Hotel & Termas Huife
Hotel Antumalal(Pucon)
US$238
Hotel Pucon Green Park(Pucon)(Great Value!)
US$129
  • Breakfast included
US$120
Hotel and Cabanas Monte Verde(Pucon)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$111
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsthermal poolshot springsthe riverchilliinfrastructureforesttowelsspa
Reviewed November 27, 2015

We were in Pucon, Chile for a business meeting and we decided to take some time off and visit the city and enjoy a day at one of the local hot springs. We decided to go to Termas Huife, which is about 33 Km. from Pucon. We were picked up at the hotel and enjoyed a ride through the forest and after about 45 minutes we were at the Termas Huife (Huife Hot Spring). We were lucky that there were few guests at the time of our arrival and we enjoyed a quiet, relaxing time. We took a walk through the property and visited other pools closer to the river...enjoyed it ! It was time for our late lunch and we went to the restaurant that is located near the bottom pools. It was a simple restaurant...nothing fancy. I love fresh Salmon...I asked the server if it was fresh and he confirmed that...so I ordered the filet of Salmon and I chose the Mare e Monte preparation...and by far it was the best filet of Salmon
that I have ever had during my stay in Chile... By far the best !!! First it was fresh and it was cooked perfectly. It was pan fried in olive oil...moist...not over done and topped with
sautéed shrimp and mushrooms in an herbal cream sauce with a side of fettuccine. It really was great. The best surprising part for me was that our waiter (server) came by and asked "how is everything...can I get you anything else"... Believe me when I tell you
that what the waiter (server) did or asked was a big surprise to me, because it is not a common practice here in Chile. I have had this "surprise" only twice in the last 10 years!!!! I am sorry that I cannot remember the waiter's (server's) name. After lunch we spoke with the manager...Gerardo Rascheya and he arranged for us a guided tour at the available cabins...what a location !!! The cabins were set-up to give you real comfort and surrounded by forest trees ...close enough to the Liucura River... that you can open your windows and hear the river water flowing. We are planning a return trip back to the Termas Huife and a stay at one of the cabins.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank nabil m
Reviewed August 27, 2015

Even though this happened 15 years ago, I remember everything very clearly. The coldness of the water flowing down from the Andes, and heat extend of the hottest pool (127 degrees), the farmer's field across the river and the cows grazing about. A very amazing journey and (at that time) 7K of dirt roads strew with boulders and dry wash rivers, weaving in and out of tall now-extinct volcanic mountains. Breathtaking!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2015

Pay the extra fee for the hydro pool.... it's well worth it, particularly in the summer when the sun is blazing down on the outside pools. The roof over the hydro pool provides much needed shade!

Don't miss the hike in the woods... take the path just to the right of the outdoor pools, along the river, and cross the swinging bridge. Follow the signs (arrows) up the hill for an amazing self-guided nature walk.

Lastly, avoid the cafeteria: overpriced and poor quality food. Stick to the restaurant (you´ll need to change, as swimsuits are not permitted in the restaurant). Both spots open for lunch at 1 pm.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tezajovy
Reviewed November 1, 2014

The main covered pool was very good, and we were lucky to get early and be the very first and lone users of it for at least an hour before more people started to get by. The water temperature is perfect, and the steam along with the cold weather creates a very nice atmosphere.
On the bad side, the restaurant is a very expensive and not recommended experience. We´d ate the trout, and was greasy and very expensive, almost twice of a regular price in the area, because they charge the sides like rice or potatos apart. When I ask about that, the manager got a little angry, and not capable of hearing opinions. Not recommended, and will not be back to eat ever again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have been 2-3 times in te last 8 years, and I can hardly see any investment in infrastructure, which is getting worst over the time. The only ítem increasing is the entry Price for the pools (over 100 USD for a 4-familiy), which is way too high for this quality.
They also had the bad idea to have the kitchen (with fast food only) right in the neiberhood of the outside pools, with all frying smells in your nose.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family