“perfect steak”

Mortons Steak House
Ranked #132 of 10,496 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Marina Bay
Description: Morton's is an upscale restaurant specializing in prime aged steaks and offering the finest product available to our guests. Morton's open kitchen reveals the secrets to great steak preparation as chefs prepare entrees in full view. Morton's lends an air of relaxed distinction to any affair. Rich mahogany wood paneling and etched glass set the tone, cozy brickwork and sumptuous wine and food displays punctuate the dining room and Morton's signature table-side presentation make for a truly memorable dining experience. In addition to the dining room, we offer private dining for larger parties in our Boardrooms which can be configured to suit groups of up to 40. Whether it's an elegant dinner, an elaborate cocktail reception or an exclusive wine tasting, Morton's is the perfect destination.
“perfect steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

as the name suggests, steak is the highlight of any visit to this restaurant. other than that, crab cakes are always a hit and lobster too. the vegetable options could be a little less decadent (creamed spinach, baked potatoes) considering how rich everything else is. the soufflés are delicious.

Visited February 2012

• Indonesian first
Singapore
“The best steak in town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

The best service and the best steak. Had both the steak sandwich at the bar with their famous martinis and on another ocassion had the steak in the restaurant. Out of this world. But very pricy.

2 Thank gypsysing
Los Angeles
“Best Steak In Singapore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

When I attended the Singapore Air Show in February I invited customers to dinner at Morton's Steakhouse, located in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. My customers were delighted with the experience! I was not surprized.
I am a VIP with Morton's and I have visited about 20 Morton's in 2011 alone. Most of the Morton's are located in the United States. I value the restaurant for consistency and quality at each location. For the most part all locations are pretty close in service and quality of the food. Singapore was no exception. Except it may have been even better than I expected.
The service was exceptional. It was gratifying that the wine list was extensive, with affordable wines included. The menu was typical Morton's. This is a steakhouse folks. DO NOT ORDER FISH!
I had the bone in ribeye, and I was not disappointed. If you have not had a Morton's ribeye, then you cannot be a judge of fine steaks. Others in the grop had filets or New Yorks. All loved their steaks.
I also dined at the Raffles Long Bar Steakhouse later in the week, and I was thoroughly disappointed in the product. The prices were about the same, but the quality and the experience at Raffles Long Bar Steakhouse was very disappointing. The Long Bar Steakhouse steaks were similar to Denny's breakfast steaks. No kidding!
I strongly recommend Morton's if you are looking for steaks while in Singapore.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank mcleanlaw
Singapore, Singapore
“Very good seafood, better than their steak I feel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Food tasted:
1st: Garlic Bread: very crusty, fresh and filling! Bread was as big as my face!!
2nd: Jumbo Baked Potato ($19): very normal I would say.
3rd: Morton's Prime Ocean Platter for two, Baked ($85): SPECTACULAR! Crab cake was fantastic.
4th: Ribeye steak, USDA Prime ($97) - feel that Bedrock's steak is more succulent. Felt the steak was a tad dry..and not marinated/ seasoned enough.
5th: Morton's Chocolate Cake (complimentary): The usual rich chocolate molten lava cake.

=) Customised Birthday Menu
=) Complimentary Photograph with Card
=) Complimentary Dessert!
=) Great service!

Total damage including GST & Service Charges: S$236.58
Feel the steak at Bedrock is better than Morton's. But I think this is individual preference.
For very occasional dining.

• Visited August 2011
Singapore
“Good for you if u take beef.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Everyone in the family are beef lovers except me. But still, we decided to visit Morton's on my dad's birthday.

According to them, the steak was wonderful. Quite a big portion, so they ordered 1 to share. Onion rings not to our liking. As i don't take beef, i ordered scallops with ham. Scallops are fresh but a bit tasteless.

Service was great. Every now and then they will check on you, see if you are happy/satisfied with your order. I have a 4yr old with me, so i actually brought outside food into Morton's as dinner for my son. I thought they would make a fuss as 'No outside food allowed' policy is probably stricter at all these places but no, i was wrong. They did not say anything about it when i was feeding my son. I think they do understand that there's nothing much on the menu for a 4yr old kid.

Highlight of the dinner was the chocolate cake for me. If i were to go back, it'll just be for the cake and nothing else.

Visited November 2011