“Solid”

Cuisines: Chilean, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Las Condes
Description: The best Basque Cuisine restaurant in Santiago. Over 40 years entertaining customers from all over the world.
Reviewed December 20, 2017

On each trip to Santiago, I end up having at least one meal here - even though I'm more interested to get to know interesting new venues.

Pinpilinpausha has been a rock solid place to go to for since I remember, and while they claim to serve Basque cuisine, I think there's a strong Chilean seafood element.

We had the congrio and a salad for lunch here, as well as a lucuma cake for dessert, all of which came excellently prepared. The waiting staff are a very well trained group, most of whom have worked there for many years.

I'm giving this four stars, because I have not noticed any remarkable change in the menu in many years (which may also be a good thing), and I'll likely be back again next time I'm in Santiago.

1  Thank SAmTrax

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

Recommended by the RC concierge, we had a delightful meal for a Monday in Santiago. The food is quite nice, including the stuffed peppers and the Serrano ham starters. The paella was lovely. Lots of fish, shellfish and other goodies and more than my wife and I could consume. (A rarity). Good cocktails, nice wine list and many choices round our a good menu. I would definitely go back. It might be a bit old fashioned for some BUT I found it delightful

1  Thank 144ernieb
Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

I had a dinner with my business partner. It's very good location near Costanera center and the staff was very kind. The taste good.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

Went there for lunch. Sat outside with a bottle of champagne and had fantastic appetizers! The cost to food/service ratio was very reasonable.

2  Thank Evan R
Reviewed November 19, 2017

I've been to Don Carlos a few times and like it - although it is not the best Steakhouse in Santiago and there are many. Nicely located and often open when others are not.