B&B La Nona
Hotel Fauna(Valparaiso)
US$97
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$228
US$118
US$112
  • Breakfast included
Casa Galos Hotel & Lofts(Valparaiso)
US$132
US$100
US$60
US$173
  • Breakfast included
ViaVia Hotel Valparaiso(Valparaiso)(Great Value!)
US$53
Hotel 17(Valparaiso)
US$121
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstwin daughterscasablanca valleyhomemade yogurtfamily homesalamithe ownerimmediate vicinitywine tourcold meatschillilocation is greatstayed for two nightscoffee teashort walkrenecarolinahosts
Reviewed January 15, 2016

La Nona was a fantastic hostel and B&B in Valparaiso. The host, Rene, is amazing, very friendly and helpful, and speaks very good english.

The location is in a quieter area, but easily walkable to restaurants and the downtown/port area.

The hostel itself has a great patio area if the weather is nice, and a kitchen. Breakfast is included and was one of the better breakfasts we had on our trip through Chile. Rene even catered to individual preferences and there was plenty to eat.

My girlfriend and I shared a double room with private ensuite, which was clean and comfortable, with reliable wifi.

Rene also offers pick-up/drop-off service for a very reasonable price.

We highly recommend La Nona for anyone looking for budget accommodation in Valparaiso.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2015

It ain't the Ritz, but the La Nona is a super-friendly place to stay in a well-located B&B on Cerro Alegre. Rene (who speaks good English and is very knowledgeable), his wife, mother, and twin daughters are kind-hearted and caring. I attended an excellent wine-tasting session there, and Rene was able to provide transport himself when taxis flaked out on him (not an unusual occurrence in Valpo).

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2015 via mobile

It's like staying with your Chilean brother you haven't known before. Welcoming, nice, all the advice you need to get the best of your stay in enchanting Valparaiso. We stayed here for 4 nights and loved every minute of it. Highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2015

I was recommended this B&B by a friend, and after reading many reviews of this place, I decided it must be wonderful despite the somewhat expensive price. I will say that for the price we paid, I expected more. I know that it is not fair to compare this place to a hotel in a different country, but I paid almost the same price per night for a hotel in Colombia which had far more amenities.

There was no soap provided in the shower, which is something I expect if I am paying half this price for a hostel.

I have stayed at several other B&Bs in many different countries and usually there is a variety of food and at least some of it differs from day to day. We had the exact same breakfast every day, and it was somewhat lacking in my opinion. I was very disappointed in this as I was really looking forward to the breakfast, and was no impressed.

Pros:
- Comfortable
- Clean
- Safe
- Well located
- Mostly quiet
- Hosts that really know the city

Cons:
- Thin walls
- Messy kitchen
- Very repetitive and somewhat lackluster breakfast
- No soap provided in the shower

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
267rene72, Owner at B&B La Nona, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2015

Catherine,

We are sorry to hear that your stay was not reflective of the fantastic service we
strive for!
We are sad to hear that you were so disatisfied and uncomfortable with the service we
provided you, because my family live in the B&B, our home, trying to make it a nice,
This information is written in our hostelworld description and our own website, for you to read before you make a reservation: “this is not a hotel"

If you got some problems like soap and breakfast, why didn´t you say anything during the breakfast. By the way the breakfast description is written in our web site and is the same every day (The B&B has one fully equipped kitchen with coffee available all day, microwave oven, toasters, and a firewood stove. We make your breakfast between 09:00 and 11:00 in the morning and consists of fresh fruit salad, wheat bran, natural yogurth, white & brown toasted bread, two kinds of homemade marmelades, salamis, sliced cheese, thikly sliced turkey, Colombian coffee/tea, butter and milk) We doný offer diferents breakfasts.

About the price, USD 42,00 per room per night with private bathroom and breakfast is fine, is not expensive.

Best Regards
Rene Olivera G

Reviewed August 8, 2015

I highly recommend "LA Nona". I spent 7days there while attending Spanish school in Valparaiso. I had the opportunity to visit Valparaiso a couple of weeks before my week of Spanish study, during which time I checked out several hostals on Cerro Alegre. I was very happy with my decision to stay at " LA Nona". It is in a good location. My room with private bath was very clean, warm, and comfortable. The breakfast was good. I had use of the kitchen for preparing other meals. Most importantly, the family who run the hostal are very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Rene speaks excellent English, and his mother, la Nona, provided many opportunities for me to practice my Spanish. This hostal is an excellent choice for travelers interested in immersing themselves in the Chilean culture.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo