“Great place for Your Ecuador Base...”
other travellers have booked this property
Great view while eating
Amazing phenomena of nature from a safe distance!!! Queen size bed, can split into two twins
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Great view while eating
Amazing phenomena of nature from a safe distance!!!
Queen size bed, can split into two twins
View from the thrid floor
Kitchen with a great view of the Andes and south of Quito
Kitchen view of the north oriental part of the city
TV Cable, Wi-Fi, DVD, movies and books
Microwave and coffee maker
Fruit stores
Big supermarket, 12 minutes walk
Great park within 3 minuts walk
La Ronda St
Train and Chimborazo volcano
Plaza de San Francisco
The jungle. Let us help with your traveling arrangements
Galapagos, we will help to find a good deal for you
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Spanish first
Any
Snorkelfo...
“Great place for Your Ecuador Base...”
Reviewed June 6, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Stayed here for a month and used this as my base to explore the Andes and the Amazon head waters. I talk about it on my website Snorkelgeek. It's a great deal and the wifi is strong enough for me to run my business back home. I make a lot of internet calls. Sandra's Bro is an oral surgeon and teaches dentistry at the university it worked out well for me to get my teeth cleaned and a cavity filled for less than a hundred bucks. The view is amazing...

7 Jun 2018
Gracias Bernie for staying with us, it was very nice to meet you and Terrie. I am glad you had a great time in Ecuador. You did visit all over!!!
Thanks also for recommending our Dental Services. The American girl you sent us for her wisdom teeth extraction was very thankful for finding you and referring her to us. She is doing great and continuing her trip in Ecuador.
I hope to see you in the near future back in town. Abrazos para los dos!!!
dgh1658
Nashville, Tennessee
“Perfect Quito apartment and hostess!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed 8 days in October at Sandra’s studio apartment. The apartment is very efficient, has all the necessary amenities for a comfortable stay, and is very affordable. It is located in a safe and convenient neighborhood in Quito. Located just steps from public transportation, both taxis and buses. It is a very short walk to a fruit market, convenience store, and pharmacy. A 15 minute walk will take you to a very nice super market and then you can take a $2 taxi ride back to the apartment, there are lots of taxis just outside the super market. A $5 taxi ride will take to La Ronda Street or the historical center of town where there are many shops, restaurants, museums, and cathedrals. You are also a short taxi ride to the La Foch neighborhood with shops, restaurants, and a lively nightlife. If needed Sandra can arrange a taxi for you at a specific time for pick up. The view of Cotopaxi from the apartment is unbelievable.

As a traveler I have stayed in many lodgings where the owner is on-site and Sandra is absolutely the best hostess! When inquiring or booking the property or just needing questions answered Sandra is very responsive. She is very attentive and knowledgeable in all aspects of Ecuadoran life and culture. She has a background in the travel industry and can arrange and/or host daily trips within and outside of Quito. She personally led me on a day tour of downtown historic Quito, a Saturday trip to Octavio and the outdoor market, an afternoon trip to Mitad del Mundo (Middle of the World), and a trip to Quilotoa to hike inside the volcano to the crater lake. She can also help with suggestions if you want to explore on your own by taking a very inexpensive bus ride to Mindo in the cloud forest or to other sites reachable as a day trip. She is fluent in Spanish which makes her a perfect personal guide if you do not speak Spanish or have a limited vocabulary. I highly recommend staying at her studio apartment or her 3 bedroom apartment just below the studio. I loved my stay here and will certainly stay here again when returning to Quito.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Execellent customer service!!
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
7 Nov 2016
David, thank you very much for this wonderful review.

I am so glad you had a good experience visiting Ecuador. It is very important to me to give a hand when needed; sometimes just little a bit of information can make a big difference in a trip.

It was very nice to travel with you, and I am so happy you got along so well when we organized trips with more people. They also had a great time with you, the girls did loved you!

If you ever come back this is home, so please let me know, it will be great to see you again.
Peter69_9...
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“A wonderful hostess can improve and experience”
Reviewed October 31, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Upon our arrival we were warmly greeted by our hostess who offered many suggestions to expand our experience and improve our stay. She maintain contact with us throughout our stay ensuring everything both at the apartment and on our vacation experience went well. Her suggestions were valuable and helpful.

We can easily recommend this vacation apartment as a very positive experience and an excellent place to stay.

If we were to return to Quito, we would definitely stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The property owner was helpful and there for us but never intrusive
Liked least: climbing three flights of stairs
Families with young children
1 Nov 2016
Thank you very much for your nice words, it encourages me even more, to do the best possible to honor your kind comments. It is so important to me that you feel comfortable and with all the resourses I can use to help you have a wanderful experience in Quito.

I will be looking forward to visit your Synagogue, I didn't even know we had one in Quito! Sharing time with you have enriched my knowledge of my own city, isn't that great!

