All reviews private bath place to stay balcony beds guests bathroom hostel
Reviewed January 29, 2018

I can highly recommend RioLibre to anyone looking for a fun and comfortable place to stay during their time in Pucón. It's located close to everything you might need to do, the facilities are great, and the staff are the best.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Large kitchen and dining area which accomodated all guests which was very practical. Only one shared shower and toilet both inside the bathroom, this sucked. Wifi was the worst. When I went to reception to ask for some assistance I was told that iPhones don’t work well with the wifi...so if bad/no wifi is deal breaker for you, don’t stay here. However the staff were very friendly, as well as the other guests. Overall a colourful aesthetic and pleasant experience.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

I had a fantastic stay here, i loved the design of the building and everyone in it. It’s a great Hostal with a fantastic atmosphere. I swapped rooms after the first night as I fancied a bit of luxury. The first room was fine but a bit noisy for my two year old who was probably the noisiest in the day! However I swapped for a large ensuite room which I loved! It was brilliant and I wish I could upgrade for every place we stay.

Breakfast is very basic but does the trick. My daughter loved Francisco and the chickens of course. One night a band went up on the roof and played some music with a great show...that was good fun. I felt comfortable enough to let my 2 year old play and get to know everyone. The kitchen is a good size so not overcrowded.

The location is really good too as it’s right next to everything you need and when ever I needed help a member of staff always helped me. I was sad to leave but had a fantastic time. Thanks for having us!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

We came in late to Pucón and kept striking out looking for a private room that wasn’t more than 50.000. Arriving at rio libre we were greeted by the very friendly argentine host who gave us a deal on a beautiful top floor room with private bath and balcony. Would certainly stay longer if we didn’t already have plans to head south.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2017

The location of the Rio Libre is great - steps from downtown Pucon and all the restaurants and shops. Beautiful view of the volcano from out front. Just a heads up that this is a hostel, not a hotel, and not a b&b. We had a private room with a double bed. The room was large and comfortable with a clean private bath. Everything is fine, but very basic. Towels are grayed and not replaced during the stay even though it was very damp. The breakfast is extremely basic. The clientele are all young adventurers which means that music will be loudly played until late in the night. It was nice that they were having a good time, but it would have been nice to get some sleep as well. The wi-fi and electric outlets in the room were unreliable. At over $100 per night I expected a bit more. It really would not take much to make this a much nicer place, but I suspect that a younger person would enjoy it just as it is.

Room tip: Don't choose the third floor if you have any luggage.
Date of stay: September 2017