“Very unpleasant experience”

Ranked #1,055 of 11,777 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kampong Glam
Description: At Fika, serving traditional Swedish food and pastry is our passion. We use only the finest and freshest ingredients to create our dishes that will fill your belly and warm your heart.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We order a vegetarian salad and it had shirmp in it . They asked us to pay for it. Also asked for another plate and it never arrived. Worst place in Singapore.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First of all - Fika in Swedish “coffee and snack” and does not involve food :)

Anyway. It is really fun to look at the menus and find old Swedish classics. But many things are not Swedish at all - like giant shrimp pasta!

I had the “kroppkakor” witch came with a very odd sauce but was ok.

What made us slightly irritated though was the staff knowing that the WiFi didn’t work and not tell us from the start (when asking for passwords etc)
That’s ok if you are there for dinner, but not if you ordered over priced food just to sit down to do some work ;)

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Staff were friendly. Food was to my surprise really good. Ambiance was really nice too. We had a table on the first level and we were able to look out and people watch. We ordered 3 mains (Grilled Chicken, Fisherman's Pasta and a Breakfast) to share. The price was reasonable given that the food was really pretty good. Overall great weekend spent! Keep it up!

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I ate there last time I was in Singapore and had the meatballs with potatoes and gravy and that time I had to ask for more gravy since the meatballs was so dry. The taste was okay but the meatballs very compact. I ate there again yesterday though I just had an apatizer (Skagen sandwich). The bread was okay but the Skagen itself did not taste much and I had to ask for salt and pepper and also a slice of lemon. The prawns was quite bad and felt really hard and didn't really tasty much almost like they have been frozen. I then had an crumble apple pie with some fresh berries and vanilla custard. The pie crust was very thick and felt very doughy and heavy and not so nice to chew at and it was served cold and not crusty!!!! I mean almost all kitchens would serve an apple pie hot... The coffee was good and nicely presented. Staff was nice and seemed service minded. About prices I think for what you get I rather go eat for half the price at IKEA. Just to clarify my criteria for this review I am from Sweden and I am a chef and head chef since almost 11 years.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

It's located in the Kampong Glam area. We dropped in for some drinks due to the hot weather. The bistro is dedicated decorated, serving plenty food choices. And the staff are nice and warm. Of course, the drinks we ordered are quite tasty.