See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The Jacaranda Inn is quiet, centrally located, and clean - not a party hostel, but a couple of nice common areas for meeting people. I had a great stay, met a lot of people there, and recommended it to a number of other travelers.A great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Our stay at Jacaranda Inn was one of the nicest experiences of any hostal I've ever had. The staff was welcoming and gave us tea and breakfast right away. The water was hot, the staff friendly and it is super close to the main square. It was a wonderful place and I'd return in a minute!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The assistance offered by the staff was terrific.... Nothing was too much trouble for them to do for their guests..... Very friendly people as well......We would recommend the staff as the most efficient and helpful people that we have encountered during our travels throughout Central and South America.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2011

There are plenty of very average places in Cuzco. The difference is that this place was a lot cheaper than the others I saw. I paid US$11 per night, and it was worth every penny! You get a sleepable bed in your own room with warm blankets and a clean shared bathroom. Because nobody was staying in the rooms near mine, it turned out to be a private bathroom. The showers feature lukewarm water. Very quiet at night. The place seemed relatively clean, but I avoided looking too closely at the bedding. When I returned for a follow-up stay after leaving Cuzco for a few days, I was even offered a towel, a roll of TP, and a little bar of soap. The proprietors, who appear to be a married couple, seem like they would rather be doing something else and don't understand much English, but we managed to communicate the basics. When I mentioned that the knob in the shower on the third floor transferred an electric current to my hand when I touched it, the gentleman expressed his appreciation for sharing this information. (Based on the rubric of cleanliness before safety, I decided to keep on showering, and turned it off by shielding my hand with some clothing.) At that price, though, I really couldn't complain.

Room Tip: Watch out for the electrifying shower on the third floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2011

really enjoyed staying here,awsome staff,super friendly hostel.great value for money.delicious breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends