“Good Japanese restaurant for lunch”
Review of Sen Of Japan

Sen Of Japan
Reserve with Chope
Sen Of Japan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #867 of 12,343 Restaurants in Singapore
Neighbourhood: Marina Bay
Neighbourhood: Marina Bay
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Recently had lunch here and it was great. Very affordable, especially for a restaurant in Marina Bay Sands.

They have lunch specials till 2pm or 3pm so it's best to visit with colleagues if you work around the vicinity. I ordered their chirashi don which came with a glass of green tea and soup... rice to fish ratio was perfect, not too much rice/too little fish for its price point ($28). Cannot remember what my colleague ordered but we had some maki rolls to share. The rolls were freshly made and were tasty, rice to filling ratio was good as well.

Service was really nice and efficient. If you're looking for a good japanese restaurant that's not overly crowded (especially during lunch time), this restaurant is your best bet! Also, if you visit, please try their uni chawanmushi! It's one of the best chawanmushi's I've tried by far. I loved it so much! Soooooo flavorful with a smooth, delicate texture.

Will definitely come back again :)

SenofJapanMarketing, Marketing at Sen Of Japan, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Dear scarletwong88,

Thank you for your kind and detailed review, we appreciate it! Glad to know you enjoyed the dishes at our restaurant and we will definitely continue serving quality food.

Hope to see you again soon at Sen of Japan!

Cheers,

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

I checked the closing time of restaurants before deciding on Sen of Japan (close at 11pm) to have our late dinner; came in at around 945pm. Ordered A5 wagyu beef, uni chawamushi, chicken n eel sushi, n softshell sushi. N a bottle of Chablis. Given the amount of things ordered for 2 pax I would expect a decent service ( it was quiet at this time on a monday) food quality is not up to expectations, uni not fresh. The only compliment was for the chicken. But usually I won't give a bad review simply because of average food. The service guys were in a rush to clear our dishes, they pull the blinds down, mopped the floor all infront of us. I thought ok mayb we should move outside and they can clean up the place since they not keeping the table outside. The answer I got was no I can't as the already chained the table n chairs up and the waiter said anyway we have to leave at 11pm the closing time. We still had half a bottle of wine left at 1045pm. If this is the case they should let us know when we stepped in or when we placed our order. Will definitely not come back again

SenofJapanMarketing, Marketing at Sen Of Japan, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Dear wan zhi a,

With regards to your review, we apologize for your unpleasant dining experience at Sen of Japan last night.

We would like to know more about your encounter and keep in touch.
Do send us an e-mail at info@senofjapan.com.sg.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Service is so-so, but the food is definitely above average. Located conveniently at Marina Bay Sands.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
2  Thank samwS8582IK
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Probaly the best sushi/sashimi i had in my life.
I am not an expert in fish quality, but i can tell you that it was the best sashimi i ever ate.
The staff was friendly and smilling, witch is important in restaurant business.
The smiles on the face of waiters is becoming more rare these days specially when you are a foreigner in Asia.
I give only 4 stars because some things could be improved in terms of food.
The meat was good (crossbreed wagyu), but not good enough to eat it without sauce, and the sauce was not really good.
But overall it was a great meal that i enjoyed.
Thanks.

SenofJapanMarketing, Marketing at Sen Of Japan, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Dear procintravel,

We're glad you enjoyed dining at Sen of Japan and thank you for leaving us a review!! Noted on your feedback on the sauce for Crossbred Wagyu Steak - we will definitely work on it.

We hope to see you again soon at Sen of Japan!

Cheers,

Reviewed February 15, 2018

My wife & I stopped in for lunch today; unfortunately only one of us ever received our order. The waitress was friendly enough when we first sat down, bringing us our menus and then asking what we wanted to drink. My wife asked for a Perrier (SGP$6) and I ordered a draught Sapporo beer (SGP$15). We received our drinks in short order and then we both ordered bowls of soup. I then told the waitress that I would hold onto one of the menus because I would order more (probably sushi) after we received our bowls of soup.

My wife received her bowl of seafood soup in short order, but the waitress left without saying a word to me. While I was waiting for my soup, I had decided to place an additional order for a couple of nigiri items, but the waitress never gave me the opportunity.Ten minutes later, after my wife had finished her bowl of soup, I began wondering whether our waitress had forgotten about me. I could see her on the other side of the restaurant, but she never came back to my table.

After another 10 minutes went by, with both my wife and I just sitting there with no food, I finally hailed another waitress, told her I never received my order, and asked her to just bring me our bill. She was apologetic and then went to the other side of the restaurant to speak with our original waitress. A minute or two later, the second waitress came back to our table with my bowl of soup. When I asked her what had happened, she really didn't have an answer, except to once again apologize for me not having received it previously. I advised her that I didn't want it now, and again asked for my check.. She took the soup back, brought me my check (with the charge for the soup removed), and then we paid and left.

Although I would normally rate the restaurant one star for this lack of service (not to mention lack of food, lol), my wife told me that the bowl of seafood soup (SGP$9.5)she ate was the best bowl of soup she's ever had. So even though I didn't get to eat, and my mug of beer was hideously overpriced, I will grudgingly have to give the restaurant an additional star for my wife's soup, bringing the total rating up to two stars.

SenofJapanMarketing, Marketing at Sen Of Japan, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Dear BethesdaMadMan,

We apologize for your unpleasant dining experience at Sen of Japan last week.
We would like to know more about your encounter and keep in touch.
Please drop us an e-mail at info@senofjapan.com.sg.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!