All reviews rooftop bar boutique hotel deluxe room art deco building modern lift glass floor deep bath park opposite great hotel boutique style lastarria district chilli large bathroom bathroom door tallest building our honeymoon travel agent
Reviewed November 17, 2018

This was the first hotel we stayed at during our recent trip to Chile and Argentina. Frankly, our experience was disappointing. It was not my personal choice rather part of the tour package we bought from our travel agent back in Sydney.

The room: As many TA reviewers have pointed out, the rooms are small so you have to be quite creative with where you put your luggage. I ended putting my suitcase in the bathroom because that was the only space for it! Because of the design of the building, the only window is in the bathroom which is not ideal. Drainage in the bathtub was really poor so you end up showering in a puddle of soapy water. Cleanliness was average as bathroom floor was grimey.

Service: The level of service was OK. Not exactly delivered with warmth and smiles but adequate. My one gripe was that on the first day, I was sleeping off my jetlag (and my partner was having a shower) when I got woken up abruptly by the housekeeping guy entering the room to deliver the nightly chocolates. I didn't hear him knocking (if he did) so it gave me quite a fright. Worse still, he didn't apologise or back off. When I said that I didn't want to have the chocolates, he started to engage me in conversation about how they are complimentary etc. It was just so inappropriate and he didn't seem to get that it's actually quite disconcerting to have someone enter the room when you are asleep.

Breakfast: Breakfast was reasonable but nothing to write home about. I liked the yoghurt and the fact that they offered muesli and fruit. There was even soy milk available which is rare in hotels in Chile as I was to discover. They do eggs differently in South America so when you order scrambled eggs and ham, they will chop up the ham and incorporate it into the eggs. Something to be aware of.

Location: OK, so location was mainly why I rated this hotel 3 out of 5. We were told what a great area it was but for the life of me, I don't see why. We took a walk around the block on our first night and the neighbourhood had a grungey, edgey and unsafe vibe about it. It reminded me of Kings Cross in Sydney which is an undesirable area. I just don't get the appeal. The were only fast food outlets close by and no nice cafes or restaurants that I could see. In retrospect, Providencia would have suited us so much better.

All in all, this hotel wasn't our cup of tea although from looking at other TA reviews, it might suit others.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
rg l, Gerente at Luciano K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Luciano K Hotel for your recent stay in Santiago.

Sorry that we weren't the hotel you expected in some aspects. We wish to have the chance to receive you again and offer you a better service.

Really good that you have enjoyed your breakfast at our restaurant, this is a invitation to keep giving the good service and the quality of our food.

About our location: We're located in a traditional area full of good bar, restaurants, cultural centers, and the majority of our guests prefer us for that reason. The Lastarria area is recognized specially because counts with really good restaurants and it is between seven and ten minutes walking distance away. Patio Bella Vista is another area filled with nice restaurants and places to visit during the entire day even at nigh. We hope to receive you again ta have the chance to show you the benefits to stay in this area.

Operation Manager

Reviewed November 10, 2018

We arrived here at 2:00am after delayed flights and were greeted by an empathetic and friendly staff member. Reaching our room we were greeted by fresh flowers, a cheese platter and chilled champagne. Ahthough we were too exhausted to enjoy we felt very welcome. Breakfast was included in a quiet restaurant overlooking the street with a wide choice and my medical requirement for gluten free food was carefully met. A restaurant/bar on the rooftop was available for lunch and dinner. Here I had the most incredible gluten free desserts during my whole 6 weeks in South America. We had a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the street, park and fountain. It was spacious and delightfully quirky and stylish. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room tip: Upper floor, front room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
rg l, Gerente at Luciano K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your positive comments from our hotel and for everything you have said about our service, we greatly appreciate to know that you have received a boutique service and most of all that you have enjoyed it.

Our staff is happy to know that you liked our service and your desserts carefully made for you.

In the name of our entire team it is an honor to have you as our guest and we hope that on your next visit to our city we will be your first choice again.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

This was the last stop at the end of a two and half weeks tour of Patagonia. To be honest, it was a bit disappointing after a superb trip to that point.
Room was on the small side and needed a refresh - a bit scuffed - but quirky architecture was interesting. Roof top terrace was not how it looks on website but was OK. Food was OK but service a bit slow and bored. Breakfast was underwhelming.
Both transfer guide and then hotel reception (which was a bit military - no smiles or thank yous, just paperwork) emphasised not to walk around in the area late at night and to take extra care and this drove us to eat in rather than explore.

rg l, Gerente at Luciano K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Chris and Sarah,

First of all, thank you very much for staying in our Hotel.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience you have had during your stay. Please receive our deepest apologies. We will give the best use to your comments to improve our service and attention for you and all our visitors in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2018

The amazing atmosphere that is felt in this hotel is driven in part by the beautiful decor but a larger component are the staff who work in reception. We were greeted by Pierre who has a great sense of humour and lots of energy. He provided clear advice about Santiago in This he was supported by Daniel who also met us at reception and took our bags up to the room. There is a great bar on the roof to let you look over the city. We couldnt spend much time up there as there was a function on for th first part of thr evening but later it was avaliable. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The art deco is fantastic. We had a very early check out to catch a flight to Colombia but breakfastbwas ready for us and the staff made sure we had enough food before heading to the airport. A great hotel.

Room tip: Avoid top floor just below the bar
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
rg l, Gerente at Luciano K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2018

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for choosing Luciano K Hotel for your stay in Santiago. On behalf of all our team thank you for your kind review. This is really important for us and we really appreciate it. We're so happy that you enjoyed your nights in our city in that way!

Our Front Desk team wants to thank you for your opinions, are always appreciated to keep doing it well.

It was a pleasure for us to welcome you to our hotel and make your stay pleasanty. Hope to have you here in your next trip to Santiago.

Luciano K

Reviewed October 23, 2018

We loved this hotel for it's wonderful room and bathroom. Deep bath and wide bed with comfy sofa. Perfect after the rigours of climbing Cerro San Cristobal and soaking up the street and museum culture. The roof terrace is a delight with views of the Lastarria district. The breakakfast was superb, fruit, yogurt, breads and delights. The most delicious poached and scrambled eggs and bacon my family declared they had ever eaten.

Room tip: We were upgraded so not possible to say. I suppose the higher up the more tranquil. Away from the lift maybe.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
rg l, Gerente at Luciano K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2018

Dear, guest.

Thank you for choosing Luciano K Hotel for your recent stay in Santiago. On behalf of all our team thank you for your positive review. Is really important for us to know that our work done for you is going in the correct direction.

It has been a pleasure for us to welcome you to our hotel and make your stay pleasanty. Hope you to keep us in mind for your next trip to Santiago.

Luciano K