Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Max

Great location, friendly staff and excellent service.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 20, 2019
Hostal Providencia is probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at in my life. From the get-go I was greeted by friendly and inviting staff who made me feel right at home. The location is great for exploring Santiago and the surrounding areas. The hostel is near several great sights, including the Cerro San Cristobal and with metro station Baquedano right down the street. The hostel is clean and offers an excellent complementary breakfast as well as affordable and varying dinner.
Date of stay: September 2019
HostelsSantiago, infotour at Hostal Providencia, responded to this review
Responded Sep 20, 2019
Hello Baetter!

Thank you for your comment. We are happy to hear that you loved your time at Hostal Providencia, because we work hard everyday to give our guests an exceptional experience. We hope you come back soon!

Cheers,

C$99
1.8 km from Hostal Providencia
View more hotels in Santiago
1,656 results
All reviews private room chilli bed dorm location is great hostel providencia subway neighborhoods chilean
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2019

I found this hostel ok, but not amazing. Staff was about 50/50 helpful and kind, or surly and pissed off. I stayed here twice, once for 3 nights and once for a single night before leaving the country. My first room was clean but sparse, and the bed was rock hard. The shared bathroom wasn't very clean, but was better by day 2. The bar area was overrun by drunken 20-somethings in the evenings, so not a good place to meet new people or have a quiet beer. I heard a lot of noise in the halls and common areas up until at least midnight. The kitchen is pretty small, but with adequate fridge space. I was annoyed at my first checkout to find the kitchen locked; I had to get someone to let me in while my cab waited so I could get my stuff. The location is great though, and I was able to walk to almost everywhere I wanted to go, including Plaza de Armas, Bellas Artes, Barrio Lastarria, Cerro Santa Lucia, museums, restaurants, etc. The courtyard is very pretty and a nice place to hang out on the rare occasion I was able to get a seat on one of the couches. The in-house tour company is fantastic, and hooked me up with a very fun trip to Cajon del Maipo that was one of the highlights of the trip.

On my second visit, my room was nice with a comfy bed, but very cold, without a large enough heater. I had a private bath this time and the water had a sulfur smell, and the shower backed up quickly and left me standing in water.

What really pissed me off was reception failed to tell me about the time change when I checked in on 8 September and booked a cab for 5:45am (that I paid 20.000CLP for), so the next morning, I went to reception and the cab was gone because it was an hour later than expected. They still paid the driver (and didn't bother knocking on my door, apparently), so I had to book another cab. The front desk was very slow and unhelpful, taking over 20 minutes to get me checked out and call the cab company when I was obviously in a hurry, so I ended up taking an Uber on my own.

I was really disappointed and upset that I ended up spending all that extra money on my last day and nearly missed my flight. It seems like you should let people know about the time change in Chile, as it is on a different date than in other countries so our phones don't change automatically. I was also really upset at how the front desk staff acted like I had done something wrong, and were so slow to help me when I needed to get to the airport. Very disappointed in this service. I really felt like the hostel should have refunded me part of my stay or paid for another cab due to this fiasco. I expect better from a highly rated hostel.

Room tip: Rooms with private bath have more street noise but comfier beds.
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Rachel S
HostelsSantiago, Staff at Hostal Providencia, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Hello Rachel S

We apologize for what happened and your bad experiences in the Hostel.
Clearly there was a misunderstanding and we really sorry for the situation. We will surely improve communication for all our guests so that a similar situation doesn't happen again.

We would like to thank you for let us to know what happen, so we will work in improve and give you the best service next time.

Have an amazing day!

Reviewed August 22, 2019

I have been travelling for over a year and this is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff are so friendly and always willing to go that extra mile to make your stay unforgettable. It is the ideal place for solo travellers as there are always some form of event on which is great for meeting new people. I usually don't wake up for breakfast but for this hostel I set an alarm. The breakfast was that good! I initially only booked for 2 nights but ended up staying two weeks. I cannot recommend this hostel enough!!!

