“Good resturant”

Ranked #39 of 843 Restaurants in Cusco
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Le Soleil is the first restaurant gourmet French food in the city of Cusco. Proposes true flavors and wines of French culture, the only place where you can taste the classics of this kitchen, for example, rillettes, confit de canard, creme brulee. Offers an exclusive menu prepared only with fresh products according to market dishes available. In the space bar you can taste wine by the glass even the excellent French wines. The restaurant is open for all age groups and is also available for private events such as: Weddings, cocktails.
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Nice french restaurants, main dishes are quite big, so don't be tempted to order too many plates. During our stay we were the only people there, which was quite strange in my opinion.

marcinart, Propietario at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear idansc,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for your comment: we are very happy that you consider us as a good restaurant. As I mention before, eating early at dinner or having lunch means that there will be not many people, so if you prefer crowd I suggest to come later; we are in a very turistic town so the restaurant can be empty or full and this is how it is working.
I hope your stay in Peru is great.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is close to hotel I stayed (casa andina Koricancha), you must go a reservation first. I recommend have a light lunch so you can go at dinner enjoy a bottle of wine with the food.

I loved the light cream with is in the picture with this review, it's a must. Usually I put some black pepper at my cream,s soups, salads and other dishes, I recommend to the restaurant to buy a better pepper. The other dish I like and recommend is the octopus.

The waiter are really careful and attentive with your table, dishes and silverware. The place is really quiet, fancy and clean.

marcinart, Propietario at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Dear aissa f,

Thank you very much for your visit and thank you for your enthusiastic review. I am glad you liked our food and service. Thank you as well for your photos.
We are trying from Paris Damascus Pepper which is considered as one of the best in the world but I will be so happy to get any better data if you have any, so I can find it.
We do hope to see you again soon in Cusco or in Lima.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Who would have thought we would have found a wonderful French restaurant in the city filled with cebiche and potatoes?! But we did, and all I can say is we are so happy we did. Le Soleil offers an experience as close to Paris as I remember. We opted not to have the 5 course and chose the a la carte option. From start to finish, I cannot say enough. Escargots, octopus salad, duck l'orange and even gnocchi (!) all had flavours beyond the first bite. And ask Arthur for help on the wine. His selection is magnificent.

marcinart, Propietario at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear Sonia,

Thank you for your post: you have made my day :-) If you wrote this review this means tha you are home safe after the journey back to SF. Thank you so much for your visit and thank you for your great review. I was so pleased to "surpride" you with our food and wine.
We are glad that you liked it so much.
I do really hope one day our paths will cross and we will have more opportunities to talk and talk again.

My best regards,

Arthur

Reviewed October 6, 2017

Even after reading the numerous positive reviews, I still questioned how a French restaurant could be so successful in Cusco. It didn't take long for us to understand that the reviews weren't joking. It was our first evening in Cusco so our bodies were still not quite adjusted to the time and altitude changes. We walked in at about 6:00 PM and were the only ones in the restaurant. However, that didn't have any effect on the food or service quality. We each ordered a glass of wine and our entrees, but the server came back shortly after pouring our wine with a small cup of pumpkin soup, which was light, flavorful, and delicious. That was followed by our entreés: rabbit for me and gnocchi for my wife. They were both everything we'd hoped they would be. We were particularly impressed by the gnocchi; they were rich and drizzled with olive oil and basil, but did not feel heavy at all. We finished our meal by sharing the creme bruleé, which was classic and perfect. Throughout the whole meal the service was attentive and friendly, but not hovering. We would definitely recommend this restaurant, but we would recommend arriving later in the evening (around 8:00 PM) if you want to sit among other diners. If it weren't for other restaurants we wanted to try we would've been happy to come back again.

marcinart, Propietario at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for your detailed review. We are very happy to read that you and your wife have appreciated our food and service. I like the fact that you were so positively surprised. We work every day very hard to maintain our quality.
Thank you for explaining quite and busy hours.
I hope your trip in Peru is a great adventure.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

From start to finish the food was delicious and presented beautifully. Staff was very professional and personable. After a week of great food in Cusco this is by far the best!

1  Thank Lisa B
marcinart, Propietario at Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear Lisa,

Many thanks for your visit and thank you for your great comment. It is so nice to hear that your customers are happy and enjoy your food and service.
Thank you for ranking us so high!