“Good Clean Acco with all ameneties”

Lanson Place Winsland
Mumbai
“Good Clean Acco with all ameneties”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I had come to Singapore on a business trip and found Lanson Place to be the perfect place to stay considering the very high rates of hotels in Singapore. LP has a good list of ameneties, a fully loaded kitchennette including a coffee maker, washing machine, microwave, 3 door fridge, washing machine, dishwasher & oven. The Location is perfect with bus stop right outside and the Somerset MRT Station in a minute's walk. Orchard Road is just on the next parellel lane and central for all kinds of shopping. The rooms are nicely done, with a good living room, working desk, free broadband and TVs in the bedroom as well. The staff are very courteous and warm, special mention for Franklin who ensured that our stay was good. They also allowed us to check in 15 minutes prior to the regular check-in time of 1300 hrs as the room was available. This Serviced Apartment is perfect for business and family trips. Couples with kids need not worry at LP. They also have a good Gym and Swimming pool. There are some good local restaurants towards Kiliney road in the direction of the local police station. Very Safe area too, as i returned to the hotel at 1 am in the morning. The nearby Somerset Station has a 7-11 convenience Store for your local groceries.

Room Tip: Go for the 2 bedroom apartments. They are worth it.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank anandiyer

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed at Lanson Place Winsland with my family of 4 for 4 nights last September. I had e-mailed them to requiet a shorter stay, and they immediately replied that it was possible and how to go about it. I filled out their lease form, scanned it, and sent it back to them which was a little bit of effort but well worth it in the end. Lanson is is a top notch location near Orchard Rd, but yet is in a quiet office building area. It was also easy to take MRT from the airport, and just walk about 2-3 blocks from the Somerset MRT station. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom which had a nice layout. The kitchen was well-equipped and included all the items to cook with, which I did for my 2 year old. The Jura coffee machine was a bonus, but was a bit complicated and broke after 2 days. I wish they had a Nespresso machine instead, which is a lot easier to use. The apartment also had a washer/dryer which took a while to figure out, but once we did we could do all our laundry relatively quickly. The TV/entertainment system was very complicated, so even though we are very technology savvy family, we had to call someone to help us figure it out. We felt that the room was very clean, and I enjoyed the gym facilities too. The Lanson staff were all very polite and friendly. The only complaint I had about the apartment was that you have to have the hot water switch on to get hot water, and the hot water supply runs out pretty quick, so we had to endure some lukewarm showers occasionally. Other than that, we felt that Lanson Place Winsland was a good value for what you get, and the location was ideal.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank blhoang
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Everything is very good about this place, and service is excellent!

I see that almost everyone give a overall rating of 5, which means excellent. Very good is also good, it is actually very good. For me to give that high rating, I must be able to put 5 out of 5 on almost every detail. My believe is that people tend to either give 5 when they are pleased, and 1 or 2 when something went worng (like a bad check-in after a 24 hours journey and hit by jet-lag). So I will try to use the rating scale on Tripadvisor as I believe it is meant to. And everything above average is better than most other places (that is how statistics shall be used).

What the others write in their reviews are correct. The room was on arrival average cleaned. Which is not bad, neither good. That one should be better to receive a 5 star rating from me. And I think the matresses are to hard to receive 5 stars from me personally (but for others this could actually be perfect). It is hard to get excellent value for money in Singapore - but this place offers very good value for money compared to others in the town.

Service level is excellent. There is no way to say anything negative about that. And I am pretty sure that if I had mentioned anything about cleanliness, that would have been sorted out immediately. But why should I mention it - it was average and therefore good enough for me.

Location is very good, with good restaurants nearby - and shopping. Value for money is very good, but still expensive as Singapore is.

I will come back, no doubt about that.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ovelaur
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Stayed in a two-bedroom apartment with my family last July and it was outstanding. We have been visiting Singapore every year for more than a decade and how I wish I had discovered Lanson Place much earlier.

Tucked away behind an office building, its location is excellent -- diagonally across the Orchard Central Shopping Mall and a couple of streets away from the heart of the Orchard Road shopping area. Although there's a busy street and a pub outside, we couldn't hear any noise from within the apartment.

The apartment itself was very well furnished and had all the amenities that we needed and more. It was spotless, everything worked, and the equipment and utensils appeared to be new. The JURA coffee machine in the fully-equipped kitchen made a really good brew but it didn't come with a manual. No problem, I quickly found the manual on the Internet and Wi-Fi was free. There were three TVs in the apartment (in the living room and the two bedrooms) so I, my wife and my kids were able to watch whatever we wanted to all at the same time -- truly a blessing when a "live" football game was on one night. Both bathrooms were very spacious and had everything we needed.

Service was excellent; our enquiries and requests were attended to quickly and always with a smile.

What else can I say? Our stay at Lanson Place has been a delight and it has become our No. 1 choice in Singapore whenever we are there for a week or more.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank adrian_vic
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I love its central and convenient location. Next to Orchard Road and its seemingly endless shopping and "happening" venues. Whatever you are looking for is within walking distance. The MRT is nearby too, making travel around the city quite a breeze. We stayed in a two-bedroom beautifully furnished apartment. Very clean and spacious enough for the four of us. We especially loved the fully equipped kitchen that would be an ideal choice for those who prefer to eat in. Service was very good, helpful and friendly. We really had a wonderful and restful three nights stay. Without a doubt, the next time I come to Singapore with my family or friends, I would certainly choose to stay in this service apartment again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank s_nasadin
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Our 5 night stay in Lanson, proved that all other reviews are true - a very nice place indeed.

The room is very well maintained, all furniture are as new condition. If not for the carpet having couple of tiny stained spots, you'd have thought it was a newly opened hotel, everything is spotless clean. Laundry and kitchen are fully equipped. They even supply you with coffee beans for the coffee machine! In-room wifi is fantastic.

The reception staff is always helpful whenever whatever you ask. There was little confusion about the payment when we checked in, but the receptionist was very patient and explained several times (with smile all the time) till we all understood. Whatever we asked for, they will deliver to our room within 5 minutes.

Location is great, right next to Orchard Road, about 5 minutes walk to Somerset MRT station.

The only few couple of hiccups during our stay would be that:

1) We asked for extra quilt but got blanket instead because they ran out of quilt so we had to turn the air condition temperature up at night (but we won't complain about that as we had total 7 people staying in a 2-bedroom apartment which was supposed to accommodate up to 5)

2) Both toilets' flush were quite tricky, we had to push the handle down and hold it for few seconds to get the flush working properly. But we can see it is the product design, not so much a faulty issue.

Overall, we are all very happy with everything in Lanson. If we plan the next family gathering in Singapore again, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank teresahuang
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Nice friendly workers, spacious rooms(besides the 2nd one), a home away from home! As for myself, it's comparable to a 5 star Hotel thru certain aspects.. Very cool.

• Stayed February 2011