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Kingmikey87
HostelsSantiago, infotour at Hostal Providencia, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2019

Hi Kingmikey87!

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing us to live this experience! We're really happy to know that you have an excellent stay in our Hostel!! We always try to give our best to our travelers that come to live the experience in Santiago. You definitely have to come back to Santiago so we can have a great time again together in Chile! We hope to see you very soon, you have a lot of activities waiting for you!

Regards!

Reviewed August 8, 2019

I stayed here for two weeks (much longer than planned due to some changes to my trip) and didn't regret it once. This is a place for everyone, whether you're a solo traveler, couples, families, etc and there're many different types of room options ranging from private to shared. I stayed in the 4 bunk bed room and met lots of really cool people. The beds were extremely comfortable and warm (like 3 layers of sheets!) which was great given that it was the winter season. Big lockers were provided in the room which ensured that I could store my stuff safely. The hostel's showers were cleaned and the hot water exceeded expectations. There're two pantries equipped with stoves and pots and pans, and many people did cooking. Also, the place strikes me as being much more spacious than most of the hostels I've stayed at as there were many areas to chill and just hang out. Breakfast was also really good - there were cereals, breads, eggs, and many different fruits (apples, pears, kiwis, bananas). There's also dinner served at night (from 5k pesos - the menu changes daily too!) which is convenient and also much cheaper than most places outside! Wifi was very strong throughout the hostel. Initially, the wifi didn't work in my room because it was rather far away from the main area, but it was promptly fixed in a couple of days and I appreciate this. Lastly, I also liked how staff were serious about maintaining quiet hours - the gatherings at the bar ceased after 1130 and lights in the corridors were dimmed by midnight ensuring that everyone could get a pleasant rest.

The hostel staff are also very friendly and helpful. There's a tour desk where you can book many different tours around Santiago and beyond including Valparaiso, Pomaire and Portillo. I appreciate the help of Paolo who was especially helpful in arranging the tours. Location-wise, the hostel is within walking distance of Cerro San Cristobal where you can take the funicular train up the hill and the cable car down on the other side, and the Bellavista district, which has lots of bars and fancy restaurants. It's also a 3 minute walk away from a metro station where you can take a train to the main plaza (2 stops).

Overall, I had an excellent experience here and I wholeheartedly recommend this place to anyone stopping by in Santiago. I don't usually stay in hostels but this place has given me much to consider! I'll definitely stay here if I return to Santiago!

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank Darren S
HostelsSantiago, Staff at Hostal Providencia, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Hey Darren!

Thank you so much for your review! We're really happy to know that you have an excellent stay in our Hostel!! We always try to give our best to our travelers that come to live the experience in Santiago. You defenitely have to come back to Santiago so we can have a great time again together in Chile! We hope to see you very soon! Take care!

Cheers!

Hostal Providencia Staff

Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

I spent 2 nights in Hostal Providencia. Since I am travelling alone, I was happy that there are many ways to meet people at the hostel. There's a dinner every night (which you have to pay) and there were free drinks on my first night. You can also go on tours and pub crawls (a lot of fun). The staff is helpful and very friendly, and it is easy to meet cool people there.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Sarah D
HostelsSantiago, Staff at Hostal Providencia, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2019

Hi Dear Traveller!

We're so happy that you had a great time here in our Hostel, we really hope to see you very soon again.

Cheers!

Staff Hostal Providencia

Reviewed July 12, 2019

I stayed here for one night, and it was a thoroughly pleasant experience. Desk staff were able to receive me even late into the night, and they were friendly and helpful through my stay. The room was clean and comfortable, and there was plenty of hot water for showers. Breakfast, though simple, was plentiful and tasty. The building itself is beautiful, and is in a great location in downtown Santiago. I would absolutely stay here again in a future visit to Santiago.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank mb546428
HostelsSantiago, infotour at Hostal Providencia, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2019

Thanks a lot for your review! Our staff is always working really hard to keep all the areas clean, and to give the best service possible.

We really hope to see you soon back here in Santiago :)

Hostal Providencia Staff