All reviewsyogurtprivate roomstreet noiseplug socketsnice balconyroof terracestayed here for nightsbathroomfussballpesos
Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at, had a private room, the reception humans were epic, friendly and spoke amazing English. We had a midnight flight an we could stay in the hostel in the common area until we needed to go to the airport at 9pm including using the showers.

The free breakfast was great too.

Highly recommend, at the time of writing this hostel was rated the 3rd best in all of Latin America.

Lots of awesome artwork everywhere too

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights and found it comfortably in the top 3 hostels we have stayed at this year (Penthouse, Bariloche. & Gaulicho, Puerto Madryn).

Good points: modern property, well equipments kitchen and bathrooms, towels provided, fusball table, awesome roof terrace, BBQ night for 5000 pesos, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast of toast, yogurt, cheese, ham, fresh fruit, juice and coffee was great. Having coffee available to drink any time of the day was much appreciated. The beds are incredible wide for single beds! The price considering what you get and being in the capital City.

Areas for improvement:
Plug sockets made available for 'Top bunkers'
I would also loose the affiliation with the taxi company that you recommend offer to transport guests from the hostel to the airport for a fixed price of 16'000 pesos. As our taxi never showed at 5am, and we were informed that this wasn't the first time this had happened. When we then flagged a taxi down to take us, this ended up costing a total of 14'000. Whilst I appreciate this is in no way your fault at H Rado, I feel you should partner with a taxi company that is as reliable and well ran as your business.

Thoroughly enjoyed our time and would stay again. Best Regards

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2017 via mobile

H. Rado was a great choice for accom in Santiago. Location in the Bellavista close to great restaurants and clubs but also walking distance to the CBD and San Cristobal Hill. Great wifi throughout, dorm room was clean with comfy bed, large locker and fine bathroom facilities. Air con worked a treat throughout hostel. Bed was made daily and linen was very clean. Breakfast in the morning was provided with a kitchen staff member on hand to set ur table and even clean up after you! Communal area very spacious and well equipped. Only thing to fault it on was the noise from Pio Nono. Loud buskers, drumming, music from the clubs, dogs barking, people talking and traffic. If windows were double glazed it wouldn't have mattered. Bring ear plugs or perhaps request a room on the other side of the hostel, not along the street if ur a light sleeper. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights here on my way south. Very clean and tidy hostel with a friendly feel to it, staff were great spoke English really well. Not much atmosphere to the place felt more like a hotel for me and was a bit expensive. I would stay here again if I come back through Santiago.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2017

I stayed here for 6 nights in a 6 bed female room in early January. It turned out to be one of my favorite hostels in all of my travels. I flew in early morning from San Pedro, so I wasn’t able to check in right away, but was able to store my bag and head out to explore. When I did check in much later that night, I was still able to get the bottom bunk I had requested, because the guy at the front had made a note in the system. Small detail, but I really appreciated that!

It’s a tall, narrow building, with a small front entrance, so it’s easy to pass it. It’s also quite secure – front desk has to buzz you in and out every time you enter/leave. But there is always someone sitting there, so it’s never an issue, and I liked knowing how secure the place was.

The whole place looks very modern, it’s decorated very well. They were in the process of installing AC in the rooms. In the meantime, we had huge fans in our room that blocked out any street noise from the open windows, and it was never too hot. If you can’t sleep with white noise, you will not like that. I, on the other hand, slept like a baby.

Front desk staff was awesome. I dealt with Christian (I think?) and a woman, who’s name I never did get (apologies!), but both were awesome. I always had 100 questions, and they always had the answers. So helpful.

Room access is via a swipe card. The lockers are huge. I travel with a small backpack, but I saw some putting their suitcases in with no issues. Bring your own lock. The ensuite bathroom was large and clean. There was always hot water, and the pressure in the shower was great. Towels are not provided, but I think you can rent one. I had my own, so cannot comment. The Wi-Fi worked really well, both in the rooms, and in the common areas. The beds were big, sturdy, comfortable, and the bedding was clean. The room itself was quite spacious. I never felt like I was climbing over other people, or their things, to get around. If the bathroom was busy, there is a common bathroom on each floor.

Breakfast is served on the top floor in the kitchen. The kitchen and common area is big, all open concept. When you go to breakfast, there will be a place set with juice, yogurt and fresh fruit (already cut up for you). There will be ham and cheese platters on the table. From there, you get your own toast, cereal and coffee/tea.

The outdoor section of the common area has a huge patio, seating, a grill, and awesome views of the neighborhood. The indoor section of the common area has a foosball table, lots of seating, a big TV, and access to satellite radio, so you can play whatever kind of music you like. It’s a fantastic set up for socializing and hanging out before going out.

Speaking of going out, this place is in the most perfect location. The area is full of clubs, bars, pubs, restaurants – whatever you want. It’s such a lively area, and comes alive even more, every night. The nearest subway (Baquedano) is about a 3 minute walk.

The atmosphere of this hostel, the building itself, the staff, the price, the location – all of it – made for an amazing time in Santiago. I loved the city, so I will definitely go back. And when I do, I won’t even look elsewhere, I’ll head straight for Rado.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo