US$126
Hilton.com
  • Pool
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Hostal Quito Cultural(Quito)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$39
US$85
US$80
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

US$450
US$360
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$413/night.

US$100
US$83
Casa El Eden(Quito)
US$161
1,835 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecelebrity cruisebistro latinosmoothie barla haciendayellow cabseparate showerbreakfast buffetlobby barbeautiful hotelflower arrangementsgalapagos islandsbusiness centerold townbottled waterrooms are spaciousstayed here for two nights
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Go to the Holiday Inn across the street instead (I stayed at both), it has free wi-fi, free business center, a wonderful free breakfast, gorgeous rooms and friendly staff!

As for this Marriott, the front desk was friendly and the building itself is beautiful. However, I prepaid through Expedia.com and that included free breakfast. When we checked out, they charged us $40 for breakfast because I didn't have printed out proof that we had vouchers! It's literally $3 for 2 people to eat breakfast anywhere else in Quito. I would've printed it, but it costs $4 to use their computers!

I finally printed it out, brought it back and asked them to refund me the money. They tried to give me "Marriott points" instead which aren't worth much. I insisted on the money back and they said it won't show up on my credit card for 3 months.

That was just the first issue. The worst was that I prepaid for my parents as well, but their flight got delayed. So I told the front desk when I checked in to hold their room and not cancel it. The guy brushed me off and nodded yes like he understood. Well when my parents got there the next day, they said there was no reservation and that "Expedia.com must've pulled the reservation when they didn't show up." So not only did I have to pay for those two nights, but they made me pay for yet another night. No refunds. So that was one night for the price of three. They tried to make us pay for breakfast AGAIN even though the front desk who booked it said breakfast was included. Glad my father put his foot down so we didn't get charged.

Terrible terrible terrible customer service. I will never stay at a Marriott again.

On a side note, the beds were also hard as bricks.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank TippyCanoeTraveler
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My spouse and I stayed at the JW Marriott Quito for two nights in mid-February 2011 prior to a Celebrity Xpedition cruise to the Galapagos and again for one night in late-February 2011 after our cruise. So much has been written about this hotel that I'm not sure that I have much new information to share, so I’ll just focus on some of the things that I haven’t read before. Windows in the rooms open (or a small part of the large window opens), so you can get fresh air in your room. No beer is served on Sundays in either the bars or the restaurants; however, you can have alcohol delivered to your room via room service to “skirt the issue”. Smoking is permitted in the lobby bar and outside the main entrance. The breakfast buffet is rather extensive, as others have said, and if you want a Diet Coke or something that you don’t see on the buffet, just order it - we didn’t have to pay extra for a few carbonated beverages at breakfast. Although we reserved a suite on the cruise, we weren’t placed on the executive/concierge level in this hotel; however, all the suite passengers seemed to be located together in the hotel on a high floor with views of the swimming pool.The rooms were spacious, as were the bathrooms, with separate standing shower and soaking tub. This is a nice Western-style hotel, and foreigners need not worry about feeling comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed at the JW Marriott twice this summer on our way to the Galapagos and then again for a tour of Ecuador. I thought it was a wonderful choice. This hotel is not up to the usual JW standards you will find in Europe or the US, but it was very nice for the area. The local drivers told us the hotel was one of the very best choices in Quito. Standard rooms were fine - about what you would expect of a regular Marriott, but if you can upgrade to suite on the 10th floor ... it is certainly worth the extra charge. We only paid a little extra to move to a suite with club access. Views from the higher floors are great - city lights at night and we could see the snow-capped mountain during the day. Be sure to request a room with a view, even if you do not opt for a suite. The 9th floor club lounge has a little patio area that is a nice spot to enjoy a drink or quick bite to eat. The food quality in the main lower level restaurant and room service was okay, but nothing was great. Again, this property is not JW quality. If you expect Marriott/Hilton type of general fare, you will not be too disappointed. The service at the hotel can be a bit slow, but the staff members were friendly, helpful and always professional with us. The concierge staff arranged special tours for us that were really inexpensive (private cars, English speaking drivers) and most enjoyable. No need to take the group tours! We also got help from the staff to have oxygen tanks delivered to our room upon arrival to help with the altitude the first night. There is not a physician requirement in Quito and you can just request the oxygen for a slight charge. The city and surrounding areas were a treasure to see. Certainly anyone traveling to the popular Galapagos Islands should add a few extra days to spend in Ecuador. if we were traveling back to Quito, we would select this hotel again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Opt for a 10th floor suite, if you can.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Quito just one night before flying to the Galapagos the next day. Although we weren't there long enough to enjoy many of the hotel's ammenities, we were so impressed with the friendly staff and professional setting. The employees spoke excellent English and made us feel instantly welcome. The lobby was full of gorgeous, fresh flower arrangements, and the gentleman waiting to take our luggage to our room presented me with a long-stem rose from one of the arrangements while we were checking in; a sweet touch!
Our brief stay included a full breakfast buffet that offered a great variety of standard fare and more unique fruits and pastries. We would absolutely stay here again and recommend to anyone looking for accommodations in Quito.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This is the best Marriott Hotel I have stayed. The rooms are very comfortable and luxurious. The public spaces, large gym, sauna, bars, restaurants etc were superb. The service was also excellent - a genuine welcome. Helpful and friendly manner from every member of staff I met or spoke to. Excellent.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business