All reviews eggs yogurt historic property three blocks old town hotel is located its charm parque calderon the main square would highly recommend this hotel walking distance limited spanish breakfast was delicious bring earplugs third floor no window plenty of hot water
Reviewed December 30, 2015

I had the privilege of spending 3 nights in the Casa San Rafael, a converted colonial home located just 3 blocks from the main square of Cuenca. The hotel staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. They were always available, and greeted me cheerfully each time I entered the hotel. My room (206) was very comfortable, clean and well appointed. It did have creaky wood floors, which made me worry that I might disturb my neighbors at night. Other than that, it was perfect. There are comfortable sitting areas, where you can chat with friends or read; very relaxing. The free WiFi was strong. The included breakfast was delicious, with fresh fruit, fruit juice, coffee / tea, eggs to order and toast. The location can't be beat. When I return to Cuenca, I'll be staying there again.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2015

Charming property ideally located in Cuenca. Friendly staff are eager to make your stay in Cuenca great. Clean, comfortable rooms, plenty of hot water for your shower and tasty daily breakfast. This is a great place to base your explorations out of.

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed November 21, 2015

Ana Carolina is a polite young belle damme who works here and allways makes it better the stance in this beautiful place, you can have a relaxed, calmed days in this beautiful colonial house, because is just like your dreams house. even been in historic center and you dont feel and dont realize you are in a noisy street.. my best wishes for u all in San Rafael House

Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed November 21, 2015

We stayed for three days at the Casa San Rafeal in mid-November booking three rooms with other family members.This small hotel is more of a Bed&Breakfast we see here in the States.This once one grand family hometurned inn emanates an atmosphere of comforting & quiet elegance that is safe and secure further supported by a thoughtful & caring staff eager to please.The breakfast is exemplary; all fresh and cooked to order. Raphael;the owner of the hotel told me most of the ingredients eggs, fruits,& vegetables are supplied by local farms. All in all, the staff do a grand job of accommodating weary travelers. Some of the rooms have wonderful verandas decorated with potted flowers. Because of its central location, lots of 'hustle and bustle' outside during the day but it quiets down significantly at night. All in all, a very attractive & well-run place to stay in the great city of Cuenca, Ecuador.

Room tip: Buy bottled water at the local Tienda's;I found myself drinking much agua!
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here whilst travelling around Ecuador. The hotel has such a charm about it that makes you feel comfortable and looked after straight away. The staff are great, breakfast is good, rooms are very clean with a good shower. Perfect location in the midst of shops and a few mins walk to the main square.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple