US$119
US$75
US$94
US$67
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$189
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
1,822 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecelebrity cruisebistro latinosmoothie barla haciendayellow cabbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelseparate showerlobby barflower arrangementsgalapagos islandsbusiness centerold townrooms are spaciousbottled waterrose
Reviewed December 9, 2011

While in Quito for a 2-week business trip I stayed at the Torres de Suites, an apartment type offering connected to and directly behind the Marriott - perfect for the business traveler wanting something more home-like than a hotel room. My one-bedroom apartment offered a complete kitchen (stove/oven, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, and needed plates/utensils), stacked efficiency washer/dryer, wi-fi, and a nice walk-in closet with organizers. You can take advantage of room service from the Marriott with their usual excellent service. The apt is cleaned daily with fresh linens and towels. There are several shops and restaurants in the Marriott is you don't want to explore the city after work. While the furnishings may not be up to those offered in the main hotel suites, for the price and amenities I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank grannietravel
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Our stay at the Marriott was wonderful! The hotel is beautiful, filled with huge, fresh floral arrangements. The staff was extremely accommodating. They arranged for one of their drivers to take us on a tour of the area since we wanted to explore rather than doing a formal tour. He was a wonderful companion and we felt like we received the the insiders scoop. We even walked to the local coffee shop where he buys his beans.
After all of our traveling, I had a stiff neck and found relief from a massage in their spa.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

After a 7 day medical mission in amazonia, I was giddy to be welcomed into the J-dub Quito for a cold-turkey return to civilization. Nobody does it as well as Marriott. No matter where you are in the world, you'll always get the same excellent service and facilities. One real bonus of this hotel is the hotel-owned taxi/shuttle service....no screwing around with the local cabbies.

Room Tip: You can go a lot cheaper than Marriott in Quito, but the quality falls off fast.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RobPlank
Germanico B, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Dear Guest:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing us.
We are truly glad, you had the excellence service level that you deserve,We work hard and effectively to keep our high standard levels. Our goal is to make you feel satisfied.

thank you so much once again,and we look forward to serve you again soon.

Regards,

JW Marriott Quito Ecuador

Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel was a lovely surprise. I learned that the rose capital of the world is in the highlands of Ecuador, and this hotel showcased countless varieties everywhere, including your own room. I learned that it's lovely all year round in Quito and it doesn't snow like one might imagine in the at such high altitude. I think about the tasty potato soup served in the main dining room, locras de papas, and have been searching for it ever since my trip. The pool area was wonderful if a bit cool. The atrium was full of light and thirst-quenching drinks to sample passing through. The location was perfect as we walked to parks, malls and our Spanish School. A $3 taxi ride will take you to the old town or the aquarium.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Germanico B, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear Guest:

First of all I would like to thank you for such a gracious comments,and for taking the time to write us, we truly appreciate them. We are glad you had a nice stay. This will make us go higher
in keeping high levels of excellence.

Look forward to serving you again soon.

Sincerely yours,

JW Marriott Quito Ecuador

Reviewed November 27, 2011

We have stayed at other JW Marriott’s and this one was not as nice as the others, but I would still highly recommend it. Prior to arriving, I ordered up the hotel car for pickup. The charge was only $15, and when we were trying to depart the terminal at 11:30 pm, it was a crazy madhouse. It was very nice having someone standing at the luggage area with a sign and my name on it to assist. When I went to check in, I was told that my room on the Executive Level that I had reserved months prior was sold out. They put us in a different tower in a suite with decor equal to a Holiday Inn. I was assured that the next morning that our Executive Level room would be ready, however, after being told it was going to be longer, I got the manager involved. The room appeared and we got re-checked into it by 11:00 am. This was our only negative experience.

The hotel itself is very nice, with excellent reasonably priced restaurants and great food. There are fresh flowers everywhere in the hotel which are quite impressive. All of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful during the entire stay. The Executive Level lounge has a nice buffet breakfast, snacks in the evening, bottled water, etc. Cocktails are not included but the cost is reasonable. You cannot drink the tap water and two bottles of water are supplied in your room. If you don’t have the executive package, additional bottles are charged to you. The rooms in the JW tower were very nice and well appointed, quite a difference from the first night. There is a large soak tub and separate shower with granite floors and tile.

Other reviews indicated the area did not appear safe or it was not near shopping. We did not find that to be true. There are multiple restaurants within walking distance or for a dollar cab ride. (All currency used is US dollars which is nice). There is a very modern three story giant shopping mall that is about an 8 minute walk on a well paved sidewalk from the hotel called El Jardin.

For our day trips prior to the cruise we went up to Mindo which is in the "Cloud Forrest" in the Andes. The drive is long (2 hours) but quite scenic. There is hiking, river tubing, and an impressive butterfly farm. The next day we went horseback riding at Palaluhua Hostel, which is about 1 1/2 hour drive. It is a quaint Inn and very clean. We rode for two hours in some breathtaking scenery at a cost of $20 each. If you are going to make these excursions, get the driver from the hotel. I tried to save some money on the second trip and hailed a cab. The driver did not really speak English and got lost, and it cost the same as what the hotel would have charged. None of the four of us that went are horse people, but we had a ball and had some great cold beer after the ride!

We were leaving on the Celebrity Xpedition to the Galapagos Islands and rolled our stay into that pre-cruise package. This included a City tour with lunch, dinner that night, transportation to the airport both ways and another night at the JW at the end of the cruise. This is a must do if you are going on that cruise. You don’t have to think or worry about a thing. (It is the trip of a lifetime).

If I was not going on the cruise I don’t think I would have visited Quito, which is just another big city. However, there are things to do outside of it and the JW Marriott is a good base in which to see them from.

Room Tip: Stay on 9th floor executive level, that is where the lounge is located
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PatrickLongBeach
Germanico B, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Dear Guest:
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us,we truly appreciate your comments
We want to assure you, that we are committed to meeting your travel needs with outstanding customer service,we will continue to evaluate our operations and service assuring that our costumers are completely satisfied.Our intention is to provide a superior customer experience. We work hard and effectively in keeping a high level of excellence.

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Sincerely