US$80
US$129
Hostal Opapa Juan(Puerto Varas)(Great Value!)
US$75
Solace Hotel(Puerto Varas)(Great Value!)
US$79
Casa Kalfu(Puerto Varas)(Great Value!)
US$71
  • Breakfast included
Casa Molino(Puerto Varas)
US$96
US$94
US$110
US$107
Cabanas Anulen Puerto Varas(Puerto Varas)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$64
Estancia 440(Puerto Varas)
US$95
Cabanas Campo Kutral(Puerto Varas)(Great Value!)
US$120
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 21, 2014 via mobile

Generally, I book hostels to...sleep. It's a pity that the guys running the hostel don't share my point of view. All the rooms face the common area and the walls are paper thin. So it was very difficult for me to sleep when people where talking loud till 1 or 2 in the morning. 2 times, out of 3 nights, I had to come out and explain to everybody that we are paying 40 dollars (expensive!!) the night for a private room with shared bathroom and no breakfast included and all just to be able TO SLEEP. The guys working there were unable to ask the guests a bit of silence and respect for the ones trying to rest, instead they kept the loud music till 2 or 3 am. As well 2 bathrooms for so many rooms are not enough, you better have no rush for the toilet while being there, it was difficult to find it free. Besides this, everything was clean and cozy. I would not stay there if I go back to Puerto Varas, I'd try to find a hotel to actually sleep.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Nico R, Owner at Casa Margouya, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2014

Just few things :
it s an hostal, in an old house , and people try to share and have a good time. The owner wasn t there...it s me and I wasn t in the city.
I don t say it s the idea to have party everynights...but it s good to meet people when you are travelling.
And for the wall and the toilets...we are working for more than 10 years like and , we don t have trouble
so maybe , it will be better for you to stay in 4 stars hotel.

Any way, enjoy your travel and happy new year
Nicolas

Reviewed October 20, 2014

The breakfast is not included but they offer a 50% voucher to a restaurant just around the corner. We didn't use it since we were cooking the whole time we were there. The kitchen is very well-equipped.
The staff members are helpful and speak basic English.
They seem to finish their shift around 11pm so there is no one to attend the reception which we found odd.

On our first night, we couldn't sleep till 2am since other guests were drunk and talking loud in the common area. It would have been nice if there was a hostel rule about this.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 80SONYA80
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of days and really enjoyed it. Nico, the owner, is really helpful and full of knowledge on the surrounding area. No free breakfast but he'll give you a voucher for breakfast at barista, just round the corner. The breakfast there was good and coffee excellent. There is a free computer to use in hostel, good wifi signal and all facilities are clean. Overall would happily make a return visit.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We initially tried getting a room at Hostel Margouya 2 (with no prior reservation), but they were full. The owner booked us a private room at Casa Margouya, which we highly appreciated since we had almost run out of options. Casa Margouya is a small hostel located in the center of Puerto Varas. The rooms and the premises are clean, the kitchen is fully equipped. Out of the two bathrooms, one was free every time we needed it. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They helped us with renting a car, booking a hostel in Cochamo and they gave us useful information about our next travels. The atmosphere is nice, with travelers hanging out in the main lobby. From our room, we could hear their chatting, but after 11pm it got quiet, so we didn't have any issue with that. All in all, it's a nice place to be.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Casa Margouya is tiny! There are only two bathrooms, which is an issue in the morning when everyone is taking a shower. I stayed in a top bunk and could not sit up on my bed (and I am not that tall). Staff weren't that friendly either. On the plus side the location is good, and they can book all the activities for you.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo