Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$59
Agoda.comUS$59
eDreamsUS$59
TripadvisorUS$59
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
All reviews cooking class beautiful garden colca canyon early check the main square ten minute walk laundry service a great place to stay plenty of hot water yogurt armando casa teacher courtyard peru tour trek
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for a week whilst doing spanish school. The team who work there were the friendliest and most welcoming I had whilst in South America. They all went out of their way to make me feel at home and to check everything was ok for me throughout my stay. As a solo traveller it meant I felt comfortable and safe the whole time of my stay. It was also genuine.. All absolutely lovely people. Spanish school was also great and although I only had a week there they taught me loads. Muchas Gracias!

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sianee10
Reviewed November 7, 2015

I stayed at the Casa de Avila for 2 weeks as a student of the attached Spanish School Arequipa. The staff were excellent and very helpful. The student rooms are simple, but clean and have everything you need, including enough warm blankets! The garden area is just lovely for studying or hanging out after a big day and the food is reliably good.

The Spanish School was fantastic. I had Jeanette as my conversational teacher and she was amazing. Really nice, a great teacher and lots of fun to chat to, in either language! She adapted the classes to cover the topics I was interested in and I learned a fair amount of functional Spanish in just 2 weeks. The grammar classes were harder, but very well structured. If you want to learn Spanish, I would recommend at least a week at Casa de Avali and the Spanish School.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Armando E, Manager at Casa de Avila - Hotel & Jardin, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2015

Thank you very much for your comments. We will keep on doing our best with our Spanish School. All our guests are invited to take some time in Spanish classes. Hope what you learned will help you in your trip

Reviewed October 23, 2015

Excellent hotel with very helpful staff. Breakfasts very good, with large courtyard and choice of indoor or outdoor seating. Lovely room overlooking courtyard. Staff recommended a walk to nearby park away from downtown.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 21, 2015

Casa de Avila has some great and wonderful staff, very helpful and always polite. Great courtyard for eating and studying Spanish, okay breakfast (the usual fare). The room we had was clean, shower was great. Quiet location (at least by my standards).
Interestingly, the clientele here is mostly older so if you're young and looking to party this is definitely not your kind of place. They also have a resident tortoise who wanders around the garden :-)

Room tip: Second Floor corner is best
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2015

This is certainly one of the best hotels I've stayed during my trip to Peru. It was an amazing surprise since we booked it without consulting trip advisor. The hotel is very very well located (close to most of the tourist places, markets, restaurants, etc). The structure of the hotel is simply amazing (it's like a big house turned into a hotel and there's an indoor garden which is the most relaxing place to stay and enjoy breakfast or read a book) and beautiful. Breakfast was really good and abundant. Staff was really lovely and helped us with everything we needed. We arrived really tired from a 12 hour bus trip from Ica and they upgraded our reservation to a king size bed. That was really really nice. I couldn't be any happier with my stay and I recommend this hotel to anyone!! It's excellent

• Trip type: Travelled with friends