“Pasta Fresca Da Salvatore (Jan 2018)”

Pasta Fresca Da Salvatore
Ranked #833 of 11,968 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Quays
Description: When the name Pasta Fresca Da Salvatore comes to mind, the first thought would be "Italian food" for most Singaporeans. As the pioneer in the industry to serve authentic Italian food, the name leaves a deep impression, even more so on regular customers who have been with us for 25 years. Pasta Fresca is not just your regular Italian joint, we have an inimitable identity and that derives from our strong passion to entertain customers with great service and serve pure Italian food. The simple but proven formula of fresh food and great service is a true formula for business success. Pasta Fresca strongly believes in providing the freshest ingredients and freshly made fresh pasta and sauces. Pastas are produced without preservatives and additives as opposed to using dried pasta. Besides producing for its own use, Pasta Fresca distributes to five star hotels, restaurants, airlines and other related businesses through its factory in Pandan Loop. It has its proprietary products of wine, olive oil and also other Italian food products which are specially imported from Italy. Pasta Fresca's restaurant chain is known for its wide selection of pastas (16 variety) and sauces (21 variety), giving its guests the flexibility to create their own pasta dish. Pasta Fresca's outlets are usually nestled in charming neighbourhoods in a cluster of casual eateries and its Boat Quay outlet, next to the tranquillity of the Singapore River. Guests are treated with friendly service with serene surroundings, which is befitting to Pasta Fresca's concept of casual & relaxed dining with warm hospitality. Authentic South Italian cuisines are served in trattoria-styled setting. One testimony of Pasta Fresca's popularity is the numerous catering requests. Its catering arm offers in-house and off-premise catering events such as weddings, corporate events, birthday parties, Christmas and New Year celebrations and more.
Reviewed January 17, 2018

Pasta and pizza were good, authentic and flavourful. Rich and awesome taste. Highly recommended for lunch

Reviewed January 14, 2018

The food was authentic and great! One of the best pastas in Singapore! But the price is slightly on the high side.

Reviewed January 14, 2018

It has been a while since I last wrote a TripAdvisor review, but I am making a comeback, because it has been a while since I've had a meal so bad that I felt like I needed to warn others about it.

The location is smack in the tourist trap of Boat Quay. Plenty of bars in the area, which is nice, but the restaurants perhaps aren't great. However, my friend and I were craving for some pasta and we were just two shop lots down from Pasta Fresca. We had a look at the menu, and everything sounded and looked good.

We ordered a bottle of their $100 wine (Brunello Di Montacilno), because we thought we'd like to pair a good wine with some good food. My friend ask what vintage the wine was and the waiter replied "it is full bodied". I guess that was an indicator, but nevertheless, its a restaurant at Boat Quay, I didn't want to set my expectations so high. We ordered the meat and cheese platter, and I asked "What meats and cheese come in it?" Waiters response: "pork, beef, parmesan, and some other cheeses too, like blue cheese". I was looking for a little more detailed information than just pork and beef, but OK. Strike two.

Upon eating what tasted like store bought meats and cheeses (I'm fairly certain it was store bought, not even from a butcher) we decided on the white wine Vongole soup. We received a bowl of what tasted like clams in simmered water. No taste. ZERO. No seasoning, tasteless, HORRIBLE. We sent the order back, as I wasn't going to pay for a bowl of clams and hot water. We then decide to have pasta, skipping our three course plan because of the disappointing clams.

We ordered the Crabmeat pasta (with linguine) and the, what seemed like their speciality as it was in its own separate pull out, the burrata ravioli with truffles. Crabmeat not fresh based on taste and smell. Portion of crab was poor. the linguini however was perfectly al dente. Props to the chef for that, at least he knows how to cook his pasta al dente. The ravioli (the supposed "star") was horrible. I don't know why this dish has been highlighted on their menu, but it was very plain. This could have been tucked in to the regular menu, because it didn't 'wow' me at all. It just tasted like plain cheese ravioli with a mushroom sauce. I don't think the ravioli was fresh, it didn't taste like it, unlike the linguini, where it seemed fresh.

The end of the evening, the waiter hovered back and forth with the check book, because they needed to close, which we completely understood, so I called him over and asked for the check which he had ready in his underarms. We paid for the $200 bill (minus the Vongole soup, he removed it, rightly so). The waiter then brought out two plastic cups, which I told him to take back because I was not about to pour the $100 wine in a plastic cup (Oh, $100 was a bit steep, but my friend highly recommended it and it was good wine, although apparently you can get it cheeper elsewhere).

The only highlight from the evening was the wine and the store bought meat and cheese plate. Which I guess we could have done at home. Clams were a HUGE letdown. Pasta was cooked well, but didn't 'wow' us at all. I am not sure if the chef is Italian (I don't think so). If he is, he needs to return home and take a vacation with nonna. I don't mean to insult the chef and his cooking, but this was a very VERY bad meal. And no, I will not return... Never again...

PastaFrescaDS, General Manager at Pasta Fresca Da Salvatore, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear AlmaVH

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise that our food does not meet to your level of expectation.

Your comments will be reviewed with our chefs to improve on what is needed accordingly.

We would like to clarify that our cheese and parma ham are self-imported from trusted partners in Italy, known for their quality products.

Restaurants along Boat Quay are commissioned to clear all used glasses and plates and not to leave them overnight to prevent harbouring of pests at the alfresco area. As it was close to midnight, the staff had to close the restaurant and they needed to clear all tables. However seeing that you had wished to remain seated at the table, plastic cups were offered to you in case you would like to finish your bottle. It is rare that our diners stay after closing time hence in this case, we apologise that this has to be made as an alternative due to regulations. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
The Pasta Fresca Management

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Tasty food & reasonable price. Very nice sitting outside overviewing Singapore river. So close to MRT, will surely come back.

Reviewed December 23, 2017

It was raining so the terrace seats along the river was wet, when we asked if they can wipe the seats, they used a wet cloth instead of a dry one, which was puzzling... While we were only 2 people sitting at a table for 4, they only wiped half of the seats so the seat next to me was still wet. We ordered pesto, and a tomato-based pasta with salmon meat. The pasta was overcooked. They also served pasta with the parmesan cheese powder that u can find at saizeriya, which I don't think should be allowed at a proper italian restaurant. Maybe I had the wrong expectations at prices that we're paying. The night view was nice though.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
PastaFrescaDS, General Manager at Pasta Fresca Da Salvatore, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Hi Jawen V,

Thank you for your feedback.

We regret to hear of your dining experience outdoors. We will address the issues you mentioned with the staff and will take the necessary steps to review our food and service.

To clarify, the parmesan cheese we use in our restaurants is Grana Padano from Italy. We can assure you that our core ingredients are self-imported from Italy.

We are glad that you enjoyed the view and we hope to see you again thus providing us an opportunity to present you with improved food and service.

Best Regards,