6 people are viewing this hotel
BionicBuk
Arlington, Virginia

Great stay at Sheraton Santiago

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 3, 2020
I had 2 separate stays at the Sheraton Santiago over a 2-week period for 3 nights. Both stays were great and met by professional staff to include front desk and concierge teams.

The front desk thanked me for my titanium elite status with an upgrade to what’s considered the Tower portion of the property. Looks slightly newer, I am assuming because I did not see the other side of the property.

The 1bd king suite and 2bd is very nice, both appear to be fairly modern with the classic Sheraton decorations. Standard amenities included, the room was clean and comfortable.

The breakfast is in an open-air space on the opposite side of the pool and is quite nice. The place does get busy and can be difficult to get a server’s attention for fresh coffee. Food options include multiple hot plates, omelet station, meats/cheese and many other traditional buffet items.

The concierge helped me several with routes and ideas to tour the city. Everything was spot on. Plenty of things to do within walking or metro distance. They sell stamps to mail postcards for 1,000 pesos per card, you need 2 stamps and they mail mid-day. So helpful.

The 21 floor is the club lounge that starts from 11-8 maybe? I never made while it was open but the view is quite nice. No water or small snacks after hours which seems silly. Bottled water is always a nice gesture.

Lots of options and extras here. They are definitely catering to corporate events. The restaurant looks decent and the bar is sleek. While it looks aged, I found my stay to be enjoyable and very close to city attractions. The other Marriott properties are in the new city, with very good restaurants but more expensive and less cultural things to see.

If Sheraton Santiago can keep the current standard and continue renovations as needed... I think it’s a worthwhile place for 20,000 points or $150ish.
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
    C$176
5.2 km from Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center
View more hotels in Santiago
2,623 results
All reviews lobby bar pool area is concierge desk chilli cid uber
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2020

Imagine our surprise when we checked in after an overnight flight (7:00AM) and were told our room was ready. The room was sufficient but only had a shower which was fine with us. We overlooked the pool, gardens and mountains. Our complementary breakfast was a buffet but the omelet station was fine. Slow service regarding coffee service. We also had dinner at their restaurant (Chilean Sea Bass) was fine and service excellent.

2  Thank BuckeyeNana
Reviewed January 24, 2020

We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality and service at the Santiago Hilton. We stayed there on a 4 day break before joining a cruise in San Antonio. Our club room was on the 19th floor of the tower with great views over the city to the Andes mountains. The location of the hotel is good for access to the city and the mountains and the tourist open top bus stops outside. The cable car and vehicular railway are walkable distances away. The food and drinks were excellent and not over priced. The only slight negative was that the lovely swimming pool could have been a bit warmer. This is one of the best city hotels we have stayed in.

Room tip: High room in the tower ideally not looking over the main road below.
2  Thank cricketman100
Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

Stayed for two nights as stop over before Punta Arenas- good location and spot on for Hop on hop off bus tour.

Rooms are not large but beds very comfortable, our room had a shower so if you want a bath this may not be for you.

Breakfast was a buffet in restaurant by the pool.

Staff all very friendly and happy to help.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank peakdistricttravel
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Hotel & location is good, breakfast was fine but avoid everything else...
Concierge service was poor: 1) I asked how I could get to the cable car of San Cristobal. He recommended taxi when in fact its just a nice and safe 15 min walk. We Walked!
2) Restaurant: I checked in and asked where I could have a good, quick lunch - he led me to Coco, the most expensive one in the neighborhood!
3) Taxi: I asked for a Taxi and they arranged for one at CLP25K to airport on a Sunday morning. The taxi was twice the cost of local taxis and turns out the car is owned by Sheraton!!. They wanted payment in advance! A sign at the entrance states one can pay taxi fares thru hotel bill. A local taxi would have been half the cost. Even airport prepay taxi charges are lower!
4) I asked how I could get to Bahai Temple by local transportation and he recommend a tour or taxi. Bus 516 from Tobalaba station takes you to the base of the temple. Shouldn't they know this or are they so damn focused on snatching that extra buck!
5) Their happy hour is the skimpiest one I've ever seen. Not even beer!

Room tip: Choose a higher floor room in the tower section
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank girgiso
Reviewed December 29, 2019

I stayed here Oct 25 & 26, 2019. The hotel was very nice, the rooms clean & comfortable. The staff was friendly, professional and knowledgeable. The hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants, shops and attractions but because many things were closed due to the civil unrest I primarily ate at the hotel and the food at breakfast and the poolside buffets were excellent. Thanks to the concierge who was very helpful in mapping out areas that were safe to visit I was able to get out and walk seeing some of the neghborhoods and enjoying parts of Santiago including Santiago Metropolitan Park, San Cristobal hill and the cable cars. I would like to thank the entire staff for making my visit a pleasant one during a difficult time.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank 645joe
PatriciaM10521, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

Dear 645joe,

Thank you for your nice comments about our property, and most importantly, about our staff! It is a pleasure knowing we made you feel at home during your stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for an upcoming stay.
It will be a pleasure to host you once again.

Kind regards,