“Nice stay at a relaxing hostel”
Review of H Rado Hostel

H Rado Hostel
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights here on my way south. Very clean and tidy hostel with a friendly feel to it, staff were great spoke English really well. Not much atmosphere to the place felt more like a hotel for me and was a bit expensive. I would stay here again if I come back through Santiago.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I stayed here for 6 nights in a 6 bed female room in early January. It turned out to be one of my favorite hostels in all of my travels. I flew in early morning from San Pedro, so I wasn’t able to check in right away, but was able to store my bag and head out to explore. When I did check in much later that night, I was still able to get the bottom bunk I had requested, because the guy at the front had made a note in the system. Small detail, but I really appreciated that!

It’s a tall, narrow building, with a small front entrance, so it’s easy to pass it. It’s also quite secure – front desk has to buzz you in and out every time you enter/leave. But there is always someone sitting there, so it’s never an issue, and I liked knowing how secure the place was.

The whole place looks very modern, it’s decorated very well. They were in the process of installing AC in the rooms. In the meantime, we had huge fans in our room that blocked out any street noise from the open windows, and it was never too hot. If you can’t sleep with white noise, you will not like that. I, on the other hand, slept like a baby.

Front desk staff was awesome. I dealt with Christian (I think?) and a woman, who’s name I never did get (apologies!), but both were awesome. I always had 100 questions, and they always had the answers. So helpful.

Room access is via a swipe card. The lockers are huge. I travel with a small backpack, but I saw some putting their suitcases in with no issues. Bring your own lock. The ensuite bathroom was large and clean. There was always hot water, and the pressure in the shower was great. Towels are not provided, but I think you can rent one. I had my own, so cannot comment. The Wi-Fi worked really well, both in the rooms, and in the common areas. The beds were big, sturdy, comfortable, and the bedding was clean. The room itself was quite spacious. I never felt like I was climbing over other people, or their things, to get around. If the bathroom was busy, there is a common bathroom on each floor.

Breakfast is served on the top floor in the kitchen. The kitchen and common area is big, all open concept. When you go to breakfast, there will be a place set with juice, yogurt and fresh fruit (already cut up for you). There will be ham and cheese platters on the table. From there, you get your own toast, cereal and coffee/tea.

The outdoor section of the common area has a huge patio, seating, a grill, and awesome views of the neighborhood. The indoor section of the common area has a foosball table, lots of seating, a big TV, and access to satellite radio, so you can play whatever kind of music you like. It’s a fantastic set up for socializing and hanging out before going out.

Speaking of going out, this place is in the most perfect location. The area is full of clubs, bars, pubs, restaurants – whatever you want. It’s such a lively area, and comes alive even more, every night. The nearest subway (Baquedano) is about a 3 minute walk.

The atmosphere of this hostel, the building itself, the staff, the price, the location – all of it – made for an amazing time in Santiago. I loved the city, so I will definitely go back. And when I do, I won’t even look elsewhere, I’ll head straight for Rado.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank NurseBackpacker
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

The hostel itself is good, big, very clean, has a nice roof top terace, a bug and well equiped kitchen and big common areas.

But it doesn't feel like a hostel it's more a hotel. The "staff" is really just like a receptionist in a hotel but doesn't tell you anything about Santiago, what to do or where to go. Moreover the whole building is more like a hotel but not a place to hangout or meet people.

It's located in Bellavista district where on the weekends is party time, so if you don't like noise in the night don't come here it can get very loud. But the "hostel" thus is located very close to some nice restaurants, bars and clubs.

It depends what you are searching for: party = yes, calm place to meet and talk to people = no.
But very clean and all basiscs you need.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Excellent location, always clean and organized. People friendly and always ready to help. Perfect view from the rooftop. Great place to know people and make new friends. The location is near some good restaurants and bars. I recommend it.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2016

Firstly, the location is amazing. It's close to the party area( Patio Bellavista), subway and Bario Bellavista. The service is great and very well organized. The breakfast is great too though simple. The rooms closer to the street are very noisy so if you are a light sleeper you will be up early. The place is very safe and had big lockers in the dorm room which could fit my 55L backpack and a few more things. The view from the terrace is AMAZING!!!
Overall, I would stay here again and worth the money!

Room Tip: get a room away from the street. The upper bunk beds don't have plug points.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Samhita S
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Superfriendly warm staff. Perfect location in Bellavista. The breakfast was outstanding. I booked this hostel by coincidence and found out afterwards that it was the best choice you can make in Santiago. Wifi works good. Rooftop is cozy and modern. A bit more expensive like other hostels but these couple of pesos are worth it!! All in all a Must if you go to Santiago. Thank you Christian for the nice support on the booking of tours, hostels and bus rides.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Raeid M
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

This hostel is great and was the best hostel I stayed in during my 2 week trip to Chile. The rooms and bathrooms are all new and very clean. Breakfast was very good and the views from the 4th floor rooftop are incredible! Staff was very kind and helpful as well, definitely would recommend this place.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple