See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

I’m from Guayaquil and come to Cuenca every once in a while with my family. I have gone to many hotels in Cuenca, but the best until now is definitely this one! It is really nice and the employees are really kind. The decorations are beautiful, with many plants which give a nice natural presence. We had breakfast and dinner in the Bistro of the hotel and the food was excellent. The best of all is the location! My family members and I could walk everywhere because both malls are near by, there are many restaurants too, and the center of the city is just 3 blocks from the place! It was a very nice experience. 100% recommended! Will return soon

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Hotel Valgus is a pleasant, clean and modern hotel with easy access to surrounding shops and restaurants. The rooms and large and the bathroom is well stocked with toiletries, with a large walk-in shower. There was a dearth of English-speaking channels on the TV, but Internet is fast and reliable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

It was a great choice because of very good price and location. The service really good at front desk and restaurant. they offer free shuttle from airport which is very convenient. breakfast is simply but nice ... good wifi.
I will definetely use this hotel for my business trips.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is located next to the city soccer stadium. It is also three blocks away from a hospital with a 24hrs pharmacy (was very helpful for, y sick son!).

You can also walk to "calle larga" where you can find all the night action.

The hotel has rooms facing to the main street with nice city views but lower floor may be noise. Specially if you leave the windows opened (there is no AC units in the room).

Rooms facing the stadium might even give you a partial view of a soccer game every other sunday (as today).

Rooms look new. Restroom in excellent condition.

Room service, restaurant (opens 5 30pm and for breakfast) and very nice staff.

I only had issues with undergound parking. The spots are very tiny and in one ocassion I was able to park but almost couldn't get out of my car.

There is also a bicycle exclusive lane that runs in front of the hotel.

Brrakfast was very good as well. Fruits, juices, and some local food options.

Thumbs up. Will come back but without my SUV!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank alerf
Reviewed March 12, 2017

I visited this hotel with my family.
Location is great, one block away from "Remigio" avenue, a few away from the stadium Serrano Aguilar, and walking distance to the city Center.
The breakfast options are very good, however we were not impressed by dinner (the menu is limited).
The rooms are very clean, modern and include high speed wifi.
The staff was very helpful.
If I ever go back to Cuenca I´ll return to Valgus!!!

Room Tip: Ask room service for anything and they´ll do their best to make you feel comfortable (more towels, sheets, etc)
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family