Lock in the lowest price from these sites
1,413 results
All reviews central location decent size nice hotel bottled water walked everywhere small balcony two blocks wi fi uber
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2023 via mobile

Old style hotel with quite dated rooms haphazardly modernised in places. Nice large bed. Tv didn’t work. Slow lifts. Average breakfast. Almost no English spoken. Good central location. But not bad value. Despite other comments here the area seemed ok, or at least no different to most other parts of Santiago.

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2023

This hotel has a fairly decent quality of service - a good free breakfast is provided, it's not too expensive, and the room was fairly large and clean. The internet is reasonably fast and I even had a small balcony.

However, the major drawbacks on this hotel for me are twofold - firstly, the hotel is right in the middle of downtown Santiago. That might seem like a perk, but for me it was the opposite. It's quite a dangerous area, especially at night, with muggers and pickpocketers being quite common here. Coming back to the hotel every night, I only really felt safe once I could see the hotel - which is also not that easy to spot.

In fact, one night I did in fact get mugged and my phone and wallet were stolen - no more than three blocks away from the hotel! The reception did try to help me, but here is the other drawback for me - almost none of the staff spoke English. Those that did spoke very little, which it very difficult to communicate what had happened and how I wanted them to help me.

Overall, it's a nice hotel with fairly reasonable prices, but as I said before, those two drawbacks mean I won't use this hotel again. Still, if you're Spanish is good and you're set on staying in central Santiago, you might consider staying at this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2022

Hotel was ok, beds were nice but bathroom was not properly cleaned (quite a few hairs left in the sink/ shower). I would however not recommend to stay in this area, no shops/restaurants were open nearby and I got robbed two blocks away from the hotel. Obviously not the fault of the hotel but for the sake of fellow international travellers I'd recommend staying elsewhere while in Santiago.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2020 via mobile

We enjoy a nice stay.The room was very pleasant.Breakfast also was good.
The hotel has central localization and we enjoy walking and shopping.The staff is very kind and helpful chiefly take care luggage.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank José S
Pedro F, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Panamericano, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community, we always take into account the comments of our guests to continue improving our service every day. We are glad to know that our attention and service were to your liking and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back next time.

Reviewed March 5, 2020

The hotel was charming with the feeling of a small, convenient and well managed place to stay. Our room was lovely; the bath, a perfect size,;and the breakfast room, an array of tables of delicious items. The personnel answered all our questions about a tour of the city, provided advice and maps, and were very accommodating in calling a cab we had previously booked,

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank patriciaulku
Pedro F, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Panamericano, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2020

Dear Customer,

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are glad to know that our attention was to your liking, we work every day to offer the best service to all our customers. We are pleased to know that your experience in our hotel was excellent and we hope to see you again very soon.