See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 26, 2017

The position of the Hotel Principado is perfect, near the Underground and the centre of the city but the breakfast is not so tasty, under the hotel there are two dinner bar and sleeping is not simple, not all the staff speak English so sometimes the communication is not so easy. For young is best for the quality/price but for family probably not the same.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 10, 2017

We spent 1 night due to layover in Santiago. Wanted centrally located hotel for family of 4. I booked 2 rooms in a single reservation and to my surprise they were not next to each other. They were 2 floors apart. I always assumed that a family with 2 kids would get 2 adjoining rooms automatically. This was quite a pain since we had all clothing mixed in 4 suitcases and had to make many trips across the hotel. Funny thing was that both of our rooms had connecting doors (locked) to the next rooms which would have been great if we could get them. This was a huge oversight from the hotel.
The rooms were basic but felt old and not super clean. Internet worked but the work desk set up had a non working light and no outlet. I ended up doing my work e-mails in the bathroom so my son could sleep. Breakfast was basic, nothing special. Best thing about the hotel is the location, about 2 minutes from the metro stop.

Room tip: Get a higher floor. There are sidewalk restaurants right in front of the hotel so it is a bit noisy until they close.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RADEK M
Reviewed July 12, 2016

I was here in 2013, and had some problems. The internet was lousy, with nothing working except maybe around 3AM. From what I was told, it was one connection shared among all the rooms.
Well,.... now, it's completely different. When I knew I was returning, I requested a different hotel. Instead, my benefactors said that the same hotel has totally upgraded their internet. Skeptically, I agreed. But it's the truth!
I requested a non-smoking, room with a view of the streets, and I am immensely pleased.
Please consider this hotel as a desirable destination. The breakfast buffet is very nice, the location to Bella Vista area, and Baquedano metro connections. make this a real value!

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed June 21, 2016

Just spent a night, and one is enough. Room was not clean, lot of hairs in the bathtub, and in the bed, windows didn't close properly, beds are not comfortable, the person at the counter didn't speak english, and was not eager to make any efforts, forget about a smile ... Located downtown, but the neighboroud is not pleasant at all.

The only good thing about this hotel, is that the wifi is stable and fast.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2015

A ten minute walking distance from Bella Vista.
The structure and rooms are old but comfortable but the staff is friendly and helpful.
Free WiFi and decent breakfast.
Nice crowded little bar just on the street outside for a spot of local people watching.

Date of stay: November 2014