See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 12, 2014

Staff very helpful but hotel really needs major renovation. The location is OK, close to the bus and local restaurants but after dark it is advisable to take a taxi. We stayed on 2 occasions and both rooms were quite rundown.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for and this hotel is good value for money. Friendly staff always happy to help, some language barriers but I'd never judge somebody else in their country on my inability to speak their native tongue. Clean and good food. There is also a cafe/restaurant somewhere nearby that sells the most amazing chocolate cake.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I am travelling solo on this trip and the staff at hotel had a hard time understanding my Canadian English. They could not break a $50 bill either and want cash up front each day staying there, where I was hoping to pay by credit card. Breakfast was to be desired as I was given 2 big buns of bread and some butter, marmalade and a slice of butter. The location is not so bad. I was told by my driver to the hotel that it was in a less desirable place but after walking a couple of times to the Avenida Rio Amazonas, I did not consider this location so bad. There are lots of corner stores close-by if you want to pick up water and snacks and a couple of local restaurants if you are feeling peckish. I was surprised that this is the hotel used by Tucan Travel on their trips through Quito!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank concetta l
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here one night to rest up after a long flight from the States. We were travelling in a group of 4 (family & friends). So we got a 4 bed room with private bathroom. The room was very simple but clean. The beds were very comfortable and we slept very well. Can't really complain about much, except the shower in the bathroom had a very narrow door to get in. Once in, the shower was nice and hot, but the sliding glass door was only 18" wide maybe...so a big guy could NEVER even get in the shower. So, over all the stay was very nice. We had a small breakfast in the morning. Coffee and toast with jam and juice. The price was excellent: $41.00 for all four of us.
If you want something simple and clean, this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tania C
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Stayed here for one night at the beginning of November. We had a twin room which was very dated, however the room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. For the price i find it very hard to complain, our twin room was 21.50 a night- which was half the price of our hostal in the Historical centre. My only problem with this hotel was the location, it didn´t feel safe to walk around the streets, but saying that you can easily catch taxis to places or dont take valuables out with you.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends