“Nice tapas, bit pricey compared to other restaurants in area”
Review of Tartessos - CLOSED

Tartessos
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I went here on a lunchtime for tapas. I had great difficulty finding any staff and after 10 minutes of looking in every room was leaving when a waitress appeared.

The tapas were very small and even for a light lunch 5 or 6 would be needed at least making it quite expensive to eat. I had a selection of tapas and they were all very good. Once we had found a member of staff the service was also good.

I sat outside overlooking the courtyard and it was very nice. I noticed that there were electric heaters under the tables so that it would be warm enough in the cooler evenings.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

On a tour of Peru we went with friends on the tour to this excellent restaurant. It is not obvious from the street - you go through a doorway into a pretty coutyard, then upstairs to find the restaurant.
The presentation of the food was so good, that we had to take photos before we ate. I had battered chicken with creamed mushrooms & sauté potatoes followed by deep fried chocolate truffles with Baileys sauce & glazed almonds in a tuille basket. The latter was the most incredible dessert I have ever had - a chocoholics perfect dream!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We ate here twice during three days in Cusco. We liked eating sitting at the bar and watching the several chefs cooking orders on an open pit behind the bar. I loved the tapas and made a meal of the daily tapa selection. A great mix of local and Mediterranean food. Great central location close to the Plaza de Armas. It was always crowded in early January and we couldn't get reservations for New year's Eve or we would have celebrated there,

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The "cooks in the review below shouldn't be taken seriously. They didn't even stay. True there are different pairings (I had chicken and applesauce and a sherry reduction) and it was amazing. I can't even begin to describe how great of a pairing. I'm gonna try it when I get home. They take all sorts of CRedit cards. The only thing is we weren't allowed to leave a tip. :( I felt awful cause we didn't have soles on us. But this restaurant hit all the right notes with us. Even the dessert was incredible. Truffles covered in almond and flash fried. I would get them every day if I could. And our server was wonderful.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This restaurant is amazing, food is great and great staff. We stayed in Cusco for December and January and we had our last dinner of 2012 here. Just Great.