1,191 results
All reviewsmain plazacoca teamachu picchutamalesjacuzzi tubinca trailthe hotel stafflight sleeperperfect locationno elevatorreception areawould definitely stay here againrestaurant recommendationsno windowloved this hotelbring earplugseggs
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided to come to Peru and hike the Inca trail. We stayed at Tierra Viva the day before our hike and the hotel stored our luggage with them until we returned. When we got back the luggage was already in the room which was hassle free! The location of this hotel is amazing. Right next to the main square with plenty of restaurants. I highly recommend Ceviche and Inka Grill ( both 2 min away from the hotel walking). The hotel also has breakfast included, it’s not to large of a selection but good food! I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking to be close to the main square and a nice clean place to stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RaneemA81
Carolina S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent comment!! We are very happy to know that you really enjoyed your stay at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza. Our mission at Tierra Viva is to contribute to make everyone´s trip an unforgettable experience. And for us, help our guests and take care of them is part of our passion for service.

If you ever have the chance to visit Peru again, it will be a pleasure to take care of you at our hotels in Lima, Arequipa, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and Puno.

Kind regards,

Carolina Saenz
Guest Relations
Tierra Viva Hotels

Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

I thought this hotel was a great value and recommend it if you are looking for a good clean place to stay without paying top dollar. It’s clean and comfortable and very close to the plaza and within walking distance of many of the attractions. As mentioned in other reviews there is an adjoining bar that gets loud. The name on the place says restaurant but it’s a bar. Each night we were so tired it didn’t bother me. There’s no elevator and getting up to your fourth floor room is a good introduction to how the altitude affects your breathing.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank OldLawHog
Carolina S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Dear OldLawHog,

Thank you for your comment and for considering Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza as a "Great Hotel for the Money". It is so wonderful that all our effort is appreciated!

If you ever have the chance to visit Peru again, it will be a pleasure to take care of you again at our hotels in Lima, Arequipa, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu or Puno.

Kind regards,

Carolina Saenz
Guest Relations
Tierra Viva Hotels

Reviewed May 4, 2018

This hotel is just a couple minutes' walk away from northeastern corner of Plaza de Armas (of course with a slight slope). The staff, though without the best English, have been all very nice, with smile on their face.

My (single) room was a bit small and didn't have windows looking to the streets as the windows were facing the corridor and the central courtyard (or a hole for all floors except the bottom one) of the hotel. A hotel staff told me that most rooms were like this as the hotel couldn't change the original structure due to some legal restrictions.
Though the instruction on the safety box seemed to say that the password could be 3 to 6 digits, the safety box seemed to like 3 digits only, as it didn't work when I tried 4 digits. A staff came down to try to help me and he seemed to be as surprised about this feature/problem as I was

They provide two bottles of water every day which has been useful.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Kin Y
Reviewed April 28, 2018

This is a great hotel just a few steps away from the Plaza. I trekked to Machu Picchu and stayed in this hotel before and after my trek. The staff is very cordial and helpful. Breakfast is great. Rooms are small but clean and cozy. I requested staying an extra hour beyond my check-out time and they accommodated my request. I highly recommend this hotel if you plan to visit Cusco.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Alok C
Reviewed April 25, 2018

This is a very nice small hotel in an ideal location, a half block from the Plaza de Armas. The staff is friendly and very helpful, the rooms are nice and the breakfast exceptionally good. However, be very careful when making reservations to ask for a quiet room as there is a bar and dance club nearby with exceedingly loud music. We reserved Room 501 that has magnificent views of the city, but the noise level was intolerable. Moving to Room 205, we were able to sleep and to enjoy this wonderful hotel and staff. Stay away from rooms on the upper floors as they are near the source of the loud music that went on beyond 5 a.m. in the morning. We had read the reviews about the music, but thought ear plugs and being sound sleepers that there would be no problem, we were wrong. It is surprising that the Cusco municipal government allows loud music and wild very young (teenagers it appeared) drinking patrons in the historic district of the city, this would not be tolerated in a well administered city that respected and valued its heritage. Once again, with a lower quiet room, this hotel can be highly recommended.

Room Tip: Only reserve a room on the lower two floors that are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple