“Nice and new but not for tourists and with design flaws....”

Radisson Blu Santiago La Dehesa
Ranked #42 of 198 Hotels in Santiago
GreenLeadersGold level
NYC
“Nice and new but not for tourists and with design flaws....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Not for tourists. You need a car to stay here.
Hotel is new and clean. But there are some design flaws. Shower floods room and sinks are ridiculous, splash you every time. And why would they use those annoying hangers that slide in, is this a Motel 6? Gym is lacking....
Staff tries hard, breakfast is nice.
For a business hotel, it is fine.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nycGUYtraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lima Region, Peru
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

one of the most beautifull hotels I stayed in Santiago de Chile, very nice location across the street of a very nice mall, La Dehesa, with supermarket Jumbo and Home Center, the location is fantastic , only 10 minutes from Las Condes and 20 minutes from the Airport and 50 minutes from the Sky resorts...the best!! food ok, but we can find more restaurants arround , all good, price is perfect, breakfast regular, good spa.

Room Tip: rooms are big and the Andes view is Unique
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Alex d
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

Second time at the Radisson Petra and interested to find out whether the initial problems (see my review from last year) have been resolved.

Check-in friendly and efficient, elevators working fine and maintenance seems to be working ok. We were blessed with a two hour blackout on Saturday nicht that affected most of the country and were pleased to experience the hotel's generator providing energy for 100% of the hotel (as as we could tell at least). So, while I am not a fan of dining at hotels we were left with no choice - I will write another review on that. Breakfast was abundant and nice, as in the other Radissons in Chile - we were pleased to recognize some of the staff of the Radisson Ciudad Empresarial which was closed as a result of the 2010 earfthquake.

Our bathroom had an issue with water leaking into the toilet area - fortunately, though that water dried quickly.

Our checkout experience has to be rated as poor: seven people in line, four employees standing around and one actually person (Mathias) was actually working checking people in and out. When enquiring about more staff to do the job, the security woman who was strolling around only answered with an ironic smile and finally said "Sundays" and walked away - I guess it's not my right to ask. If I ran this property, someone like that would have already been fired. Anyway, the manager has been informed of the slowness, although he did not really enquire further and hence I doubt the attitude problem will be dealt with.

I agree with some of the remarks who found location removed from it all. My secret is that I rent a car and actually for me the location is excellent - many of my activities are nearby and the Portal La Dehesa shopping mall across the street is pretty decent.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SAmTrax
Miami, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

The feel is ultra-modern/chic; rooms are comfortable and spacious. Lobby is so comfortable for a meeting you would want to stay longer. Yes, like other reviews say, the location is a bit far from the center of Santiago or the financial area, but I would rather pay a bit more for the taxi and stay at this location. In the immediate area of the hotel there is a shopping center and further (within walking distance) are very good restaurants. Bellmen are always willing to help and very courteous. Front desk personnel were very polite. I had minor issues with the bathroom, these were fixed right and practically with 10 minutes of making the call to get maintenance.

The restaurant.- Breakfast selection is ample and the Maître D’ will do anything to please you, I really mean it, I asked for lactose free milk, they did not have it but the next morning and throughout my stay it was available, the personnel remembered my needs. I had dinner a couple of times, some dishes were extraordinary, very tasty, with good presentation; however, a fish dish I ordered one of the nights felt as it was frozen before cooking.

In short, I had a very enjoyable stay and will return to this property.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CandyManMia
sao paulo - Brasil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

We chose this hotel to stay near to the Montains and ski tours. There is a mall in front of Hotel. But if your porpose is stay near the city it is´n´t a good location.
Very helpfull staff. Free internet and PCs in the lobby.
Very well decorated. The bed was the most confortable I´ve ever tryed.
They gave us an amazing up-grade: one bedroom to our kids!
We loved!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank andrea-m-natal
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Actually logged on while on a business trip here to vent before this place drives me out of my mind. I'm not an expert on Radisson, but the one in Warsaw struck me as the perfect four-star - skipping luxury, but comfortable, efficient and well-run. Radisson La Dehesa is no nightmare but has almost nothing to recommend it.

The rooms are clean and decent sized (as well they might be given the remote location). They're arranged round a vast and very noisy atrium. The wireless internet doesn't work in the rooms (awful for a business hotel) and there's no wired service. Nobody on the staff knows anything to help.

A Spanish-speaker will do better than me, as apart from one of the desk staff, nobody appears to speak English. The voicemail menu is only in Spanish too. Calls to front desk or room service go unanswered (and the staff downstairs seemed put out when i came down to ask for room service. The staff are brusque to the point of rudeness and often unhelpful. The food from the restaurant, which they're clearly proud of, is mystifyingly bad, strongly reminiscent of those airline attempts at gourmet cuisine where clearly immense trouble has been put into deeply unappetising food.

It's really hard to write a critical review on here without coming across as petty, but although
this hotel is no hellhole, it's been a tedious, irritating experience.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Hlasko
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at the Radisson Petra for a business trip at the end of November into early December. Apparently there were a few large conventions happening at the same time so we had a lot of trouble finding a hotel. The Radisson Petra was relatively new so we took a gamble on the location.
The design of this hotel is very nice. The lobby area near check-in has some really interesting styling details, but they are wasted because of the poor set-up. If only they could rearrange things a little, I think they would have a much cooler lounge space similar to that of the W Santiago lobby in appeal.
The rooms were nicely appointed and styled, but the bathroom was a little iffy. I felt uncomfortable inviting any of my co-workers to stop by my room for fears that I would need to use the bathroom. Why? Well, first, there is no bathroom door. The toilet has its own stall sort of glass door, but it is not fully enclosed so its basically like using the toilet in the open.
The breakfasts were very good here, and the manager of the restaurant was ridiculously friendly and helpful. The fresh squeezed juices are still talked about...raspberry, strawberry, chirimoya...amazing.
We had a few mishaps here as well. My co-workers and I both experienced pushy housekeeping. Despite having the "Do Not Disturb" tags on our door, they would enter anyways and clean...on more than one occasion. Another mishap involved wake up calls. One day my call came an hour early. Another day it came 25 minutes late. The last mishap involved a co-worker's laptop being stolen from the bag room (or sometime in between the bag room and the lobby counter).
The short and sweet

Pros
nicely designed
friendly and accommodating restaurant
good value

Cons
location. If you have to rely on taxis, this could be a big issue
little nightlife
exposed bathrooms

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santiago
Renaissance Santiago Hotel
Courtyard Santiago Las Condes
Grand Hyatt Santiago
#41 of 198 in Santiago
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,970 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Santiago La Dehesa? Share your experiences!