JW Marriott Hotel Quito
US$155
US$116
Travelocity
1,784 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecelebrity cruisebistro latinosmoothie barla haciendayellow cabseparate showerbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelflower arrangementsgalapagos islandsbusiness centerold towntwo nightsbottled waterrooms are spaciouslobby
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We thought this was a lovely hotel to spend a few days on either end of our trip to the Galapagos on the Celebrity Xpedition. Great business center with excellent internet access. Everyone was helpful and accommodating, Would go back if ever I find myself in Quito again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I briefly took a scan at other recent reviews and truly don't understand where the complaints are about the staff service. I made quite a few requests during my stay at JW Marriott and each one was fully and promptly attended to. I was assigned, due to my Marriott Platinum status, to an upgraded Executive Room with full access to the 9th floor Executive Lounge. I used the Lounge extensively during my stay for beverages, breakfast each morning and hors doerves. It is exceptional. The breakfast included made-to-order eggs, which I can't recall seeing in any other Executive Lounge.

I left numerous wake-up calls, both for morning and naps, all perfectly delivered. I cancelled calls and they were indeed cancelled. Every request was met with perfect English and a smile. What more can you ask for?

The rooms could be updated but they are not even close to shabby status. New HDTVs are installed with many more English speaking channels than I typically get in an international hotel. In room coffee was heavenly, I loved the walk-in shower and spacious bathroom.

My only complaint is structural......the walls between rooms are thin. So take some ear plugs just in case you don't want to hear your neighbor's conversations.

If I come back to Quito, I would definitely give serious consideration to staying at the JW Marriott again.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money (if you aren't a Marriott elite member) and pay for access to the Executive Lounge. On those nights that you don't want to go out for a heavy dinner, they have substantial food offerings and breakfast is great too.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mshbnyehud
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Although this is supposed to be one of the best hotels in Quito, I left slightly disappointed. The guest floors and rooms (at least the one that I stayed on, 6) need updating. The carpet, wallpaper and furniture just seem really old. I was expecting something on a much higher level after other fantastic stays at other JW Marriotts. That being said, the room was nice. I had an excellent view, room and bathroom were spacious and comfortable, internet and TV worked well, and service was excellent. The breakfast buffet is $19 but quite a spread. I definitely did not eat $19 of food though. This is a really large hotel also. Next time I will opt for something with more charm and character near the historial center.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Things that impressed us: when we informed the staff that we had allergies to down, they completely re-made the beds for us withing a short period.
things that didn't impress us: although wifi is free all over the city at cafes, bars and even in the street in some zones, they wanted a pretty hefty fee for internet access in the room. There was some access in the business centre, but few computers there (one dominated by an inconsiderate guy skyping with his buddies for hours without getting the boot). Also, in looking for local restaurants, we felt a heavy focus on those that advertised with the hotel since those recommended to us scored VERY poorly (in trip advisor) or were VERY expensive relative to others. We were encouraged to dine at the hotel of course...but that is not by far the most authentic or cost efficient option. For the price, I think AVERAGE is a generous score.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed a week at the Marriot in Quito in October and it was a very nice place. Our room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. They left us bottled water everyday and were responsive to any requests. They helped us arrange a tour of the Equator and Old Town Quito and it was an excellent tour! The location is good, taxi's are always readily available and it is not a very far walk to the Ecovia (bus) if you want to do that. Also not a bad walk to the Plaza Foch area where there are lots of restaurants and bars. If I come back to Quito, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family