Please remember, QuitoMyHome is your home in town,
JerryColl...
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Woderful owner who goes a step beyond for renters to that everything just right.”
Reviewed July 23, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Conveniently located, this very clean apartment has all the necessities for a great stay in Quito. Very fast Wi-Fi. Plenty of hot water for showering and pleasantly decorated. I recommend this apartment to any person or couple.

Travelling group: Solo
25 Jul 2016
Hi Gerard thanks for your kind review. I hope you have agreat stay at Cotacachi !!!

Please keep me posted about your moving to Cuenca. I hope to see you soon again.
Saludos
Savoryguy
Newark, New York
“Super experience”
Reviewed March 7, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Our visit in late February to Quito and its surrounds was deeply satisfying, eye-opening and often breathtaking and our hostess Sandra L. helped make it so. She is one of those rare individuals who are both attentive and sympathetic yet perfectly discreet. Warm, helpful and engaging are a few of the adjectives we can throw her way. On our arrival she informed us that because of a minor glitch in our reservation she was upgrading us to a larger apartment at no extra cost. Three times larger, in fact. Talk about a good first impression! Almost everything around her property is within easy walking distance. And public transportation is so cheap it's almost unreal. When is the last time you've taken a taxi ride for $2? And the buses are even cheaper. Never mind the guy who tried to pick my pocket on the trolleybus. Just be careful. Remember you are in a big city. Having said that, my wife and I always felt safe. And Quito's Old Town is lovely. We spent many an hour there visiting its shops, restaurants and monuments, especially its churches. And if you really want a fantastic experience visit Café Mosaico and watch the lights of the city go on from the terrace as you sip a glass of wine. I'd also recommend the Dios no Muere restaurant just a short walk from the Plaza Grande in Old Town. Or ride the bus through the mountains to Otavalo to take in the world famous outdoor Mercado on a Saturday. It's colorful, teeming and if you're a supershopper like my wife a heaven-sent wonder.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Warmth and friendliness of the people
Families with young children
15 Aug 2016
Hi Herm and Carole,

I just relizad I haven't thank you for this wanderful review. Very sorry about it!!!

I was very pleased to up grade your reservation. Your stay is as important as the hole trip of your traveling adventure. I am very happy to have being able to give you the peace of mind you deserve and a little bit more.

It's so nice to be in touch on the net, it is always nice to hear from you both.
Abrasos,
hllewis43...
Wellington, Florida
“Beautiful view”
Reviewed January 31, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

Sandra the manager was very helpful and made us feel comfortable and supported. The view from the room is beautiful of the volcanoes. The room is tiny but adequate , as is the bathroom and kitchen. A lot of steps to walk up. In a neighborhood, so you get away from the noise of the city traffic.

1 Feb 2016
Hi Denise and Harvey, thank you very much for your review! Please let me know when you will be back in Quito, I will be very happy to see you again. Enjoy the rest of the trip!!!
pigir60
Terrebonne, Canada
“Perfect place to explore Quito”
Reviewed January 6, 2016 for a stay in October 2015

We spend 5 weeks in Sandra's place and really loved it. All has been said about their hospitality and it's true. I would like to insist about the location. Hey, here you can walk to Sushibi sushi restaurant, for us perhaps the best sushi place we ever eated !!!. Say hello to Junior from his Canadian friends Pierre and Sylvie. On la calle the la Isla, 1 minute away, you can have a great almuerzo (lunch) for 4$ from a graduated cook !! and there is also a family own restaurant just on the next street wich is not to miss for 5$, all taxes and tips inclusive !! ... fruits and vege very nice and typical as you see on photos. At 3-5 minutes away walk the very good San Honore for delicius pastries and coffee. You can take a cab (2-2,50) to Mariscal wich is a great place for artisanal market, many terraces and restaurants..Same thing (2,50$ taxi) to beautiful shopping center Quicentro, Super day at the teleferico where you have to go !! (3$ taxi) ,We did cook on the stove a couple of fituccini with shrimps for the great supermarkets (15 minutes walk). Don't forget to take the membership card for great saving there... On Sandra's advice, used local bus (.80 cents) to Mintad del munda wich was a great experience. We experienced public transportation many times to historic center (25 cents !) and never had a bad situation. We used Sandra's appartement as a campbase to explore other parts of Ecuador such as Banos, Otavalo using regional buses wich was really unexpensive. We also hired some private transportation beetween cities ...from the studio, you can see the Cotopaxi away but we never feel afraid...So if you understand that Ecuador is a different country and you are ready to discover it....this is a good place at a good rate !! Thanks Sandra, thanks for all.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Fridge was freezing sometimes
7 Jan 2016
Hi Pierre and Sylvie,

I trully admire the traveling spirit you both have. Never stop! (unless you had an appointment with the dentist). I have told all my guests about the new sushi place, they all loved it. In fact I am going tomorrow and I will say hello to Junior from you, I am sure he is going to be very happy. Maybe this will be the quitenian Cheers where everybody knows your name :)

If you ever come back, please know you are always more than welcomed in our place.
Abrasos,
Sandra
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing