“A Great Place to eat authentic Japanese food”
Review of Tatsuya

Tatsuya
Ranked #315 of 12,507 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$0 - US$70
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: If sashimi is your secret indulgence, then you must know that few restaurants do it better than Tatsuya. Try celebrated Chef Ronnie Chia’s creations while seated along its impressive 23-seat sushi bar, the longest in the country.
Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

If you like your Japanese food delicious, authentic and fresh, this is the place to go. I had the sashimi bento and simply adored it. The wasabi was very delicious. The sashimi is simply stunning to eat. The tamago was sweet and supple. Everything is just nice at an affordable price of just $45++ per set. A high recommendation.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

We enjoyed an Omakase menu by one of the expert sushi chefs. He let us choose our favorites and tailored the experience. We'll be back again!

Reviewed December 25, 2016 via mobile

Delicious & fresh sushi. I like to sit at the sushi bar. I especially like their tuna roll and Japanese pickles. They also offer take away which is a plus.

Reviewed December 22, 2016

My wife and I visited Tatsuya Japanese Restaurant at Goodwood Park Hotel yesterday for lunch to celebrate my birthday. It was our 2nd time there in a month. Advanced booking is recommended. You can choose to sit at the sushi bar or at a private table in a cozy dining area. We arrived around 1pm and noticed that the sushi bar counter was fully occupied.

In this restaurant, you are guaranteed authentic Japanese food. All ingredients are freshly imported fromTsukiji wholesale market. The service is prompt and swiftly executed. I was impressed that the lady serving us remembered us and even what we ordered previously.

If you are planning to eat here, be prepared to splash. The food is not cheap. But the food is fresh, tasty and prepared with a lot of passion. You are not paying for the food, you are paying for the whole experience.

For starters, we ordered their avocado salad (served with a dressing made from rice wine and sesame oil and other ingredients), and nimono (a rich vegetable stew with shredded chicken). Our main meal was the shashimi unajyu (eel) set. The cawanmushi that came with the set was smooth and the best I ever tasted. We also tried the aradaki daikon dish (consisting the head of the amberjack fish with Japanese radish and soup stock). The fish was fresh and fleshy and went superbly well with the radish.

All, in all it was an excellent experience. If there was one improvement that I could suggest is that the menu should also provide the names and include the description of the various dishes in English. It would then save everyone some time asking the staff to explain them to us.

A great restaurant, great ambience, great experience.

Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

Over the past years, my palate for Japanese food has always been bias towards Tatsuya.

They may not serve the traditional omakase, they do however serve very fresh and well made dishes in the course.

Notably their aburi sushi are almost always constantly Good, but do take note that they use vinegar in most of their sushi and hence the taste is more flavourful thus by which i mean non traditional. For those who wants to taste the natural freshness of the food then just inform the chef. They are always friendly and I always felt like I'm home during my visits there.

Their weekday lunch are also quite reasonably priced and a good power lunch there with bento sets are always good value for money for excellent Japanese food.

Chef Goh San always remembers what I prefer and notices what I don't like so he will prepare something else for me. A truly personal experience while it can be pricey this is a fine dinning Japanese restaurant which I feel is worth every cent.