1,211 results
All reviews main plaza machu picchu coca tea tamales jacuzzi tub inca trail light sleeper the hotel staff perfect location small balcony restaurant recommendations reception area no window no elevator would definitely stay here again loved this hotel sitting area
Reviewed January 3, 2018

It's not easy to get to this hotel by vehicle but once you are there, the location is great. Just a couple minutes walk down the road and you are in the main square of Cusco - super convenient spot. The location alone makes it a good choice to stay in Cusco. I'm sure many of the rooms are very nice and I had particularly hoped to have the beautiful view over the Cusco rooftops that you see in their pictures. However we had one of several rooms on the ground floor that had no external windows. The room had a large window into the interior courtyard, however you have to keep the drapes closed because you can see into the room under certain lighting conditions. Also the room was very small - one of the two smallest rooms we had in a month of travel - so it felt rather claustrophobic to begin with. Looked smaller than another room I saw into. Got used to it but the layout was not great. There was a quite large dresser, which really nobody uses for a few days in a hotel. But there was not even a single chair or small table, both of which are handy. I would change the furnishings to make the room more practical. Also, after the morning you did have to walk up four flights of stairs to the reception area in order to exit the hotel. Well, the layout of the rooms simply reflects the fact that the building is old. It is a lovely building and the decor is very pleasant throughout. The breakfasts were generous, tasty and with a lot of variety. One morning there was a particularly refreshing and delicious quinoa salad. Lots of cut up and whole fruits. Eggs, cereals, breads, cakes, etc. It was very pleasant to sit in the area by the fireplace for breakfast. Nice stay but I recommend you try for a room with a view.

Room tip: Rooms on ground floor have no exterior window, claustrophobic. Try for one with a view.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TierraViva02, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Dear PatKal,

I have read your email and I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your impression about your stay at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza.

I am sorry that our rooms has not fully met your expectations and your stay with us was not 100%. We really value the feedback from our guests because it helps us improve our service every day.

We truly hope that you continue to be our guest at Tierra Viva Hotels. If you ever come back to Peru, it will be a pleasure for us to take care of you again and show you that we are committed to making every stay at Tierra Viva Hotels as pleasant as possible.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Perfect location a half block from Plaza de Armas, excellent service, great breakfasts included, always tea and coco leaves out and very comfortable, quiet rooms with all the amenities including some free beers and sodas.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TierraViva02, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Dear FrankCimino,

Thank you so much for your excellent comment!

We hope to see you again very soon at any Tierra Viva Hotel.

Reviewed December 3, 2017

This is yet another hotel that I want to give 5 stars, but I just can't. The building is so sweet, the view out over the town from the reception level is beautiful, they always have coca tea, muna tea, and coffee available, the breakfast is pretty good (the basic Peruvian hotel buffet, but better - they had tamales one morning!). The staff is friendly and helpful and patient when you can't talk because walking up the street or the stairs has left you breathless from the altitude. Our room was aesthetically lovely with a loft with couch and chair that I turned into my own dressing room. So what's the problem? To be nit-picky the lighting in the bathroom is difficult to shave or put your makeup with. But, more importantly. The only window that opened, opened to the hallway. It was stiflingly hot and we had no way to get circulation (they don't have AC in the Andean hotels). Then there was the skylight. This seemed really cool when we first arrived and we were shown how to use the remote control to draw the shade on it. And then it was 6am and we were staring at the very brightly lit shade over our bed. In their defense we never asked for a different room or a fan. I do recommend this hotel. The location is ideal as it is right by the Plaza de Armas. Just make sure you ask for some specifics like and external window and no skylight. Funny note - the road is so small that cars have to go down it backwards, because there is no outlet the other way and no way to turn around. It was some of the best driving I've ever seen.

Room tip: Ask for external window for circulation and do not take a room with a skylight.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TierraViva02, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Dear kate_e1974,

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza with other travelers.

We really value the feedback from our guests because it helps us improve our service every day. We are committed to ensuring that every stay at Tierra Viva Hotels is as pleasant as possible.

Hope to welcome as our guest again soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2017

I really enjoyed this hotel, they were very accommodating. They let us drop off our bags a few days ahead of time while we were staying in the Sacred Valley. One of the front desk employees, Harol, was incredibly helpful. The wifi was great, and there was free breakfast in the morning. This hotel is right on Plaza des Armas, which can make it a little tricky for tour pick up because cars can't drive right up to it, but it's worth it.

One thing to definitely make note of: there's multiple Tierra Viva Cusco hotels, so make sure that you know if it's "hotel" or "plaza" or any other version. We got dropped off at the wrong one, and walking to the Plaza on our first day in this altitude with all of our bags was slightly challenging.

Room tip: As far as I could tell, all rooms were good.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Emily L,

Thank you for your excellent comment!! We are very happy to know that you really enjoyed your stay at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza.

Our mission at Tierra Viva is to contribute to make everyone´s trip an unforgettable experience. And for us, help our guests and take care of them is part of our passion for service and love for our work and Harol shows what we all feel working in Tierra Viva!

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 26, 2017

I stayed twice at this hotel, and appreciated the helpful staff assisting me with carrying bags to/from my room (no elevator). Free coca tea and 2 liters of bottled water daily were nice amenities, and the free breakfast was ample with eggs, sliced meats, cheese, fruit, olives, fresh juice and bread. Wifi was good. Rooms are cozy--I had one rustically decorated with antique musical instruments. A nearby club plays loud music that carries to the hotel, but I am a heavy sleeper and it didn't bother me. The hotel entrance is in a narrow street that not all tour operators can come to, but taxis don't have a problem. But the convenience of being 2 minutes away (walking) to the main plaza is fantastic. It's also close to Saqsaywaman (10-15 minute uphill walk) and other attractions. I loved seeing the clouds build to a thunderstorm and hearing the rain beat down on the sky window in the common area. The hotel also held my bags for 6 hours after checkout and arranged for my transport (10 soles) to the airport.

Room tip: 1st floor is the noisiest
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
TierraViva02, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Dear Stacy E,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza with other travelers and for having stayed at our hotel.

We hope that you continue to be our guest at Tierra Viva Hotels if you ever have the chance to visit us again in Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Puno, Arequipa or Lima.