All reviews beautiful hotel overlooked the courtyard smaller restaurant main restaurant no natural light old town courtyard restaurant no elevator central patio excellent location delicious dinner third floor a lovely stay spoke good english an italian restaurant street side sitting room
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly located and it looks amazing. The rooms were big and clean and the bathroom was nice.
If the restaurant in the courtyard is busy, you’ll hear the noise in your room and the breakfast service needs improvement: personnel might try to smile for once . And please, just offer a buffet.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2018

This is a lovely old hotel with lots of character. The staff speak very good English and quickly know you by name. My room was beautiful and much larger than I needed (one king plus 2 full sized in a loft). The bed was very comfortable (I like a soft bed). I had dinner in the hotel restaurant and it the service was good and very fast from the kitchen. I was worried I would hear too much noise since my room was next to the creaky stairs, but I never heard any noise until mid-morning. The bathroom had all modern amenities, good water pressure and plenty of hot water that did not take long to reach my room. Breakfast was included and very good -- the Eggs Benedict were as expected with a good, not-too-lemony hollandaise sauce. The only issue (which is beyond the control of the hotel) is the cross walk signal noise. My room was at the front of the hotel and the cross walk "beep" runs 24/7. If you are extremely sensitive to noise you may want to be away from the street. The location is perfect, 1 block from the central plaza and walking distance to most of the historic sites. The hotel responds very quickly to email and arranged my airport pickup and a taxi to take me to Guayaquil (Edisson is very responsive).

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Some rooms are cold very badly decorated
The hotel is noisy, staff starts cleaning while talking from 6 am this walking up clients
We asked several times to change room but the other rooms offered were the same, even colder
The first one was at ground floor and the second right under the roof in an attic like room
Such a bad experience for this price !!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

When you walk in it feels like going back in time to high class New Orleans, or Spain, or a movie set from the old west.
It is my first trip to Ecuador and I felt welcome and safe in this downtown Cuenca treasure.
The staff is friendly and accommodating, the room was spacious and clean, and the breakfast included was fresh and hot. Outside we are close to the busy square with great restaurants, an amazing ice cream shop, and nightlife with music and inexpensive drinks and snacks. I highly recommend this hotel, and the city of Cuenca.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2018

Absolutely beautiful hotel located around the corner from the Yanapuma Language School. The staff was helpful and welcoming. The upstairs living room was perfect for a few hours of morning work. The food was excellent. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

Room tip: Saturday night festivities were a bit loud. The hotel might consider Saturday night ear plugs.
Date of stay: July 2018