son. An English newspaper was delivered to the room every morning.

We were given key cards to the room, which are also used to operate the lifts and the front door after 11 p.m., so we were happy with the security arrangements of the residences. Particularly noteworthy is the quality of the staff at Lanson Place. They were extremely helpful and friendly. They responded quickly and courteously to our requests and provided us with a lot of informative information to the area. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank them - the night before we flew out we visited the Night Safari and took a very nice family photo there. Unfortunately, my wife left the photo on the taxi and only found out after we returned to Lanson Place. I spoke with the front-desk staff about it and they immediately began making calls - this was already around 10 or 11 p.m.. To our suprise, they managed to find the taxi driver, who returned the photo to us the next morning just before we left for the airport. Very impressive service indeed.

I honestly can't think of anything bad to say about the residences, but if I were to raise one issue, I would warn parents with young children to pay particular attention to the communal areas of each floor; namely the walkway and lift lobby design. The walls are fairly short and they use a railing design which makes it very easy for young children to climb, so please take note when you leave the units to go out to use the lifts. I have attached some photos, so it should be clear what I am referring to.

Like I said however, that is my only concern, and otherwise we were extremely satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank HK_Bigman
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 15 April 2011

What a fantastic place to stay. The location is good, only a couple of minute walk from the Somerset MRT station. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The flat was lovely, we had a one bedroom place that was really confortable and had everything we needed in there. The roof top pool was great. There is a good supermarket about 5 minute walk away and you can also order all kinds of takeaway food to your room.

There's only one small thing I can think of they could have done better - have more plates, cups, glasses and cutlery in the flat.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Minniemouse75
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2011

My family is moving to Singapore and so we chose to stay at Lanson Place for 5 weeks as we looked for an apartment. Although this is not a 5 star hotel, I must say that the staff treats its residents as though it were and the service is of 5 star standard.

Our serviced apartment was clean and well kept, nicely laid out, sheets and bedding extremely comfortable and they even partially stocked our fridge with basics so that we would have enough for a couple of days before needing to go food shopping (complimentary, I might add). The pots, pans and cuterly were all of a nice quality as was the dishware, which is always nice when you have to stay somewhere longer then 5 days.

The pool on the rooftop is lovely, and again always immaculately kept.
Everyone working in this establishment is incredibly friendly, helpful and extremely service oriented. And always with a smile. Even when I called 5 or 6 times the first day trying to figure out how to work things, the staff either came up to help me in person - immediately - or walked me through over the phone. If anything went wrong, staff would come up immediately or tell me when they would come (usually within 15 minutes) and were reliable.

The location is fantastic as you can walk anywhere from here and are close to the MRT.

Bottom line, these serviced apartments are well worth their price, the stay has been incredibly comfortable, and Lanson Place and its staff is commedable for their consistent friendliness, helpfulness and reliability. Not a single staff member, down to the maid, fell short of this. I highly recommend it here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business